Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > 9780758242792

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Actual story for this book is 272 pages not the 282 listed (book ads consist of the rest). Please fix.

message 2: by Cloudedleopard (last edited Feb 15, 2012 06:18AM) (new)

Cloudedleopard | 139 comments I found several differing page number for this ISBN. Which edition is it?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

got it.

message 4: by Cloudedleopard (new)

Cloudedleopard | 139 comments There is also one paperback with 352 pages

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I switched the one from 282 to 272 -- it matches the ISBN Carol posted. Don't know about the other edition. You/I could look on Worldcat, I suppose.

message 6: by Cloudedleopard (new)

Cloudedleopard | 139 comments Worldcat says 282, a publisher in Germany says 352, all for the same ISBN, that's why I was asking...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

This ISBN : 9780758277824 (the other edition on GR) shows up as a 352 page ebook on a google search, from UK publishers. Worldcat doesn't show this ISBN. I'm assuming that Carol has the book with the 272 pages, so I corrected that one. I'm leaving the "824" number alone, for now, because I couldn't find it on the UK publisher's site in ebook form. This might be where the German publisher got their info, and they mixed the two together?

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) I have the book in hand direct from the publisher. I review for Kensington. 272 actual story and the last 10 pages are ads/previews for other Caroline Richards books.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Carol. Do you have any info on the ebook? The GR record lists Kensington as the publisher, but I couldn't find it on their website.

And the record for the book you have in hand lists Brava as the publisher. Should it read "Brava/Kensington" as it does in the Worldcat record? Might as well fix anything else that needs fixing.

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 24803 comments Brava is the imprint of Kensington, therefore it should be Brava.

message 11: by A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (last edited Feb 15, 2012 06:51AM) (new)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Brava is one of Kensington's imprints. The spine says Brava, so that should be fine. I have no info on the ebook. I asked a few months ago if reviewers would be able to get ebooks and was told they're working on it. I think most of the big publishing houses are a bit slow jumping on the ebook wagon.

Edit: inside it says: Brava Books are published by Kensington Publishing Corp. So it could be listed as either Brava or Brava/Kensington.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

A book in the hand trumps all. :)