Matthew Reilly Fan Club! discussion

Great author

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Greg (new)

Greg (swordsman4) | 1 comments Matthew Reilly is an awesome writer. I have all his books except Scarecrow returns and am about to buy that. I am currently rereading scarecrow after rereading Ice Station and Area 7.

message 2: by Belinda (new)

Belinda I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting him last night at a book signing. He is such a lovely person, so down-to-earth and so appreciative of my love of his books. I got insight into each of his books too. I've only read Ice Station (Shane Schofield, #1) by Matthew Reilly and Temple by Matthew Reilly but they are both on my favourites list, especially Temple. I am so excited to start reading the Jack West Jnr series, which I had signed by Matthew last night!

message 3: by Rob (new)

Rob Knight (75rknight) | 1 comments I absolutely loved "Contest". I've enjoyed everything he's done. Can anyone recommend something similar to "Contest"? Something along the lines of "Hunger Games", but without the teen angst and more of a Sci-fi flair?

message 4: by Roger (new)

Roger Weston | 6 comments I enjoyed Ice Station. Has he released anything lately?

message 5: by Belinda (new)

Belinda The Tournament came out just before Christmas. Looking forward to reading it.

message 6: by Roger (new)

Roger Weston | 6 comments Thanks for letting me know, Belinda. The Tournament looks interesting.
The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

message 7: by Theo82 (new)

Theo82 | 1 comments When is the jack west jr movies going to be made?

message 8: by Roger (new)

Roger Weston | 6 comments Hi Theo, I haven't heard about that. That would be great if they did turn those into movies.

message 9: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Apparently Disney was looking at turning Hover Car Racer into a movie too. Guess they've been put on the back burner...

message 10: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Troll Mountain: Episode 1
Troll Mountain: Episode 2
Troll Mountain: Episode 3

Due to be out in April. Should be interesting...

message 11: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Thomas | 1 comments Ice Station is one of my all time favorite books. Scarecrow is awesome! Area 7 was great too.

I am just now finally reading Temple. I am really liking Race. He is not your typical "hero" but I think that is what makes his character so appealing.

I haven't tried any of the other series yet, but I am adding books as fast as I can.

message 12: by Kim (new)

Kim Robertson | 1 comments Any idea when The Tournament will be available in Canada???

message 13: by Roger (new)

Roger Weston | 6 comments Has anyone read his latest book The Great Zoo of China? Interesting title. I'm not sure what to make of it.

message 14: by Sonam (new)

Sonam (bookiologist) | 4 comments Great zoo of China is amazing! It's Jurassic park on steroids!

message 15: by Sonam (new)

Sonam (bookiologist) | 4 comments Great zoo of China is amazing! It's Jurassic park on steroids!

message 16: by Roger (new)

Roger Weston | 6 comments Sonam wrote: "Great zoo of China is amazing! It's Jurassic park on steroids!"

Thanks, Sonam! I'll put it on my TBR list.

message 17: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Norman | 1 comments I have to agree - Great Zoo of China is a fantastic read!

I was lucky enough to meet Matthew Reilly at a book signing in London and he was kind enough to give me some great advice for my own book. "Always get the ending right in your head before you do anything else."

A true inspiration: Great guy! Great storyteller!

message 18: by Roger (new)

Roger Weston | 6 comments Samuel wrote: "I have to agree - Great Zoo of China is a fantastic read!

I was lucky enough to meet Matthew Reilly at a book signing in London and he was kind enough to give me some great advice for my own book..."

Great advice by Mr. Reilly. Thanks for sharing that.