Addicted to YA discussion

Movies and TV Shows > Hunger Games Movie!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
Who's excited for the movie? I know I am!

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) Oh yes! I even talked my fiance into reading the series and hes pretty excited himself :) We will be getting our tickets sooooon!!!!

message 3: by Lily (new)

Lily Yes! can't wait! It feels like it's taking forever to come out, I'm so impatient lol

message 4: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I am SO excited! Less than a month before the movie comes out... My friends and I are going to go see it, like, the day it comes out! Omg so excited...!!!!!

message 5: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

I really want to go to the midnight showing but sadly I have school...

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) So I know crazy question but what is the date it comes out?

message 7: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

March 23!

message 8: by Elena (new)

Elena Dillon (elenadillon) | 9 comments One of the first books that I think the movie will do it justice!! So excited!

message 9: by Nila (new)

Nila | 139 comments it's really well made, from the looks of the trailers, but they shouldn't cut out any parts from the book.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Newman | 12 comments Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

message 11: by ~T~ (new)

~T~ (tasheana23) I took off work for the 23rd to go see it! The trailer looks soooo good. And I'm excited, thinking the acting looks much better than the disappointment of twilight..

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Newman | 12 comments Tasheana wrote: "I took off work for the 23rd to go see it! The trailer looks soooo good. And I'm excited, thinking the acting looks much better than the disappointment of twilight.."

It looks wonderful and I really feel like they might have gotten it right!

message 13: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments 18 days until the movie comes out!!

message 14: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) I'm seeing it the 22nd here so i've only got 17!!

message 15: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments what??!! LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) In Australia its released on the 22nd but i'm not sure of the time difference so it may in fact be released at approximately the same time. I'm not too sure. All i know is that i only have 17 days of anticipation left to endure :P

message 17: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Oh:) Lucky! I have to wait eighteen days!!!!!!!!!! :(

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to admit, when I first heard that Lawrence, Hutcherson and Hemsworth got the roles of the trio, I didnt like it at all. I thought Lawrence was too softfaced (if thats a word), Hutch too young, and Hemsworth was just a Miley-whore. But they are really growing on me, the trailer looks fantastic!

message 19: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Andrea wrote: "I have to admit, when I first heard that Lawrence, Hutcherson and Hemsworth got the roles of the trio, I didnt like it at all. I thought Lawrence was too softfaced (if thats a word), Hutch too youn..."

Same here. After I saw the trailer, my opinions completely changed!

message 20: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) lol at 'Miley-whore' :) Don't be hating on the Aussie!! eve if i totally agree (shh)

I don't get this Josh thing cause seriously that jawline is AMAZING!!!

Lawrence has the softest face ever though

message 21: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 06, 2012 12:32PM) (new)

I'm SO EXCITED because I'm going to see it at midnight even thought its a school night!!!!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

17 days left! I can't wait! Its going to be just as amazing as the book and the end will have to be just like the book. It can. not. be. different. No. Nope, if so I will not buy the movie or see the other ones.

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I just got my tickets for opening night!!!!! I cannot wait

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

10 MORE DAYS :D

message 25: by Ela (new)

Ela SO EXCITED, I CAN'T WAIT!

message 26: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 121 comments I don't get out to the movies due to the extreme cost, but I'm willing to pay for this movie and can't wait! I actually get emotional looking at the trailer cause the book was so great. :)

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4586 comments I AM! XD
But I can't go on the day it comes out because my family is going on vacation that day and they don't want me to go to a movie by myself in a strange town(no one wants to go with me)
But i'm going to go see it the Sunday afterwards right when I come back!
I HATE WAITING!

message 28: by Shae (new)

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) So incredibly excited for this movie! I'm trying my absolute best not to cross over into obsessive territory, but it's awfully hard.

I'm posting this here and in the other Hunger Games section because I'm not sure where it's more appropriate, but I just found some (in my opinion) pretty awesome B-roll footage from the movie on YouTube. And yeah, it's legit.

http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012...

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura Anderson | 75 comments So... who is dressing up for the midnight showing? And who are you being?

message 30: by Laura (new)

Laura Anderson | 75 comments I'm a big dork and I love to dress up for midnight movies- but my once long hair is now short and there's nobody I can be! Except maybe someone from the Capitol... :)

message 31: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Yeah totally! I am not sure what I'm being yet. Maybe a super Peeta fan? :) ONLY 2 DAYS!!!!!

message 32: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments And critics so far have loved it! :)

message 33: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments OH MY GOD it comes out the day after tomorrowwwww!!!!!!!!!! My friends and I are going to see it. And I'm so excited!

message 34: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

I'm gonna see it TWICE in one day and I'm going to school that day! I'm going to be so tried...

message 35: by Ysabella (new)

Ysabella (ysabella8) | 3 comments I refuses to see the movie till I read the book!!! Lol

message 36: by Shae (new)

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) EW gave it an A- this morning! Woot!

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments HUNGER GAMES showing in 4 hours!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

message 38: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments JUST GOT HOME FROM THE MOVIE!!!!! :) IT WAS AWESOME

message 39: by Beth (new)

Beth (beth_jones8) i've seen it twice! its awesome!

message 40: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Davies (debbie16) | 27 comments I have to wait until 8pm until I can see it! Is it as good as the book?

message 41: by Sara (new)

Sara Daniell (saradaniell) | 40 comments I get to see it tomorrow. I. CAN'T. WAIT! :)

message 42: by Laura (last edited Mar 23, 2012 08:03AM) (new)

Laura Anderson | 75 comments Loved it. :)
Check out my review here! http://lauraleeanderson.wordpress.com...

message 43: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Saw the midnight showing and it was AMAZING! I teared up just from the pure awesomeness of the movie.
Going again tonight because it was just that good!

message 44: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

I found my new favorite song! Its Eyes Open from the Hunger Games movie sound track! It almost made my cry or maybe I'm just tired?

message 45: by Marisol (new)

Marisol | 18 comments yes, im excited that the movie came out in theaters already, cant wait to see it

message 46: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments My fav song from the soundtrack was definatly Just A Game. Its such a sad song.

message 47: by Noor (last edited Mar 23, 2012 09:07PM) (new)

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Erika wrote: "Saw the midnight showing and it was AMAZING! I teared up just from the pure awesomeness of the movie.
Going again tonight because it was just that good!"

OMG!! SO ITS A GOOD MOVIE?? Did it do justice to the books!??? My brother and I are going on Tuesday.

message 48: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Mar 24, 2012 06:44AM) (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments i saw it last night and it was absolutely AMAZING OMG they did such a good job! I dragged my mom with me and she was petrified haha:)

message 49: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Erika wrote: "Saw the midnight showing and it was AMAZING! I teared up just from the pure awesomeness of the movie.
Going again tonight because it was just that good!"

I was crying when Rue died! She was so cute!

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 24, 2012 08:12AM) (new)

I liked the movie but they cut out some parts I liked. Also people who didn't read the books thought Prim was Rue, they were like: "Oh, my God, Primrose is dying!" It was funny.

« previous 1 3