Green Group discussion

Psychology for a Better World: Strategies to Inspire Sustainability
This topic is about Psychology for a Better World
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
How To Make A Difference ? > Free e-book - psychology for a better world

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy | 10 comments Hi
I want to recommend a free e-book that I've been reading. It's written by a psychology academic and so far I've been really enjoying it. It's all about the latest advances in psychology and they can be used to help shape a more sustainable world. You can download the ebook free here. There is also a hardcopy and kindle version available.

Here's the blurb:
Psychology for a Better World is for people who believe it is worth trying to make a world in which both our species and the ecological systems we are part of can flourish. Based on the latest research in psychology [it's] jam packed with action strategies.
It offers new ways to think about how people interact in social settings, why we are tempted to stick with what we know, and how the same characteristics that currently keep us hooked into unsustainable practices can be used to move us forward. The final chapter is a guide to help you analyse what you are doing to contribute towards a better world, and how you can be more effective while simultaneously increasing your personal wellbeing.

message 2: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam (ecowitch) | 86 comments Have finally got around to reading this and I was actually quite impressed with it. I did find all the background experiments and psychology details a bit much but her ideas and ways of portraying things was really good and surprisingly readable. Certainly worth reading, especially if you work in a field that requires involving people who don't necessarily have the same take on green issues.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.