The History Nerd discussion

Books That Should Be Made Into Movies

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie Sue (last edited Feb 15, 2012 05:28AM) (new)

Katie Sue (thehistorynerd) | 27 comments Mod
There are some really good books out there that should be made into movies. I really think there needs to be a movie about some of Henry VIII's other wives, such as Catherine Howard. I think a good book for that would be The King's Rose . What books do you all think?The King's Rose

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kcgidget0685) | 10 comments I agree, I would like to see more movies about Henry VIII's other wives. Maybe a movie about all 6. The Other Boleyn girl was a HUGE disappointment for me. I didn't like the cheesy accents, and the movie just wasn't written well in my opinion, not enough detail for me.

I would also like to see a movie about Charles II of England's reign. Maybe something along the lines of Dark Angels by Karleen Koen.

message 3: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (plantgirl) I agree about The Other Boleyn Girl. It could have been such a better movie than it was.

I'd like to see a remake of The Name of the Rose. The book is fantastic but the movie they did (in what, the 1980s I think) was horrible and cut out about 90% of the book.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 12 comments The First Man in Rome, by Colleen McCullough - but it'd have to be a series!

message 5: by Katie Sue (new)

Katie Sue (thehistorynerd) | 27 comments Mod
I also sometimes wish movies had been books first (i.e. Pirates of the Caribbean series and Anonymous). Sometimes I find myself acting even nerdier than I think I am!!!!