The Hobbit The Hobbit discussion

The Hobbit Movie 2012

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wood So what do you guys think of Martin Freeman as the new Bilbo Baggins? Thoughts??

Plus, some of the old cast is coming back!!! Exciting right?! Who's stoked?

Trekscribbler Meh. I don't much get excited about casting news these days. I really need to see the actor at work in his craft. Do I think he's a good choice? Sure. Is he gonna totally rock the role? Hard to say b/c I'm not entirely certain THE HOBBIT will be as revelatory as THE LORD OF THE RINGS. There's just so much more story with LOTR than there is in THE HOBBIT.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wood Ya I agree with you on the fact that LOTR has way more in it than THE HOBBIT. No matter what, I'm pretty sure LOTR will be the favorite of the two haha

Trekscribbler Hold out hope, Lauren, that Peter Jackson can do something grand with THE HOBBIT. I'm excited to return to Middle-Earth; I just am not all that certain there's enough meat on THE HOBBIT's bones for something like LOTR.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wood Its Peter Jackson!!! He'll find a way...And even if there isn't enough in the movie, the Smaug scene and lthe scenes with the trolls should be epic

Micaela I can't wait for the movie to come out I hope that it is alomost as good as the book personally I like The Hobbit more than LotR.

Trekscribbler Lauren wrote: "Its Peter Jackson!!! He'll find a way...And even if there isn't enough in the movie, the Smaug scene and lthe scenes with the trolls should be epic"
Let's hope so! I think THE HOBBIT is definitely in good hands!

Trekscribbler Micaela wrote: "I can't wait for the movie to come out I hope that it is alomost as good as the book personally I like The Hobbit more than LotR."

Really? Don't get me wrong: I love THE HOBBIT, but I just find it a much different type of story. More happens in LOTR, which is why I prefer most of it over THE HOBBIT.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the Hobbit will have as much, if not more (we can only hope), than LOTR. It may not contain as much, but it does balance out in that area for the other issues residing in the book. Such as the greed of the dragon, and, if we look at it finely enough, the dwarves. I enjoy how the book hinted at the beginning of Sauron and the rising of Mordor. I also enjoyed how we finally understand how the ring came to Bilbo (although I would have preferred it to be more complex). I believe that it may not have the same ring to it that the LOTR movies did, but it will balance out in other areas.

message 10: by Sean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sean Mccarthy I am really looking forward to seeing how well they do with Smaug, should be some great CG!

message 11: by Micaela (last edited Sep 27, 2012 04:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Micaela But we wont most likey see Smaug for at least two years cuz its three parts:(