Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > grimm anyone?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sheri (new)

Sheri I love this show!!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I really like this show! It is darker and more gory than Once Upon a Time but I still really like it. I love the were guy, I can never remember his name but I think he is hilarious!

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments I'm loving it too.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Okay, I had to look it up, his name is Monroe.

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (wckdktty) | 13 comments Awesome series. I am a big fan.

message 6: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 65 comments Me too. The were guy is definitely my favorite character. I missed it last week though. :(

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments Monroe makes the show for me. He gets all the best lines, and their bromance is adorable!

message 8: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Rush (jaime_rush) | 122 comments I like that the wereguy *should* be an enemy but ends up helping. Bromance??? MM, I must have missed something, LOL

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments She just means their guy friendship Jaime. ;)

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) I love the beginning episodes where the two of them had just met and were learning to trust each other. The cop keeps saying, "I owe you one", and the bludenbad keeps telling him, "You owe me like six." Lol. It is a fun relationship.

message 11: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 65 comments I agree. The chemistry between those 2 is fawesome!

message 12: by Harlequin Books (new)

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 57 comments I love this show! I DVR it every week so I don't miss a show.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments The spider one was so creepy! Loved it!

message 14: by Lourdes (new)

Lourdes Castillo (lourdesc55) | 10 comments Have you guys read the book The Grimm Curse by Stephan Carpenter! The show is loosely based on his book, he is also either a writer on the show or creator, not sure what his role is but he is part of the show. although the book is based on Grimm being a teen not a cop. But it's a short good read and kind of cool to know where the show kind of came from. Great show.

message 15: by Faye (new)

Faye (fayegreen) | 7 comments I would have prefered if Nick wasnt already in a relatonship so we could see the relationship develop

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments It does make me wonder what they are going to do with their relationship. She is bound to figure it out. She is already suspicious and knows that something is up.

Plus, she has been in danger now numerous times. Nick isn't going to be able to keep the charade up for much longer.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I love this show, Monroe is by far my favorite character!

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Lakyah wrote: "I would have prefered if Nick wasnt already in a relatonship so we could see the relationship develop"

I agree! I love to watch romances develop. I would like to see that story line get more attention.

message 19: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Rush (jaime_rush) | 122 comments Mlpmom wrote: "She just means their guy friendship Jaime. ;)"

LOL, I figured that. I've watched a few episodes so far and have DVR'd all but the first. Which I missed. Argh.

Totally agree, Lakyah, I was thinking the same thing: it'd be nice to have seen Nick and his girl meet. It's the romantics in us, right? But I did think she knew about his Grimmness.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I am sad that there haven't been any new episodes lately!

I hope it comes back on soon, or was that the season finale?

I was wondering about this the other night, it always shows how Nick knows someone is a creature but how do they all know he is a Grimm? Is it the way he smells or does he look different to them too?

Has anyone ever thought about it?

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I always thought it was because he reacts or kind of acknowledges that he notices when they change shape...

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I guess that could be it but I wonder if there is more maybe? You could be right though, it could just be that simple Jennifer. :)

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I would love to have a definitive answer so I don't have to keep making up things!

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Mlpmom wrote: "I am sad that there haven't been any new episodes lately!

I was wondering about this the other night, it always shows how Nick knows ..."

I figured that because he could see *them*, they could see him. Maybe he looks different to them, too.

message 25: by Julie (new)

Julie | 51 comments I love this show as well. I think there's supposed to be a new episode on tonight. Yay!

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (mrslaurenberry) Love this show!

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments Michelle L. wrote: "Mlpmom wrote: "I am sad that there haven't been any new episodes lately!

I was wondering about this the other night, it always shows ..."

If that's the case then I would LOVE to know how he looks to them! Or maybe he has a distinctive smell that only they can detect?

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I was thinking about smell too, that could be. I don't know, it never has really said. I feel like there is a lot unsaid like who the heck is the captain? He has to be someone high up but it has never said and never showed what in the world he is.

I can't even tell if he is good or bad. Sometimes he appears to be both.

message 29: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinbourke) | 13 comments You know I started watching this show when it first came on. I REALLY liked it! I got to watch about 4 episodes, then they apparently changed the time and day it came on. I couldn't find it and assumed it got canceled. :( So, the other day I'm on CTV website to watch Once Upon a Time and I see it! WTF?! Grrr...so now I'm trying to play catch-up. GREAT show.

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Robin wrote: "You know I started watching this show when it first came on. I REALLY liked it! I got to watch about 4 episodes, then they apparently changed the time and day it came on. I couldn't find it and ..."

It's nice to have good shows to catch up on, though. Especially when everything right now seems to be a rerun!!

message 31: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinbourke) | 13 comments Michelle L. wrote: "Robin wrote: "You know I started watching this show when it first came on. I REALLY liked it! I got to watch about 4 episodes, then they apparently changed the time and day it came on. I couldn'..."

Haha...this is true! :)

message 32: by Silvia (new)

Silvia I love this show! It's the only one I DVR and watch religiously every week.

message 33: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Rush (jaime_rush) | 122 comments Robin wrote: "You know I started watching this show when it first came on. I REALLY liked it! I got to watch about 4 episodes, then they apparently changed the time and day it came on. I couldn't find it and ..."

That same thing happened to me with Supernatural! I was so mad.

And speaking of, what brainiac decided to put Grimm in the same time slot as Supernatural?

I too figured the creature people know he's a Grimm because he reacts to them. I'm a few shows behind.

message 34: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyjcohen) | 74 comments I really like this show and can't wait for our hero to tell his girlfriend about his abilities. I don't understand where the show is going with his detective partner being spellbound to the witch woman or who the captain really is.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I think his girlfriend can take the truth, she already knows something is going on and really he is going to have to tell her or break up with her.

With his partner, I don't know. I still haven't figured out what the captain wants with Nick. I still can't tell if he is good, bad, somewhere in between. I don't know.

I love the episodes though, they just keep getting better and better!

I like that Monroe has met someone, well sort of. Can the different species mix?

message 36: by Abby (new)

Abby  | 353 comments I just finished watching the latest episode... She said NO... I wish he'd just tell her already! Although something tells me she might run away screaming... I hope not but I have a feeling she might...

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Oh no!

I haven't watched the latest episode, that is sad to hear. :( I will have to watch it tonight. ;)

message 38: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Abby wrote: "I just finished watching the latest episode... She said NO... I wish he'd just tell her already! Although something tells me she might run away screaming... I hope not but I have a feeling she migh..."

I wasn't surprised by (view spoiler)

Btw...the TV said that there would be six consecutive news episodes in a row. Does that mean the *series* will end, or only the season?

(Please say the season and not the series!!)

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I would think just the season.

message 40: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Mlpmom wrote: "I would think just the season."

I certainly hope so!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Me too!

message 42: by Anagha Uppal (last edited Apr 14, 2012 07:23PM) (new)

Anagha Uppal | 1 comments I adore Grimm! Since Once Upon a Time has evolved into a more drama than action, I like Grimm much more. I so hope Nick and his girlfriend break up, she's kind of boring IMO and I feel like he needs to meet someone who would understand him.

message 43: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Anagha wrote: "I adore Grimm! Since Once Upon a Time has evolved into a more drama than action, I like Grimm much more. I so hope Nick and his girlfriend break up, she's kind of boring IMO and I feel like he need..."

Yeah, I've never been happy with his gf, either. She's kind of blah. I do love the relationships that's been building between Monroe and the woman who runs the store. They would make a cute couple!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I agree and it is so obvious they both have feelings for one another!

That is why I was asking earlier if they could actually be together since they are different..species? I don't know what you call them LOL!

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Mlpmom wrote: "That is why I was asking earlier if they could actually be together since they are different..species? I don't know what you call them LOL! "

I was wondering that exact same thing last night! I was watching an older episode (the one with the dj cat at the rave), and the boy's dad was not a creature, but the boy was. I kept wondering how that genetic system worked. (Probably the boy's mother was a rat creature, too, but who knows...)

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I paid attention to the commercials last night (usually we tivo everything so I don't watch them) and Michelle it did say until the "season end" with the episodes so I am guessing they are planning for another season unless it *knock on wood* gets cancelled.

message 47: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Davies (debbie16) | 16 comments i love grimm and am so bored of juliet! he needs to break up with her. Is it just me or did the 'vessens' get uglier looking as the series went on?

message 48: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) If the writers plan to keep Juliette, they need to give her more of a part. She just doesn't add anything.

Mlpmom, I hope you're right!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Is anyone else super excited that Grimm starts back up this coming Monday!!?!! I can't wait!

message 50: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments I love that show, it's very original :) but I find Juliette a little boring.

« previous 1 3