Addicted to YA discussion

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)
This topic is about City of Lost Souls
Series > City of Lost Souls

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
May 8th is almost here! What do you think will happen?

message 2: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela i didnt realise it was out so soon!!!! so excited!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait for it to be released. Already pre-ordered it and when I get it I shall refuse to put it down until I've finished it. I love The Mortal Instruments, and Infernal Devices

message 4: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash wrote: "I can't wait for it to be released. Already pre-ordered it and when I get it I shall refuse to put it down until I've finished it. I love The Mortal Instruments, and Infernal Devices"

I can't wait either and I'll probably end up finishing it all in one day like City of Fallen Angels!

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Gosh I can't wait either!!

Sydney Im soooo excited! I don`t think I can wait three more days!!!!!!

message 7: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela do you know if this is the release date for America or England and if it's hardback or paperback release?

Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog) (desperatelyseekingheas) | 172 comments May 8th can not come soon enough! I miss Jace!!!

Sydney Ela wrote: "do you know if this is the release date for America or England and if it's hardback or paperback release?"

I think it is for America and Canada, and in comes out in hardcover

Sydney ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 196 comments what version is everyone getting?
I am getting the target version with the story about Magnus's father.

message 12: by Anna (last edited May 07, 2012 04:49PM) (new)

Anna | 300 comments What???

@Ela: If you go on UK Amazon it is showing the UK hardback and paperback both released on 8th May. it also gives the size of the book.

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 196 comments @Anne walmart,barnes and noble,target all have an edition with a short story that is speical to that edition

message 14: by T (new) - rated it 1 star

T (ttynwhite) | 15 comments A little off topic but...I heard Alex Pettyfer will be cast in the Mortal Instruments movie as Jace.

message 15: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tatiyana wrote: "A little off topic but...I heard Alex Pettyfer will be cast in the Mortal Instruments movie as Jace."

JCB has been cast as Jace in the movie...I would have liked Alex Pettyfer as Jace though he looks more like Jace if you ask me

message 16: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments Nicole wrote: "@Anne walmart,barnes and noble,target all have an edition with a short story that is speical to that edition"

These all sound like US stores?

Gretchen Hohmeyer (adkwriter15) Totally missed that those guys were releasing books with a special short story in it. BLAST. I ordered mine online from Amazon. I've been checking my email EVERY SECOND to see if it's shipped yet. That order has Insurgent in it too! :D

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 196 comments Anna wrote: "Nicole wrote: "@Anne walmart,barnes and noble,target all have an edition with a short story that is speical to that edition"

These all sound like US stores?"

Yes they are sorry I should have stated that they were.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (kingviolante) | 10 comments Tatiyana wrote: "A little off topic but...I heard Alex Pettyfer will be cast in the Mortal Instruments movie as Jace."

Actually, if you look on imdb, it's not Alex Pettyfer (who I always pictured as Jace when reading the books), but Jamie Campbell Bower, as Erika said. Clary is supposed to be played by Lily Collins, which is not who I pictured for Clary AT ALL. I'm a little disappointed actually.

message 20: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Sydney wrote: "Ela wrote: "do you know if this is the release date for America or England and if it's hardback or paperback release?"

I think it is for America and Canada, and in comes out in hardcover"

no! that means i have to wait!!!!!

Gretchen Hohmeyer (adkwriter15) Sarah wrote: "Tatiyana wrote: "A little off topic but...I heard Alex Pettyfer will be cast in the Mortal Instruments movie as Jace."

Actually, if you look on imdb, it's not Alex Pettyfer (who I always pictured ..."

AGREE. I'll live with JCB, I guess, but Lily Collins? I saw her in Mirror, Mirror and The Blind Side...she's cute, but she's not Clary. Maybe she'll look different with her hair dyed--at least I HOPE they dye her hair!--but...I still don't think she's Clary.

message 22: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm almost done with the book and by the Angel...
I need to talk about what's happening!

Gretchen Hohmeyer (adkwriter15) Erika wrote: "I'm almost done with the book and by the Angel...
I need to talk about what's happening!"

GAH SO JEALOUS. Mine is on my way to me, so slowly!

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (kingviolante) | 10 comments Gretchen wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Tatiyana wrote: "A little off topic but...I heard Alex Pettyfer will be cast in the Mortal Instruments movie as Jace."

Actually, if you look on imdb, it's not Alex Pettyfer (who I al..."

Even if they die her hair, which I'm not sure will look good on her, I always pictured Clary smaller, shorter, and younger looking. Also, I think Lily is too sweet to pull off being feisty and sarcastic. To me, JCB is more of a dark and mysterious guy, whereas Jace is snarky and arrogant. I don't think the casting agents did very well on this one. We should all write angry letters. Ha.

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 4586 comments You guys are making me jealous!
I have it on hold at the library but over 20 other people have it on hold so it's going to take weeks!
ACK! I HATE WAITING!

Sydney I NEED to talk about this book with someone....am I the only one reading it?! I NEED TO TALK!!!!!

message 27: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished it and I have so many theories mostly about ID!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "Gretchen wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Tatiyana wrote: "A little off topic but...I heard Alex Pettyfer will be cast in the Mortal Instruments movie as Jace."

Actually, if you look on imdb, it's not Alex P..."

I agree, angry letters!!

Claire (claireloueeez) Sydney wrote: "I NEED to talk about this book with someone....am I the only one reading it?! I NEED TO TALK!!!!!"

XD I feel exactly the same my friend hasn't read it yet, and I'm already finished :/. Plus I only just found out I have to wait 2 years for the next one, I just hope some of my questions are answered in Clockwork Princess!.
Plus I don't know why but after reading CoLS the fact that there's going to be a film made me angry, for one thing Clary is suppose to be like 5ft which is short I should know, and she is suppose to be really petite, just to finish the rant Jamie is not who I pictured to be Jace AT ALL!. Okay I'm done XD

message 30: by Lena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena (lenaelika) The book is great! It's definitely better than CoFA. My favourites now are Alec and Izzy. I enjoyed so much reading about them. Clary and Jace are ok, but sweetness of their relationship was just over the top. (Can I say it like that? sorry, English is not my native :))

Cassie knows how to write! In my mind she always sets the bar high for evaluating other books. Plot, pace, dialogues, humour, characters developing, everything is amazing.

message 31: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) I have it but I need to read City of Fallen Angels first.

message 32: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephanie wrote: "I have it but I need to read City of Fallen Angels first."

You haven't read CoFA???

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm with you Stephanie. I haven't read CoFA either...

message 34: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jez wrote: "I'm with you Stephanie. I haven't read CoFA either..."

You have to!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I will, but I'm stuck on Clockwork Prince and the ending Just reading it over and over. It's almost Summer Break, so I have time before the next one comes out.

message 36: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jez wrote: "I will, but I'm stuck on Clockwork Prince and the ending Just reading it over and over. It's almost Summer Break, so I have time before the next one comes out."

Oh I get you. The ending to Clockwork Prince was...I'm not ever sure how to describe it but it made me really really really want Clockwork Princess but City of Lost Souls made me want Clockwork Princess even more because I have theories about about what happens to characters in ID because of a character in MI!

message 37: by Bhavya (new) - added it

Bhavya | 5 comments Erika wrote: "Jez wrote: "I will, but I'm stuck on Clockwork Prince and the ending Just reading it over and over. It's almost Summer Break, so I have time before the next one comes out."

Oh I get you. The endin..."

Same here! I just finished reading the book and, oh my gosh I have to talk to someone about my theories! I love how Cassandra Clare is kind of interweaving TMI and TID but without making it too confusing for people who haven't read the book :) I have a pretty good hunch as to who 'z' is (sorry, trying not to give any spoilers!) but everyone else seems to think the opposite to me so I'm not so sure anymore. But Either way I can't wait till clockwork princess comes out!

message 38: by Lena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena (lenaelika) Bhavya, so what's your theory about 'z'? Maybe you can put it under a spoiler tag ;) I've read a lot of opinions, but still interested to find new ones.

message 39: by Bhavya (last edited May 21, 2012 09:04AM) (new) - added it

Bhavya | 5 comments Lena wrote: "Bhavya, so what's your theory about 'z'? Maybe you can put it under a spoiler tag ;) I've read a lot of opinions, but still interested to find new ones."

I don't really know what a spoiler tag is.... So I'll just do this:

SPOILERS BELOW! SPOILERS BELOW! SPOILERS BELOW! SPOILERS BELOW! SPOILERS BELOW! SPOILERS BELOW! SPOILERS BELOW! Oh never mind, I just found it ^_^
(view spoiler)

Sydney OMFG!!! I just finished this book, and by the Angel I`m speechless! I don`t have any clue, how the hell (pardon me:)) I am going to survive TWO WHOLE YEARS for the next book to come out!!!!!!!! I`ll just have to read them over and over again!!!!

message 41: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sydney wrote: "OMFG!!! I just finished this book, and by the Angel I`m speechless! I don`t have any clue, how the hell (pardon me:)) I am going to survive TWO WHOLE YEARS for the next book to come out!!!!!!!! I`l..."

I know!

Sydney Erika wrote: "Sydney wrote: "OMFG!!! I just finished this book, and by the Angel I`m speechless! I don`t have any clue, how the hell (pardon me:)) I am going to survive TWO WHOLE YEARS for the next book to come ..."

It`s just PURE TORTURE!!!! I mean I love Cassandra Clare, but this is NOT fair :P

message 43: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited May 24, 2012 05:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fari wrote: "Sydney wrote: "OMFG!!! I just finished this book, and by the Angel I`m speechless! I don`t have any clue, how the hell (pardon me:)) I am going to survive TWO WHOLE YEARS for the next book to come ..."

Sadly it is coming out in two years but at least Clockwork Princess is coming out next year...

spazchild14 | 108 comments I just finished it and it was awesome!! We have to wait two whole years now? I can't do it! :(

Gargi (gargipatil) | 216 comments I agree with u Courtney. I can't imagine we have to wait for 2 WHOLE years for the next book. Anyways i simply loved city of lost souls.

message 46: by Laura (new)

Laura Anderson | 75 comments So much sex! Well, not actual sex but lots of sexiness (I mean that scene with Simon and Izzy...?! ) I'm wondering about your reactions to it...
How much sex is too much sex? Does it ever get awkward for you to read?
PS- It will be a tough two years! I want to know what happens next!

message 47: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

I don't think it gets very awkward I mean I'm kind of used to it by now and I'm kind of in High School so people in my school well actually I'm not going to go there...
I feel like it might have added to the story and it definitely added to the characters. I've also been waiting for Simon and Izzy to finally happen so I was like screaming to my friends about them because I love Simon and Izzy.

Sydney Lol me too <3

♥Kel (kelsimai) | 94 comments Me 2 :)

Sandy S See my reviews of:

CITY OF LOST SOULS: http://thereadingcafe.com/reviews/cit...

CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS: http://thereadingcafe.com/reviews/cit...

CLOCKWORK PRINCE: http://thereadingcafe.com/reviews/clo...

see all of my reviews at : thereadingcafe.com

« previous 1