Australian Women Writers Challenge discussion

Archives > Author Event: Helene Young and Lisa Heidke @ Taree NSW

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 694 comments Mod
Helene Young and Lisa Heidke will be speaking and signing at Taree Library (lower north coast, NSW) on March 8th from 6pm to 7.30 pm.

Phone to secure your place.

Here is the library website page
http://www.gtcc.nsw.gov.au/Page/Page....
and Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Greater...

message 2: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Ooooh!! I'm so excited...I'm going:)

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Darcas | 5 comments Oh, to get together with you two (Helene and Lisa) and have a nice drink! Keep up the great work! xx C

message 4: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Christine wrote: "Oh, to get together with you two (Helene and Lisa) and have a nice drink! Keep up the great work! xx C"

I've got 2 hours to go, but I guess coming from Melbourne would be just a little too far...;D

message 5: by Helene (new)

Helene Young (heleneyoung) | 24 comments I'm coming from Cairns to meet you all so Melbourne's just down the road, relatively speaking:)

No, just kidding, but I will be talking at the Kingston Library in Melbourne some time late July early August! Maybe we can convince Lisa to join me there!

message 6: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Oh Helene, that will be after the release of Burning Lies won't it? Lucky Melbourne!! I'm looking forward to meeting you and Lisa in Taree:)

message 7: by Christine (new)

Christine Darcas | 5 comments Brenda wrote: "Christine wrote: "Oh, to get together with you two (Helene and Lisa) and have a nice drink! Keep up the great work! xx C"

I've got 2 hours to go, but I guess coming from Melbourne would be just a ..."

Enjoy it, Brenda!

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine Darcas | 5 comments Helene wrote: "I'm coming from Cairns to meet you all so Melbourne's just down the road, relatively speaking:)

No, just kidding, but I will be talking at the Kingston Library in Melbourne some time late July ea..."

Please call before you come down so that we can arrange a coffee. :)

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Christine wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Christine wrote: "Oh, to get together with you two (Helene and Lisa) and have a nice drink! Keep up the great work! xx C"

I've got 2 hours to go, but I guess coming from Melbourne w..."

I'm sure I will Christine:)

message 10: by Helene (last edited Feb 17, 2012 08:37PM) (new)

Helene Young (heleneyoung) | 24 comments Christine wrote: "Helene wrote: "I'm coming from Cairns to meet you all so Melbourne's just down the road, relatively speaking:)

No, just kidding, but I will be talking at the Kingston Library in Melbourne some ti..."

I'll make sure I do, Christine!

message 11: by Brenda (new)

Brenda The amazing and wonderful authors

Helene Young

Photobucket

and Lisa Heidke

Photobucket

with Shelleyrae from Book'd Out, who organised this event at the Taree Library on International Women's Day last night

Photobucket

and myself, who was lucky enough to spend a few hours with them all, having loads of fun with lots of laughter between us all. It was an amazing night, and I thank once again, Shelleyrae, for organising such a great event, and the two wonderful authors for giving us their time and company!

Photobucket

message 12: by Helene (new)

Helene Young (heleneyoung) | 24 comments Thank you for coming all that way to spend time with us, Brenda! And thanks to Shelleyrae and the Taree librarians Danielle, Margie and Cheryl for organizing such a wonderful event!! Nikki from Manning Vale Books was fabulous too! Add in a great audience and it all made for a fun night!!

message 13: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Shelleyrae and the librarians did a brilliant job, didn't they Helene! All in all it was a very memorable evening:)

message 14: by Shelleyrae (new)

It was truly awesome - so good in fact I have been in bed all day trying to recover LOL!

message 15: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Oh dear, I hope you're ok Shelleyrae? Lots more reading done while recovering;D

message 16: by Shelleyrae (new)

LOL the excitement was too much for me, woke up with a migraine :(

Do you have some photos from dinner you could send me Brenda, with all of us?

message 17: by Brenda (new)

Brenda That's no good...migranes are bad!! Yes I do Shelleyrae, how would you like me to send them to you?

message 18: by Helene (new)

Helene Young (heleneyoung) | 24 comments Oh Shelleyrae, I'm so sorry to hear you woke up with a migraine... Hope it's cleared up now.

And Brenda, if you have a good photo of the group could you please send it to me too?? The one I have is quite blurred....

message 19: by Brenda (new)

Brenda I just sent the same two photos to you both:) One is a little blurry, the other one is quite good...a shame a couple of people were missing out of the shot though!

message 20: by Helene (new)

Helene Young (heleneyoung) | 24 comments Thanks, Brenda, they are much better than mine!!

message 21: by Brenda (new)

Brenda We'll all just have to get together again for more photos;D

message 22: by Shelleyrae (new)

I asked Danielle to send me hers so hopefuly she will have something :)

message 23: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Were hers good Shelleyrae?

message 24: by Shelleyrae (new)

Haven't heard back yet Brenda though there are a couple on the Taree Library Facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Greater...

Hopefully she will have a few from dinner. Here is my post about the night:
http://bookdout.wordpress.com/2012/03...

message 25: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Thanks Shelleyrae, just checked out the facebook pics, will head over to you site now!!

message 26: by Helene (new)

Helene Young (heleneyoung) | 24 comments Shelleyrae, I hope you don't mind but I shared your individual photos of Lisa and myself with the Australian Romance Readers Association. They were looking for an article on the evening - which I've written - but your photos were better than mine...

Thanks again!