Shut Up & Read discussion

Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 18} Survival & Resurrection by A.M. Hargrove

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Apr 03, 2012 05:48PM) (new)

Sheri | 12206 comments Mod
Survival (The Guardians of Vesturon, #1) by A.M. Hargrove Resurrection (The Guardians of Vesturon, #2) by A.M. Hargrove A.M. Hargrove

Survival Synopsis:
"Maybe I was caught between the two worlds. I was having serious trouble distinguishing fantasy from reality."

While on a backpacking trip in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, nineteen-year-old Maddie Pearce finds her world has been thrown into a vortex and is madly spinning toward the impossible. Abducted by a mad psychopath, Maddie narrowly escapes with her life. But that is only the beginning. Her mysterious rescuer introduces her to a world that Maddie has difficulty accepting as reality. Will this strikingly gorgeous stranger be the key to her future or will she return to her mundane world, scarred from her experience? Follow Maddie as she is forced to make difficult decisions that carry her to mysterious places.

Resurrection Synopsis:
"Maddie knew she was dying. Her life started to flash before her. She had visions of running down the soccer field, scoring a goal, eating her mother’s yummy, homemade, sticky cinnamon rolls, standing in her foyer listening to the police tell her father that her mother had been killed in a car accident. Each vision was disturbingly clear—as if it was happening again."

Rayn Yarrister, the first-born son and Leader of The Guardians, has been imprisoned on Vesturon for breaking their most sacred of covenants. He is suddenly jolted by Maddie's telepathic pleas for help, as her life hangs in the balance. Can he alert The Guardians in time to save his soulmate? Or will he face his trial alone and broken without his one true love?

In Resurrection (Book 2), The Guardians of Vesturon are facing their biggest challenges as Earth is threatened by an invading species from a distant planet intent on destroying it for its resources. The Guardians, as protectors of the universe, have been assembled to defend not only Earth, but other vulnerable worlds as well. The Yarrister family is threatened by an unknown entity intent on discrediting them. Will they uncover this plot in time to save themselves from ruin? Will The Guardians succeed in stopping the Xanthians, or will Earth be invaded and ravaged by this marauding species?

**NOTE **
You are signing up to receive a FREE copy of Survival, book 1. After you read and cross-post your review of Survival (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, etc.) you will receive the second book, Resurrection, free to review also!

Due date for Survival: February 29
Due date for Resurrection: March 14

The availability of this e-book is unlimited!!!

Sign up to let us know you are reviewing, and then follow the link below to download your FREE copy of Survival!
Smashwords.com

Cassandra - CassMartino@gmail.com - extension
Mallory - Archie.Standwood.Author@gmail.com
Michelle - sakura_chan87@hotmail.com
Linda - marfootball24@aol.com
Laurie - laurie@ufreview.com
Lily - lily_ferreira@yahoo.com
Jamie -
Wendy - wendynjason04@yahoo.com
Jodie - extension
Nawnee - Savageelements@yahoo.com
Aimee - aimeecollier@hotmail.com
Stacey - Staceymarie08@gmail.com
Delilah - 2ndspyder@gmail.com
Ciara - cjmama823@gmail.com
Laura - laurathomas61@att.net
Bonita - smitbonita@gmail.com
Autumn - maximum.ride211@gmail.com
Leanne - leannessf@gmail.com
Tiffani - extension
Donna - extension
Sam - sam_I_asl@yahoo.com
Erin - Erin.Capo@gmail.com
Tuba - maryam_tuba@yahoo.com - extension
Yeexien - l.yx@live.com.sg
Teresa - PieLover41@gmail.com
Holly - hsfullman@verizon.net
Cheryl - cheryl.maiorca@gmail.com
Elizabeth - readingwritingmamaby3@live.com
Gabriela - jncracine@yahoo.com
Sarah
Nancy - Nancy-kindredorange@yahoo.com
C.S. - cswinfield1104@gmail.com
Sannie - sanniehald@gmail.com
Noemi - alelynh@gmail.com
Joanne - joannepark99@gmail.com
Sarah - stbryant0816@yahoo.com
Lissa - lissasmith@windstream.net

Gabriela - jncracine@yahoo.com
Laura - laurathomas61@att.net
Mallory - Archie.Standwood.Author@gmail.com
Nawnee - Savageelements@yahoo.com
Erin - Erin.Capo@gmail.com
Wendy - wendynjason04@yahoo.com
Ciara - cjmama823@gmail.com
Michelle - sakura_chan87@hotmail.com
Leanne - leannessf@gmail.com
Lissa - lissasmith@windstream.net
Jodie -
Cassandra - CassMartino@gmail.com
Elizabeth - readingwritingmamaby3@live.com

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (cassmarie) | 32 comments Ooh meeeee!!
CassMartino@gmail.com

Eldritch Reading Reindeer 2021 In Cobwebs  (readingreindeerproximacentauri) | 149 comments Yes, both, please, thank you! (I know, Book 1 first LOL)

Mallory Anne-Marie Forbes
Archie.Standwood.Author@gmail.com

Bookish Michelle (bookishmichelle) | 19 comments I'm in too! sakura_chan87@hotmail.com

message 5: by A.M. (last edited Feb 15, 2012 06:36AM) (new)

A.M. Hargrove (amhargrove1) | 5 comments I'm so excited to be participating in this RI&R! I hope everyone that participates has an enjoyable journey with Maddie and Rayn :D

Annie

message 6: by Linda (last edited Feb 15, 2012 06:38AM) (new)

Linda Ramos (lindaramos) | 1 comments I'm in! Linda
marfootball24@aol.com

Laurie: Almost Faemous (laurie-almostfaemous) | 40 comments I'm in too laurie@ufreview.com

message 8: by Lily (new)

Lily | 180 comments I'm in also!
lily_ferreira@yahoo.com

message 9: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Thank you A.M. for offering your books for review :)

message 10: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Remember you won't be getting an e-mail for the first book. You can download it free here:
Smashwords.com

After you've reviewed Survival, we will send you a link for the second book.

message 11: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
I really can't wait to read this book. I might start it tomorrow with you guys :)

message 12: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Feb 15, 2012 07:35AM) (new)

Here's my review of Survival!
Sheri's Reviews

I can't wait to read Resurrection to find out what happens!!

message 13: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Dubois | 20 comments i'm in :)

thank you!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

wendynjason04@yahoo.com

message 15: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 61 comments I'm in!

message 16: by Nawnee (new)

Nawnee (nawnees) | 82 comments I downloaded it Savageelements@yahoo.com this one sounds interesting too.

message 17: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Collier Sign Me Up: aimeecollier@hotmail.com

message 18: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Johnson (maroon5guh) | 22 comments Staceymarie08@gmail.com
Sounds super good.

message 19: by Delilah (new)

Delilah (delilahdraken) | 157 comments Count me in.

2ndspyder(at)gmail.com

message 20: by Ciara (new)

Ciara (cjmama823) Very intrigued....I'm in

message 21: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

I have everyone up to here :)

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 565 comments I hope I'm not too late.

laurathomas61@att.net

message 23: by Lily (new)

Lily | 180 comments Hi guys,
Sorry for the newbie question but I noted that there is an instruction to crosspost. Does this mean I would be posting my review on these other websites in addition to Goodreads, and indicate the address for all posts to verify? How does that work?

message 24: by The Bibliophile (new)

The Bibliophile | 22 comments Hi, please sign me up.
smitbonita@gmail.com

message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) | 565 comments Lily wrote: "Hi guys,
Sorry for the newbie question but I noted that there is an instruction to crosspost. Does this mean I would be posting my review on these other websites in addition to Goodreads, and indi..."

Glad you asked Lily. I was wondering also. Never posted at B&N

message 26: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

@Lily, we would like you to post your reviews in as many places possible (Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, ect.). The more places the reviews are posted the more it helps the author :)

We know that some people can't post reviews everywhere, and that's fine. Post it to Goodreads for sure and let us know where else you could post it. You don't need to copy the URLs from every page; we'll take your word for it :)

To post on Amazon you had to have purchased something from them in the past. To post to Smashwords you have to have downloaded the book you're reviewing from them. B&N doesn't have any requirements, you just have to have an account, which is free.

message 27: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Feb 15, 2012 11:45AM) (new)

To post your GR review here, just copy the URL from the page you wrote your review in and paste it in this thread...here's mine:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Hope that helps!!

message 28: by Donna (new)

Donna (adje8795) | 21 comments I already have Survival - and I haven't posted a review yet - haven't quite finished the book. Please accept my apologies and I will finish it and post and cross-post the review. I would love to read Resurrection... so, may I please get in on this one?

message 29: by Avery (new)

Avery Engstrom (plantkid) I would love a copy!! maximum.ride211@gmail.com

message 30: by Lily (new)

Lily | 180 comments Sheri wrote: "@Lily, we would like you to post your reviews in as many places possible"

Thanks Sheri, your info is very helpful!

message 31: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Lily wrote: "Sheri wrote: "@Lily, we would like you to post your reviews in as many places possible"

Thanks Sheri, your info is very helpful!"

Your welcome :)

message 32: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Donna wrote: "...so, may I please get in on this one?"

No problem :)

message 33: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (leannessf) | 44 comments Wow! This sounds great! Please sign me up, leannessf@gmail.com. Is it OK that I am also reading and reviewing When Copper Suns Fall and Five at the same time?

Thanks!
Leanne

message 34: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (leannessf) | 44 comments Oops! Just downloaded Survival and will start on right away! I should be able to get a review up by next week!

Thanks!
Leanne

message 35: by Donna (new)

Donna (adje8795) | 21 comments Sheri wrote: "Donna wrote: "...so, may I please get in on this one?"

No problem :)"

Thank you! I already have Survival, so no need to send a link or coupon. I will post as soon as I can in as many places as I can....

message 36: by Sam (new)

Sam (thegoodstuff) | 5 comments sam_I_asl@yahoo.com

message 37: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Leanne wrote: "Wow! This sounds great! Please sign me up, leannessf@gmail.com. Is it OK that I am also reading and reviewing When Copper Suns Fall and Five at the same time? "

No problem as long as you can get the reviews in on time :)

message 38: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

I think I got everyone on the list!

Remember you won't be getting an e-mail for the first book. You can download it free here:
Smashwords.com

After you've reviewed Survival, we will send you a link for the second book.

message 39: by Erin (new)

Erin (erincapobianco) | 64 comments Erin.Capo@gmail.com

Thanks

message 40: by Tuba (new)

Tuba | 9 comments maryam_tuba@yahoo.com

message 41: by yeexien (new)

yeexien Lim | 1 comments i hope im not too late! l.yx@live.com.sg Thanks

message 42: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (rainbowlover) | 45 comments Pielover41@gmail.com!!!!!!!!1 YAY UNLIMITED BEST IDEA EVER!!

message 43: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (rainbowlover) | 45 comments YES UNLIMITED!!!! PieLover41@gmail.com! LOVE THIS GROUP!!!

message 44: by Holly (new)

Holly (booksandbeach) I'm in!!!! hsfullman@verizon.net

message 45: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cymaiorca) I would love to join in. cheryl.maiorca@gmail.com

message 46: by Lizze (new)

Lizze Gorski | 26 comments I'd love to join in if there's a spot still available. readingwritingmamaby3@live.com

message 47: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela Thank you! I just downloaded Survival.

jncracine@yahoo.com for the other book please.

message 48: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Feb 16, 2012 08:38PM) (new)

Thanks everyone! I added you to the list!

As soon as you post your review of Survival, we will email you with the download instructions and code for Resurrection!!

You can download Survival free here:
Smashwords.com

message 49: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 10 comments Meeeee!! Nancy-kindredorange@yahoo.com

message 50: by Wei (new)

Wei Cho (lunexian) When you mention that this copy is unlimited... that means that I can come and sign up to this review later on? Because I have two books from this activity on my hands..I'm about to turn one review in.

« previous 1 3