Mmmmm, Look at that Word! discussion

Juicy Words for 2/16/12

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori | 11 comments Mod
Your mission: Choose three of your juicy words and put them to use this week. (Remember, we don't build up our vocabulary unless we identify unfamiliar words, and then put them to use.)

Once you've used all three words, post a response in this discussion to share your three words, what they mean, where you originally found each word, and how you used each in real life this week.

EXAMPLE*
*This example only discusses one word, but remember: you must discuss THREE words in your response

---------------------------------------
Hi, everyone!

I found my first word, allotrion, in the New York Times Book Review section of my Sunday paper. An allotrion is an idle pursuit that distracts from serious responsibilities. I used it last night while I was watching TV with my husband when I said "This reality show is a total allotrion, we should be reading books instead of watching it!" He just looked at me funny when I said it.

I hope everyone is having fun using their juicy words!

- Professor O.
---------------------------------------

Words must be posted before class on Thursday, 2/16.

Remember: Don't simply use the words in a sentence. Tell us how you used them in real life.

Have fun!

message 2: by Kash (new)

Kash | 3 comments i found my 3 words from the book called million lilttle pieces. my first word is abhors which mean to regard with extreme repugnance, i used this word when with my friend when he told me about going to bar and i abhors the idea of getting drunk and going to bar on his birthday.

my second word is which i found from the million little pieces book is serenity which mean the quality or state of being i used this words as i was thinking in my inner voice how after every thunder strom yu can feel serenity.

my third word i found was from my friend leonord book which is optmistic,which mean someone who always look on the bright side. i used this word with my friend when we were talking about valentine day and even though my friend didnt had a gurl he was still optimistic about going out and having fun

message 3: by Brett (new)

Brett Synek | 7 comments I, Brett Thomas Synek, found my first word, grotesque, in The Devil in the White City. Grotesque means gross/bizarre/distorted. I used it while talking to a baseball buddy, I said, "It's not my fault I'm extremely handsome and you are grotesque look." He gave me a look and said, "Uh ok." I won.

My second word, elope, was also found in The Devil in the White City. It means to run away (with a lover). It was used again with the same baseball buddy when I said, "Don't worry dude, we can just elope away from this place". We communicate in a special way.

My third word, cadaver, was also found in TDWC. Cadaver means a dead body (sometimes used for dissection). I was talking to a friend about H.H. Holmes, the murderer in the book, and a documentary on him and I said, "I don't understand how he acted like a cadaver was no big deal to him." It sounded smart and replied with "No chance you came up with that word on your own." Touche to him.

message 4: by Shumaila (new)

Shumaila (ssajid657) | 2 comments My first juicy word is Stultify. I heard that word from my english professor. which means to be foolish or not fun anymore. I used this word when I was talking to my mom. She told me to make dinner and i said " Mommy don't make our relationship Stultify" and she just give me a very confused look.

My second word is Scandal. I heard that word in "Good Luck Charlie". Which means is to be embarrassed. I used this word when I was talking to my dad about old days and how i used to bug one of my cousins and one day I puke on my Uncle's lap and then I said to my dad " It was a scandal movement for me " .. my dad stop for a second and he said " yeah.. are you trying to sounds educated"

My third word is Abhor. I found this word from one of my classmates. Which means is to Hate. I used this word when my uncle ask me to make him coffee and I told him "I abhor making him coffee"

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 4 comments My first juicy word was insecure. it is from the book kicked out. It means that you are not confident or certain, uneasy and anxious. I found this word interesting because I don't use this word often. I used this word last week at home when talking to my sweet boyfriend. We are talking about meeting new friends. I told him I am insecure about talking to people. He said it was OK and gave me a kiss.

My second juicy word I found was wheelies. It was from a book called kicked out . it is a maneuver in which a bicycle, motorcycle, or car has its front wheel or wheels lifted off the ground. I used this word at the park in the summer when I was learning to ride a bike. I asked my sweet boyfriend "will you teach me to do wheelies when I learn to ride a bike?" he answered "yes."

My third juicy word that I found was gravel. it is from the book kicked out. It is small stones and pebbles, or a mixture of these with sand. today while I was walking to my sweet boyfriend's car we noticed that the Oakton community college parking lot A has a good amount of gravel.

message 6: by Suhani (new)

Suhani Shah | 4 comments Hi there!
I found all three of my words in my book I am reading. The first juicy word is BAFFLED which means to be confused. I used this word when my friend was trying to teach me a math and I said,"I have no idea what your saying I am baffled over this math problem."

My second word is FRAZZLED. I used this when I cleaned the whole house and I told my mom, "I am still frazzled after cleaning the entire house."

Lastly, my third word is MALICIOUS. I used this word when my friends and I were hanging out and told my friends, "Looks like that stranger is about to do something malicious to her friend."
- Suhani Shah

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori | 11 comments Mod
Kash wrote: "i found my 3 words from the book called million lilttle pieces. my first word is abhors which mean to regard with extreme repugnance, i used this word when with my friend when he told me about goin..."

Nice job, Kash! Everyone--these are great examples of what you should do for this homework assignment. Well done!

message 8: by Fmirou (new)

Fmirou | 3 comments Hello
I found all three words in the book I am reading "along for the ride"

The first juicy word is Martyr. It means a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs. I used this word while I was having a conversation with my brother we discussed how people were Martyr back in the days because of their race.

My second juicy word is Impromptu, it means Done without being planned, organized, or rehearsed
.....I was having a moment by my self today and thought starting collage was impromptu and unexpected.

My Third Juicy word is tumultuous it means Excited, confused, or disorderly. I was speaking with my friend and I told her Princess On Ice was tumultuous to the point I was clapping the whole time...She looked at me weird not knowing what I meant ;)

message 9: by Cristina (new)

Cristina Oliver | 1 comments Hello There! (:
My first Juicy word is adjoining, it means to be in contact;or next to somehting. I found my juicy word in my book "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyers. When i used my word, i was talking to a friend and I said "I live in a adjoining house,across Gemini School."

My second juicy word was prattled, it means to talk, to chatter. I fond my juicy word again in my Book that I am reading. In reality i said to my friend " Stop prattling; we need to focus in Biology."

My third and final jusicy word is Dubious, it means to be doubtful, or uncertain. Again i found my word in my book. I used my word earlier today, my friend and I were waking together to anthroplogy cass today, & so i said "I am dubious about the exam we took on monday, i think we really did bad on it."
-Cristina Oliver (:

message 10: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay S | 2 comments The other day I was texting my boyfriend who has a significantly better vocabulary than me. I used the word “protocol” in the text that went something a long the lines of this, “That is not proper protocol.” He then asked me for the exact definition because he couldn’t believe I used a word like that. I came across this word while reading my book and have heard it before. It sounded like a pretty cool word so I wanted to start using it more.

I came across the word “perpetual” when I logged on Facebook one day. It was included in one of my friend’s statuses and I have heard it before, but I wasn’t exactly sure what it meant. So I looked up the definition and figured I could easily use that in a sentence. Later that day I went to work and was joking around with my boss and said, “Your perpetual complaining is really bothering me.” She looked at me with wide eyes and just started to laugh.

I was talking with my mom the other day and she mentioned the word “prudent.” I immediately interrupted and ask what the word meant. She then told me what it meant, and I figured it was a good word that I could use often. I was talking with my dad that night about going away to college next year and I told him all my plans. I then ended the conversation with, “I think I am making a very prudent choice.” He looked at me and jokingly said, “Wow, I’m impressed!” I laughed sarcastically and gave him a dirty look.

message 11: by Evelina (new)

Evelina | 2 comments I found my 3 juicy words from the book called "Speak". My first word is wadding which means walking through water or another liquid or soft substance. I used that word when i went to the movies with my friend, and i said to her "that guy waded through that water so fast". she looked confused.

My second word is thaw=melt.
i used that word while i was driving, i told my boyfriend that all the snow is thawing.

My third word is wince which means shrinking movement caused by pain or distress.
My friend had stomach ache and i told her to wince is gonna hurt less. She said " do whaaaatttt?"

message 12: by Ethan (new)

Ethan B | 2 comments I found my three juicy words from the book “A Million Little Pieces” which I’m currently reading.
My first word is forage, which means seeking or searching for food. I used it when my friend asked me “have you seen Bill?” I told him Bill is foraging in cafeteria.
My second word is foremost, which means in the first place or before anything else. I used this word when I told my friend that first and foremost thing is to stay healthy.
My third word is laceration, which means a torn ragged wound. I used it to explain the movie to my friend that the main character got huge laceration after the fight.

message 13: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 4 comments Hello,
I found 3 juicy words. The first one is Embrace and i found it from a quote i was reading the other day. Embrace means to hold close with the arms, usually as an expression of affection.
I used that word when i was talking to my friend and i told hr that she needed to embrace her boyfriend more, because she was being cold with him.

My second word is Measles i found it when i was reading my book Catching Fire. It means a contagious viral disease, and characterized by eruption of red spots on the skin.
I used that word when i was on Facebook and i was looking at my cousins pictures and i comment it on her picture and i said OMG u have measles!!! and she reply all confused because she didn't know what the word meant.

My third word is Vexed and i also found it on my book Catching Fire. It means being irritated or annoyed. I used that word when i was taking care of my little sister and i told my sister that i was very vexed because the baby was crying.

message 14: by Arhum (new)

Arhum (arhumraja) | 2 comments I got my three words from the book called "Ask Me No Questions".
My first word is Shalwar Kameez which means (Clothing & Fashion) a long tunic worn over a pair of baggy trousers, usually worn by women, especially in Pakistan & India. I used this word when there was an Eid-Ul-Fitr & Eid-Ul-Adha all Muslims wear shalwar kameez because this is Pakistanis national dress. And go at the mosque and pray.

My Second juicy word is dystopia which means that An imaginary place or state where living conditions are extremely bad. I used this word as In different parts of the world there are some places that look like dystopia such as in India in “The Slums”. such as in the movie called "Slumdog Millionaire "

My Third juicy word is detained which means to keep someone in custody or to deport someone. I used this word when my friend was deported back to his county because he was considered an Illegal Immigrant.

message 15: by David (new)

David | 1 comments I found my three juicy words from the book called the "Kite Runner" which i am currently reading. My first word is Naan which means bread. I used this word in a text message to my friend and she said whats Naan and i told her to look it up.

My second word Kabul also found in the book. The word Kabul is the the capital and largest city of Afghanistan and located in eastern Afghanistan. I texted to my friend that one of my friends used to live in Kabul hes like where is that at?

My third word is afghani and its also from the book. this word means the basic unit of money in Afghanistan. I asked my friends at school could i barrow some afghani and they didnt know what i was talking about it was so funny.

message 16: by Shrujal (last edited Feb 15, 2012 09:39PM) (new)

Shrujal | 1 comments Yello...ppl !!! - not Yellow Yellow but Yello k ppl... :) !!!

1.Discombobulate: Confuse and/or upset
➢ After watching “Southland Tales” I was discombobulated with their ending part of the story.

2.Nectarous: Delicious, Delightful
➢ I think when you mix “Kir-Royal” with Champagne, it turns into some magical nectarous drink that you can ever test it.

3.Grubby: Dirty, Messy
➢ Kesha likes to record grubby music albums, and especially one of her album “we r who we r”, she records grubbiest video song ever.

Thank You - SS :)

message 17: by AllyAhChim (new)

AllyAhChim Lee | 2 comments I got the three juicy words from my independent book that I got this from my aunt as a gift.
My first juicy word is shooing which means to make an animal or a person away, by waving your hands or arms at them.I used this word to my roommate. Once she brought a dog to my room I shooed the dog out of my room. when she said 'what are you doing? 'Iam asking seriously' and I said 'I am trying to kick the dog out of my house because I hate the dog.'

My Second juicyword is Timbuktu which means, any distant or outlandish place or a town in central Mali, on the River Niger. I used this word to my young students. I said 'If you make a trouble again, I will send you to timbuktu.' After I said this, they were being quite in classroom.

My third juicy word is tout de suite which means, at once or immediately. I used this word to my friend. I said'Hey, Iam so hungry. can you make some food for me tout de suite!!!!!?' and my friend said 'I am not like an inferior girl?'

message 18: by Dixi (new)

Dixi | 1 comments Hi,
I found my two juicy words from my book, and one of from my friend’s e-mail.
My first and helpful word is Amicably. Amicably means showing a polite and friendly desire to avoid disagreement and argument. I used this word with my best friend. She is in India. I send to her "you are very amicable girl". After that she replayed to me "because you believe delusional about me". So my second juicy word is Delusional. Delusional means when someone believes something that is not true. I glad to learn this new word.
My third word is Scandalize. Scandalize means to shock or horrify by something considered immoral or improper. I did not use this world with someone but I used with myself. Two weeks ago, my mother's aunt was died, at that time I used this world like "this news will scandalize my mother.
- Dixita Patel

message 19: by Dawid (last edited Feb 15, 2012 10:38PM) (new)

Dawid Pi | 3 comments My first juicy word was fallacy. This word I found out when my teacher give lecture. It means misleading or unsound argument.. I found this word interesting because I don't use this word often. I used this word last weekend at the party. My friends and I were talking about TV media and I said thet media these days do fallacy news and we are being brainwashed.

My second juicy word was zenith. It is from the book 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It means a highest point or state. I found this word interesting because I don't use this word at all. I used this word this week at home while I was watching TV with my parents and it was something about Roman Empire I asked them: do you know how big was Roman Empire during their zenith times ?

My third juicy word was moist. I heard that one on TV. It means slightly wet. I found this word interesting because it sounds awesome. I used this word this week with a fiend while we were texting I told him carefull today at the road because is moist out there.
Dawid Pilat

message 20: by Kamil (new)

Kamil | 1 comments I found all of my juicy words in the book, which I'm currently reading called "Story of a girl". My first word is "fuss" which means an excessive display of anxious attention or activity. I used this word an hour ago when I entered Wendy's drive thru with my friends and while placing our orders one of my friends changed his mind three times, so at the end i said that i'm sorry about the fuss my friend made. Voice in the speaker said that it's ok. The friend which changed his mind three times asked me what does the word fuss mean, I respond that he have weak vocabulary and I laugh. When we drove up to the window, he asked the lady at the counter if she knows what does it means. She said "no but it's still ok..." hah

My second word is "soggy" which means that something is wet or soft. I used this word when i stopped with my friend in subway, when we got our order we sat down and he accidentally spilled his drink on his sandwich and i told him "now you will eat a soggy sandwich".

My third juicy word is mildew - a whitish coating of minute fungal hyphae, growing on plants or damp organic material. I used this word when my old friend came to visit me and i walked out with my dog at front of the house to welcome him. We stood there for a little bit, while i looked up the tree I said that there is a mildew. After my words he asked me what kind of animal it is...

message 21: by Minyoung (new)

Minyoung | 5 comments I found 3 juicy words from the book, The catching fire. My first word is “otiose” which means lazy. I used this word when I was texting with my friends, I asked them for joining exercise, but they didn’t want to join because they are laziness. I said, “Don’t be otiose”

Second word is “Godspeed” which means good fortune. I used this word to my sister because she has a big text today. I wished her godspeed

Last word is “Pusillanimous” which means cowardly. I used this word to my friend who likes to play act. I said, “Your pusillanimous actions make people to get sick.”

message 22: by Ajoseph (new)

Ajoseph | 1 comments hi!everyone I found 3 juicy words.
The first juicy word is anticipation. It means to look forward. I found in the book I'm reading called pieces of happily ever after. I will use this word anticipation when I talk to someone.

second word I found is delighted. It means to highly pleased or to satisfy greatly. I used this word to my husband when I talked. He was wondering where I got these word from.

third word I found is mystified. This word means to perplex the mind of , to make mysterious. I used this word when I saw a show on tv .by Ash,

message 23: by Semjace (new)

Semjace | 3 comments Hello Everyone =)

My first juicy word i found it, in my book "Look Again".NUZZLING which it means to burrow or root with the nose,snout.I used this word with my mom " Look mom Toby & Oso are Nuzzling after they both fough for the toy,awww" and she totally ignored me.

My second word I found it written in my brothers wall in his room. SLUGGISH which it means lacking in energy,lazy. I used with one of my friends wen he got out from work,"Damn you must be Sluggish to go out ater been all day at work." and he reply saying "sluggish??"

My third word i found it in my book also. BITTERNESS which it means having a harsh,disagreeably acrid taste. And I used went my bestfriend and I got into a argument i told her "you so Bitterness Montse, seriously! no reason to get like that!" and she reply with "whatever blondy"

message 24: by Rantigna20 (new)

Rantigna20 | 1 comments In the academically adrift artical I came across the word assumption. The word means to guess or think something should be a certain way. I was under the assumption that I didn't need to post any juicy words.

The word extracurricular was also in the academically adrift article. Extracurricular actually means to do more work outside of school. I participated in an extacurricular activity going to China town during the Chinese New Year.

The last word is unidentified, I founf it in my independent reading book. The word means not able to recognize. I toldd my friends I saw an unidentified flying object and they laughed at me.

message 25: by Rickie (new)

Rickie Thelovelyvampgirl | 2 comments hello,
I have found three juicy words in the book i'm reading. the tittle of the book is Somebody Else's Man.
the first word is remorseful, it means a sense of deep regret and guilt for some misdeed. i used remorseful when i was texting one of my friends.

The second word is livable, it means suitable for living in. i need a job to make my life more livable.

The third word is inattentive, it means not paying attention or negligent. i used it in a sentence, sometimes i can be so inattentive when i'm in class especially my speech class.

message 26: by Dominiquemck (new)

Dominiquemck | 2 comments Juicy! Juicyy! Lol
My first juicy word is..
Merely..Meanin only as specified and nothing more. "Some say the report merely confirms common sense."
My Second Juicy word is Audacity. Meaning to be bold or daring, especially with confident or arrogant disregard for personal safety or other restrictions. "I can not believe my murderer, had the Audacity to ask my parents my name.!"

My Third juicy word is Mull. Meaning to think about carefully; to consider. "I may have to mull into this situation, before heading out."

message 27: by Carl (new)

Carl Flowers | 1 comments Juicy words right,

My first one Flamenco - A style of dancing , characteristic of the Andalusian gypsies that is strongly rhythmic an involves vigorous actions as clapping the hands an feet

This woman had the whole crowd of men hypnosis as the flamenco up the stage .

My second Taciturn -dour stern an silent in expression manner

It was obvious the man was mad with a taciturn look in his eyes.

My third Monarchy- supreme power or sovereignty held by a single person.

This gentleman created an monarchy within a year.

message 28: by Maraki (last edited Feb 21, 2012 08:32AM) (new)

Maraki | 5 comments Hi everyone, i found these three words in my novel book Love the one you are with and i like to share them with you!

Musing
I am musing when i sit and see the stars and the moon!

Scoff
My brother scoffs me a lot when something funny happens to me.

Acquaintances
The main character was very sociable he had many acquaintances.

Have a good day everyone!

message 29: by Nick (new)

Nick Delbene | 2 comments I came across the word ingraditude in my independent read book, Bud Not Buddy. ingraditude means to be unkind. I told my parents I would never show them ingraditude. They kinda laughed at me. The next word was vermin. I found it in Bud Not Buddy. Vermin means disgusting animal. I told my brother he was vermin. He kinda laughed at me too. The last word is plague. I found it in Bud Not Buddy. Plague means a bad disease. I told my room mate to leave because he was like a plague. He said, "whatever".
See You all Thursday, Nick D.

message 30: by Minyoung (new)

Minyoung | 5 comments Hi everyone! I found three juicy words in the blogs while I was surfing the internet.

The first word that I found is ‘jejune’ which means childish. I used this word to my sister when she’s fooling around.

The second word is ‘lackadaisical’ which means without enthusiasm. I used this word when I was working out with my friend in fitness center. Then he was being lazy. I said “you can leave if you want, you’re lackadaisical.”

The last word that I found is ‘wynd’ which means a narrow street. I used this word last night when I was talking to my friend on the phone. He was walking back to his house and I said “you better watch yourself because there are a lot of gangs on wynd”

message 31: by Princessliline (new)

Princessliline | 1 comments I got the three juicy words from my independent book that i reading.
my firs juicy word is delighful wish mean Great pleasure, joy.i used delighful when i was texting my friend.
my second is juicy word is vaguely it mean Not thinking or expressing oneself clearly.i used it when i was telling my friend about a guy i freind with on facebook. i could remember his real name but he look vaguely familiar.
my third juicy word is outraged it mean A feeling of righteous anger.
i used it when i was texting my brother . Mom was outgraged because you didnt return her call then he reply ..i know.

message 32: by Semjace (new)

Semjace | 3 comments Hello

My three Juicy Words i found them in my book i'm reading.

My first word is GOODY which it means somthing specially attractive or pleased and i just send a random text to my friend "Babyguuurl! you so Goody!" and she reply saying "aww i love you my pretty bloooondyyy"!

My second word is MURKY which it means dark, gloomy and cheerless. i recieved a bad news that my friend passed away and my friend called me to go out to the movies and i answered saying "Hun i really feel so Murky to go out im sorry :(

My last word is JIGGERED which it means damned or confusing. my family and i we were playing this game and i told them "ugh this game is so Jigegered" and they all looked me weird.

message 33: by Suhani (new)

Suhani Shah | 4 comments I found my three words in the book I am reading right now.

My first word is PHENOMENON. This word means impressive or extraordinary. I used this when my friend was showing me something and i said, "I really thought that was phenomenal."

The second word was CHRONICLE which means a long period of time. I used this word when i was talking to my father about the old times. I told him, " Those were the chronicle times.

The third word was EMBEZZLEMENT this word means one's own use, as money or property. I used this while talking to my mom and when I asked for money and said, "This is all my embezzlement so you may not take it!"

- Suhani

message 34: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 4 comments I found my three new from my book MockingJay.!

My first word was PARADIGM which means a way of viewing the reality, a different way of thinking.I I used this when i was talking to my friend about how important is to go to school but she disagree with me and i told her that she had a paradigm.

The second word was AMEND which means to change for the better, improve. I used this word when i was having a conversation with my sister and i was telling her that she needed to amend her way of cooking.

My third word was ALLOCATE which means to set apart for a special purpose, designated. I used this word when i was texting my brother in in law and i send him a text saying that he needed to allocate the room for the baby.

message 35: by Dawid (new)

Dawid Pi | 3 comments Dawid Pilat

My first juicy word is KEEVE. This word I founded while I was reading an article on the internet. It means a large tub. I found this word interesting because I don't use this word at all. I used this word lyesterday at work. I was putting a new tub into a bathroom and this tub was big so I said: That is one keeve tub.

My second juicy word is LULL. It is from the book 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It means to couse to sleep or rest. I found this word interesting because I don't use this word at all. I used this word last week at at the party to a friend. My friend was talking to some guy and he looked so tired and he just fall a sleep I said Wiktor you talked abut some boring stuff because you just made him lull how do you feel about it?

My third juicy word is DAZZLED. I heard that one on TV. It means get blind like for few seconds with headlights especially. I found this word interesting because it sounds funny. I used this word over the weekend when I was coming back from the party. A guy behind me had these headlights very bright, I said. Damm this guy got bright headlights it just makes me dazzled.

message 36: by Evelina (new)

Evelina | 2 comments hi everyone.
I found my three juicy words in the book i read, "speak".
my first juicy word is Shiver which means to shake slightly and uncontrollably as a result of being cold, frightened, or excited.
I used it when i was watching a horror movie,i said to my friend "you're shivering with fear".

My second word is Coaxes which means to Persuade (someone) gradually or by flattery to do something.
I used that word when i was at the store with my mom.
"this lady coaxes people to buy this stuff".

My third word is Scowls=An angry or bad-tempered expression.
I used when i was talking to my friend on the phone, we were talking about someone we don't like and i said to her "i made scowls face when i saw her".

message 37: by Maraki (new)

Maraki | 5 comments Hello again! My new juicy words are:

VAGUE
not clearly or explicitly stated or expressed: His promises were vague.

WRY
abnormally bent or turned to one side; twisted; crooked: a wry mouth.

VACANT
having no contents; empty: void: a vacant niche
not in use: a vacant room
characterized by, showing, or proceeding from lack of thought or intelligence: a vacant answer; a vacant expression on a face.

Have a good day everyone!

message 38: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 23, 2012 01:43PM) (new)

Elizabeth | 4 comments hi every one . i found 3 very interesting juicy words .

the first-juicy word was LURK . it means to lie in wait, lie in ambush. i used this word when i was walking to my boyfriend car to go to school and saw a cat lurking around.

the second juicy word is RECRUIT. recruit means to Register formally as a participant or member. i used this word at a christian club when i said to my friends that i recruited some people to our club .

my third juicy word was Frenzied . Frenzied means wildly excited or enthusiastic. i used this word at school when i was Frenzied about getting a 100% on a test.

message 39: by Rickie (new)

Rickie Thelovelyvampgirl | 2 comments hey everyone, i found three juicy words in the book i'm reading.

the first one is delusional. it means having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions. i used this word when me and my little sister were having a conversation.

the second one is malicious. it means motivated by wrongful. i used this word in a text message

the last one is stubbornly. it means difficult to handle, treat, or overcome. i used this word in a sentence. i said, sometimes i can be stubbornly with my job search.

message 40: by Dominiquemck (new)

Dominiquemck | 2 comments My 3 Juicy words..

First word..Mundane meaning of or pertaining to this world of earth contrasted as heaven.

Second juicy word...Thwarted to oppose successfull prevent from accomplishing a purpose.

Last but not least Third juicy word is Giddy meaning attended with or causing dizziness.

message 41: by Maraki (new)

Maraki | 5 comments Hello my new 3 juicy words are:

CODEPENDENCE

of or pertaining to a relationship in which one person is physically or psychologically addicted, as to alcohol or gambling, and the other person is psychologically dependent on the first in an unhealthy way.

ACCUSATORY
containing or implying blame or strong criticism

TRANSGRESSION
1. a breach of a law, etc; sin or crime
2. the act or an instance of transgressing

Thank you and have a good day everyone!!!:)

message 42: by Elizabeth (last edited Mar 02, 2012 12:23PM) (new)

Elizabeth | 4 comments my 3 juicy words are
1-resurrect . it means the act of rising from the dead. i used this word when i was talking to my friend about how i want to resurrect my dad.

2-flushed. it means a sudden rise of emotion or excitement. i used this word while talking to my friends showing them my grade i got on a test.i felt flushed because i studyed really hard.

3- hermana it is a spanish word for sister. i used this word in a text.

message 43: by Suhani (new)

Suhani Shah | 4 comments My three juicy words arr from the book I am reading.
The first one is DROLL, which means to be amused or something that is funny. I used this word when I my friend was telling me some joke and I told her that was a droll joke.

My second word i picked was a BARRETTE which is a pin to hold your hair in place. I used this when my mom asked me to get her a rubberband for her but i told her you can just use a barrette instead to hold your hair.

My third word is MUMMIFIED which means to dry up then shrivel. I used this when I was telling my friend I still gotta shower and get mummified before I get ready.

- suhani

message 44: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay S | 2 comments Hello, my next 3 juicy words are:

My first word is inevitable. I found this word in the book I am reading. I used this word completely wrong, I just thought it sounded cool. I was telling my friend that their dream of marrying a celebrity was inevitable when I meant to tell them that it was never going to happen.

My second word is ridiculed. This too was found in my book. I used this when talking to my dad about one of my old coaches. I said, "All he liked to do was ridicule us, not compliment us." My dad didn't say anything about me using the word, which I was surprised about.

My third word is condolence. I found this word in my book as well. I used it at work when I was asked to write a nice note to a family that just lost a loved on. I said, "Our deepest condolences on the lost of your family member." My boss was pretty impressed but I played it off like it was no big deal.

message 45: by Brett (new)

Brett Synek | 7 comments Sup, my 3 juicy words are...

Dwindle. I found it in the book I am reading, "The Devil in the White City". I wasn't sure what it meant so I looked it up and found out it meant to diminish. I was talking to a friend when I said, "If you stop working out your chest its going to dwindle into nothing." His response was, "Heard that."

My second word is obstreperous. This too was in my book and its a mouthful! It means noisy or rough. I used it when people at practice were being loud, I said, "Your all being obstreperous!" They were all shocked how big of a word came out of my mouth.

My third word is shoddy. It caught my attention because it looked like what people say when they call the passenger seat in a car. But this is not that, it means poor quality or rundown. I used it when talking about a baseball glove, I said, "This glove is old and shoddy."

message 46: by Fmirou (new)

Fmirou | 3 comments hello0o :)

I found my three words in the book "along for the ride" my three words are

1) Plopping=sit or lie down clumsy

I used this word in an action when I walked into my house and I plopped on the sofa because I was so tired.

2) Superior=above the average in excellence, merit, intelligence

I felt superior when I passed my math class

3) Doily= A small Table or Napkin
I was shopping with my mother and I told her to buy a Doily for our dinning table.

message 47: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 4 comments My next 3 words are : Phenomenon, Usher, Whirred !

I found my 3 words in my book i was reading MockingJay...I used my first word Phenomenon when i was shopping with my sister and she tried on some clothes and i told her that she looked phenomenon on them.
My second word is Usher. I used this word when i texted my friend "that she need it to bring her ID to show it to the usher when we go to club".
My third word is Whirred. I used this word when i was talking with my brother and i told him that the lamp was whirred in the corner.

message 48: by Minyoung (new)

Minyoung | 5 comments Hi everyone! I found three juicy words in the blogs while I was surfing the internet.

The first word that I found is ghastly which means extremely rude. I used this word when I was watching woman in black, horror movie, with my friends, and I used this word.

The second word that I found is Glabrous which means smooth. I used this word after watching a movie with my friends, we went to get a smooth tea and I used this word to describe.

The last word that I found is facetious which means humorous. I used this word when I and my friends were drinking smooth, one of my friends talks really facetiously so I used this word to my friend.

message 49: by Brett (new)

Brett Synek | 7 comments My next 3 juicy words.

The first word I found, grillage, was in the book "Moneyball" by Michael Lewis. I used this word when talking at baseball when I said, "Our dugout sucks, look at this terrible grillage, this place is going to collapse." They responded, "English class word?"

The second word, preposterous, was also found in "Moneyball". When my friend told me something I didn't agree with instead of saying bullpoop I said, "Are you stupid, that's preposterous!" He said, "Big words don't make you sound smarter."

The last word, egregious, was also in "Moneyball". I used it when I was watching bad hits in football on youtube saying, "Some players are dirty, they throw egregious hits."

message 50: by Minyoung (new)

Minyoung | 5 comments Hi everyone! I found three juicy words in the book, catching fire.

The first word that I found is ‘assume’ which means suppose. I used this word when I was talking to my friend about the story of hunger game. Then I said I assumed that Katniss will win the hunger game.

The second word that I found is fate which can be also mean as ‘destiny’. I used this word after I saw a beautiful girl on a street and I fall in love. The word ‘fate’ just popped in my head.

The last word that I found is ‘alleviate’ which means make easier to endure. I used this word when my friend had a job interview and I bought him an energy drink and said this would alleviate your mind.