What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Young adult book about a girl with supernatural abilities

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ebonny (last edited Feb 15, 2012 03:48AM) (new)

Ebonny (paranormalbabydoll) I have been trying to remember the name of a book I read when I was about 15 years old, 10 years ago now. I borrowed it from the library and I don't believe it was a new release. I assume the book is of young adult fiction genre and I cannot remember if it was a series or an individual book but I feel more confident of the latter.

The plot was about a girl that lived in a mansion type house on a cliff side. She starts to see a boy/man appear before her at night and tell her that she is special and also possibly that he loves her. This is all leading up to her 16th birthday that apparently will trigger her abilities. I remember the girl falling for the boy/man and then starting to question what he was asking her to do. She may have done things to hurt her family/other people. I also recall her being worried about her sister when she would turn 16 and he would also appear before her. There may also have been a cemetary on the grounds of the house that lead the girl to see that she was not the only girl who lived in the house and died around the age of 16. It may also have involved her family, every girl in the families generations that turned 16 would see this boy/man. I remember something about a necklace that she may have worn to protect herself against him or he may have given her the necklace. She possibly was warned about him and her mother was worried about when she would turn 16 because she knew he would appear to her like he did to her and still does now.

I cannot recall any other details at this point except that the names of the characters may not have been very mainstream.

I appreciate any help in solving this book title. I have been trying to remember for a few years now.

message 2: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (dandelion_cottage) | 22 comments Could it be LOOK FOR ME BY MOONLIGHT by Mary Downing Hahn?

When sixteen-year-old Cynda goes to stay with her father and his second wife, Susan, at their remote bed-and-breakfast inn in Maine, everything starts off well despite legends about ghosts and a murder at the inn. But Cynda feels like a visitor in Dad's new life, an outsider. Then intense, handsome stranger Vincent Morthanos arrives at the inn and seems to return Cynda's interest. At first she is blind to the subtle, insistent signs that Vincent is not what he seems-that he is, in fact, a vampire. Can Cynda free herself-and her family-from Vincent's power before it's too late?

message 3: by Ebonny (new)

Ebonny (paranormalbabydoll) Unfortunately no this isn't the book I am looking for. However it does sound like a good book! Thanks anyway.

message 4: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Dec 21, 2012 09:46AM) (new)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments I so want to read this it sounds awesome. You wouldnt remember anything else?

It did remind me a little bit of Immortal

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37540 comments Mod
Ebonny, are you still looking for this book?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37540 comments Mod
Ebonny has left the group. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Immortal (other topics)