Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Book Swap

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Feb 14, 2012 08:42PM) (new)

Sheri | 12209 comments Mod
Here is something new we're going to try. It's going to be trial and error at first, so bear with us!!

Have a book you don't want anymore? Looking for something new to read? Try swapping with other group members!

We're going to try to keep this simple, but here are some Basic Rules to follow:
1. List the books you want to swap, condition of the book (preferably good to like new), and what countries you will ship to.

2. Sender pays shipping.

3. You can choose to swap with whomever you want. You can swap a book for a book with one person, or just send someone your book and choose a different person's book in return.

4. The mods will be keeping an eye on this, but we are not moderating it per se. Swap details need to be worked out one to one.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for this!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good. I would say too that if you are looking for a book, let us know as well. If it is long since read and dusty on my shelf I would send it if it is requested, but I might not list it for sell automatically.

message 3: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Good idea Marisol!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you. Just want to help as much as possible :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

* I will ship internationally for one book more than that its US only*

**all books are in good condition or better. I can send a pic if interested**

Shannon Drake:
NO OTHER MAN
SEIZE THE DAWN
DEAD BY DUSK
THE AWAKENING
COME THE MORNING
REALM OF SHADOWS

Keri Arthur:
KISSING SIN
DANGEROUS GAMES
THE DARKEST KISS
DEADLY DESIRE

Jade Lee:
WHITE TIGRESS
HUNGRY TIGRESS
DEVIL'S BARGAIN

Sherrilyn Kenyon:
NIGHT PLAY
SINS OF THE NIGHT

Patricia Briggs:
BONE CROSSED

Gena Showalter:
ON THE HUNT

Christina Dodd:
ALMOST LIKE BEING IN LOVE

Mary Janice Davidson:
VALENTINE'S DAY IS KILLING ME
REALLY UNUSUAL BAD BOYS

Rachel Vincent:
ROGUE

Maggie Shayne:
BLOODLINE
DARKER THAN MIDNIGHT

Stephen King:
DUMA KEY *like new*

James Patterson:
SCHOOLS OUT FOREVER
2ND CHANCE
7TH HEAVEN
THE THOMAS BERRYMAN NUMBER
BEACH ROAD

Lisa Jackson:
SORCERESS *like new*

Meagan Hatfield:
SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE

Donna Lea Simpson:
AWAITING THE FIRE

Heather Graham:
SNOWY NIGHTS

message 6: by Tawna (new)

Tawna | 479 comments Wendy, I would be super interested in getting Stephen King's Duma Key from you! I will have to go through my books when I get home and msg you what I have available for swap. Darn work...getting in the way of my book swapping!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats great Just let me Know ;D

message 8: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) I created a shelf with books I would be up for swapping. I'm still editing things in, but there's a good 50, so if anyone wants to take a look .../shrug
Also, I got this idea that I would make a loanable shelf too for people with Kindles. I have no one to share my kindle purchases with, so my one free loan often goes unused (on the books that have it).
So I made that shelf up too.
z-swappable and z-loanable. My shelves are public.

message 9: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Good idea Alyssia :) I'm going to make a separate thread for Kindle and Nook books.

message 10: by Lys (new)

Lys (lysrowan) Sheri wrote: "Good idea Alyssia :) I'm going to make a separate thread for Kindle and Nook books."

Thanks. I am trying to sort through and be all organized. It's one of my goals for this summer. =D

message 11: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 372 comments THIS IS GREAT!!! I have been known to occassionaly forget what i have at home and come to find out after i purchase it that i already have it. Ops, so i have several 20+ that are bran new that i am willing to trade. Yay! got to get home and start the list will post later....darn work getting in my way of book swaping as well!!!

message 12: by Ymarteeny (new)

Ymarteeny | 11 comments Feel free to look at my shelf labelled "swappable". I do not have too many on there now, but have about 20 books in the queue to add!

message 13: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Butcher (alb2012) | 240 comments I will have to have a look, I am sure I have a few. Probably UK only but I might be willing to ship elsewhere, I will have to look up costs.

message 14: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 280 comments I have a few that I would be willing to swap. I'll look. Shipping to the US definitely but I'm not about other countries I'll have to check

message 15: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 280 comments I've made a shelf labeled "Swappable" feel free to check it out and message me if you're interested! :)

message 16: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 280 comments OH I almost forgot, if you're interested in either Above of The Maze Runner READ THIS!!!! Above is a book I got before it was released so at the top on the cover it says, "uncorrected proof- not for sale" and it has a few informational pages at the front and back. Just so you know. As for The Maze Runner it is a little beat up and says "Conway" on the outside edges in sharpie. My John Grisham is a little rough but not much.