School's Out—Forever (Maximum Ride, #2)
This topic is about School's Out—Forever
Series > School's Out Forever

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
Share your thoughts

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments This was quite a fast paced book. I remember during reading period in English I was reading the last couple of pages and my teacher said time to put the books away. I literally screamed, "NOOOOO! Not done!" so my English teacher let me finish lol! Anyways, the book was good but not good enough to encourage me to read the others right away.

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 17 comments I love it!

cait (caitlinisakittycat) I personally really enjoy this book & the second in the series. It is a very unique & deeply interesting concept that was well executed. I fell in love with Max, Fang, & their flock in this book & immediately purchased the next two books. I am sad to say, though, that the series turned out to be vastly disappointing as the third & fourth book (I didn't bother to read past that) became way too unnecessarily political & preachy - as do most of James Patterson's novels that I've had the misfortune to pick up lately. I do, however, strongly recommend this book to YA readers seeking a super hero-esque, against-the-odds book to keep their interest while awaiting the sequels to their favorite novels. But, unless you want to be lectured about global warming & read absurdly unrealistic disaster scenarios (the news during a hurricane in book 3, anyone?) I wouldn't put this on my list of must read series.

cait (caitlinisakittycat) I meant to post this on the Angel Experiment thread. It still applies, though.

Lovekitty | 23 comments It was a decent follow up, but it didn't impress me.
The best thing about this book was the character development, especially the singular chapters for Ari. They truly made me feel for the character, and showed that it's not really his fault for what he has become.

The major thing that I didn't like about this novel was the overall story. It wasn't as thrilling as the first book, and certain parts weren't developed enough and seemed sort of rushed.

Entirely, it was okay. Not my favorite, but okay.