Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
This topic is about Last Sacrifice
Series > Last Sacrifice

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
Share your thoughts

Elle (Lost in Wonderland) | 8 comments Just finished this book the other day. It was a good ending to a great series and I'm glad Rose ended up with who she did (view spoiler) I still can't believe the series is over though, I need more!! Lol

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ellesha wrote: "Just finished this book the other day. It was a good ending to a great series and I'm glad Rose ended up with who she did [spoilers removed] I still can't believe the series is over though, I need ..."

I like Adrian better but I'm still glad that Rose ended up with who she did. I just feel really bad for Adrian!

Hannah (hannah1) So it's a good series?

message 5: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah I loved it!

Hannah (hannah1) Well it's just the many I'm adding to my to read list. Im out to buy maximum ride this weekend btw Erika lol

message 7: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yay I love that series!

Kaya I loved the series, but lost interest a bit during the beginning of Spirit Bound and didn't get any further. Is it worth finishing?

Missy (missy_aurora) Yeah finish it! its worth it to see how Rose, Lissa, Dimitri and Adrian mature in this series and all the plotlines and mysteries are solved- would also be beneficial to read Bloodlines. I do feel bad for who Rose doesn't pick and usually I get upset by love triangles but this one turns out ok (even if the way it turns out was kind of mean)

Hannah (hannah1) Just started reading :) already read bloodlines which made me want to read this series

Jennifer (AllTheRaeje) I liked this series a lot. I always am glad if the ending shocks me and isn't predictable, and this wasn't. It was a very good ending. I do feel bad, like everyone else for the one who didn't get picked.

Sara Marie | 2 comments I really enjoyed this series. I love Richelle Mead's writing style. I just finished reading Bloodlines which was very good as well. I can't wait for the next book in that series to come out.

Hannah (hannah1) Just finished the first book pretty bloody good I loved it

message 14: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I loved the whole series!!!!!! In my opinion it's the second best series in the world! Btw, shouldn't we have a thread for the 2 bloodlines books and the one that's coming out?

message 15: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma3501 wrote: "I loved the whole series!!!!!! In my opinion it's the second best series in the world! Btw, shouldn't we have a thread for the 2 bloodlines books and the one that's coming out?"

I love this series too! We've read VA but we haven't read bloodlines (yet) so that's why there's no topic about the bloodlines books. You could suggest Bloodlines for the November BOTM though.

message 16: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma oh, i get it! so you only have topics for books you've read? have you read bloodlines outside of the group? if you haven't, you should. It was amazing!!!!

message 17: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah that's basically how it works. Yeah I have! I love Adrian!

message 18: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne Ellerson | 7 comments I'm on chapter 32 an I completely in love with it!!!!
I'm working on a book review:)

Harmony | 166 comments I fell in love with this series. This is my favourite book in the series.

April | 557 comments I got the whole series at once because each individual book for 25% off, so the whole series was only about $60 or $65.. I can't exactly remember because I think I got it about a year ago. and I still have to read Last Sacrifice. I honestly don't know why I put the series down, because I got about halfway through Last Sacrifice and then just stopped reading it and started reading a bunch of other books. But I am re-reading the series and I love it again! I'm on Frostbite right now! I adore all of the characters, the writing style, just everything about this series! I fell in love with Dimitri... Adrian is pretty bad ass too! I just LOVE this series. Other than The Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl this is my FAVORITE SERIES OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!! I ADORE THIS SERIES!!!!!! I actually like it as much as the Castor Chronicles series, and I don't mean to compare the 2 series because thy are obviously totally different. But I adore both series!!
The characters were very well developed throughout the series, the plot lines were just amazing! The writing was amazing! The way Richelle Mead wrote the series made it so that there are different plot twists that aren't expected and I just LOVE this series! I'm going to stop talking about it now though, because I'm just going off on a rant about how much I adore these books. But that's how great they are, and if people haven't read them yet, then they need too!!!! It's definitely worth it... :) <3 <3 <3

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Full of mystery. Unexpected.
I hate Rose for using Adrian. She should have said at first she loved Dimitri!

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 188 comments poetic. gut wrenching .nail biting. love it!

message 23: by Fatima (new)

Fatima I was obsessed with it! Best Vampire series ever!!

message 24: by Ayla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ayla (ex_libris_ad_astra) | 213 comments when this series ended i still had questions and was so glad to hear about bloodlines. I love this series and cannot wait to red everything richelle mead has written

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 46 comments Loved the series. Hated the last book.

I'm loving Bloodlines so much more simply because Sydney is great and it doesn't have Rose in it. YAY!!

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 188 comments Absolutely love the series! Great ending and I am waiting for The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead !!!!

Shenata (shenata_) | 1 comments this is my favorite series now. anyone have the indigo spell to lend either. this is my email address shmondelus@gmail.com. thank you

Sophie Berg (sophiesberg) | 5 comments I love the series, but a little dissapointed with who rose chose. Adrian is so sweet!!

Turquoise Hall (SoccerBooks) | 347 comments I loved Adrian too, but Rose and Demitri were too great together. It would have been nice if Adrian could have found someone too though. I hate the way things ended for him and Rose.

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 787 comments I second that Hannelore. I was really worried about them and specially after reading Adrian's lost chapter.

Simmaron (mybookedlife) | 787 comments Yep and in the second last chapter of Last Sacrifice he was so so so furious. I've never seen (read) him so outrageous . Really what happened with him was very unfair :'(

Hannah (hannah1) I thought that too until I read bloodlines. The following series..it's really good for anyone who hasn't read it

Hannah (hannah1) Haha keep going its a good series

message 34: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Shaw | 454 comments One of the BEST series EVER!!!!!

message 35: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee i agree...i felt real bad for adrian but he is one of the main characters in the bloodlines series so hopefully he will get his happy ending there

message 36: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee i agree...i felt real bad for adrian but he is one of the main characters in the bloodlines series so hopefully he will get his happy ending there

Jasir | 170 comments The first vampire based series that i loved............ and if loved it then it gotta be the best

message 38: by Luisana (new) - added it

Luisana Moya (luisanasbooks) | 2 comments i prefer Adrian, he was the best one i was in love with him but it was a good ending

message 39: by Merith (last edited Oct 19, 2013 07:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Merith (KitsuneAraya) | 2 comments One of my absolute favorite series EVER!!!! I loved this series, but I'm sad it is over. I am reading Bloodlines though! It's really good...

message 40: by Melody (new)

Melody | 11 comments I've started with this series, but I think I've started it at the wrong time. I'm just so over vampires at the moment. There are plenty out there.

I want something different. The book was okay though. Like I said, I'll give it some time or until I need another vampire series and start with this one again.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

love this whole seres! from the first book you dont expect it at all to end up how it did in the last one. rose is just so much in one character and her journey is just incredible. i can re read every book over agin.

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Hernandez Loved the whole series

message 43: by Ever (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ever | 21 comments Just finished. I loved this series it was so fun to read!

MysticMemories So good! I just finished re-reading the series. I can't wait to start the bloodlines series.

Veronica | 442 comments love this series

Escaroles | 2 comments SPOILER ALERT
I really liked the series, but am I the only one who was kind of disapointed on how things ended? I mean, I cared not only about the love aspect, but I kind of hoped that some people that Adrian mentioned in the last chapters were brought up. For me, it ended up like these: Öh, yeah, I really messed up a lot of people's lives, some friends were killed, one will be fired, maybe the other will never get a job again in his life… My mother never told who my father was for freaking 18 years and now they are best friends… All is fine, my BFF of 18 years old is ruling all vampires in the world and I have the love of my life back from "I dont love you and dont ever wanna see you".

I really liked the whole series, but this last book (even though it was really good) did not leave me fulfilled with answers.

Emily Heinen | 21 comments I adored this book, although I felt like there were a few things that could've been wrapped up cleaner. For example *SPOILERS*:

What happens to Adrian? I'm going to read Bloodlines to find out. Although I'm a hardcore Rimitri fan, I liked Adrian and wished his plot-line had been more fulfilled.

Why did Lissa seem so worried in the last chapter? It was like she was keeping something a secret. Yeah, I realize she's probably seriously nervous about becoming queen, but there seemed to be something else going on inside of her head.

What will happen to Tasha? She killed the queen, so she is probably going to be executed. But she was a strong supporting character for a lot of the series. We should have more information about her fate. And what about Christian? How will he take it when she dies?

Will Jill be kept safe? How will Royal life treat her? Her storyline pretty much ended with an ominous "She will need to be protected". It just seemed so . . . unresolved.

So I don't know how I feel about the idea of reading Bloodlines just to get answers. It should've been more neatly concluded in Last Sacrifice alone.

Other than those pesky unanswered questions, it was an AMAZING book! An epic conclusion, of sorts. Beautiful.

Emily Heinen | 21 comments I adored this book, although I felt like there were a few things that could've been wrapped up cleaner. For example *SPOILERS*:

What happens to Adrian? I'm going to read Bloodlines to find out. Although I'm a hardcore Rimitri fan, I liked Adrian and wished his plot-line had been more fulfilled.

Why did Lissa seem so worried in the last chapter? It was like she was keeping something a secret. Yeah, I realize she's probably seriously nervous about becoming queen, but there seemed to be something else going on inside of her head.

What will happen to Tasha? She killed the queen, so she is probably going to be executed. But she was a strong supporting character for a lot of the series. We should have more information about her fate. And what about Christian? How will he take it when she dies?

Will Jill be kept safe? How will Royal life treat her? Her storyline pretty much ended with an ominous "She will need to be protected". It just seemed so . . . unresolved.

So I don't know how I feel about the idea of reading Bloodlines just to get answers. It should've been more neatly concluded in Last Sacrifice alone.

Other than those pesky unanswered questions, it was an AMAZING book! An epic conclusion, of sorts. Beautiful.

Adrienne Bowman (miss_marauder) | 59 comments I read this whole series over the past 6 days. I watched the movie last weekend and was instantly hooked (which I totally did not see coming because the movie did not look that enticing). While I loved this book, I was still left with a bunch of answers and did not really get the closure I wanted. We never really find out what happens to Robert, Tasha, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian. We don't know if Jill is kept safe, or what her role becomes in Lissas life. And which guardian assignment did Eddie receive? There were several loose ends!

Overall adored the whole series. I don't think I've ever read a series in that much if a frenzy before. Definitely an all-time favorite.

Seriously though, what is the last sacrifice that the title is referring to? I have several ideas, but it wasn't really made obvious.

Nicole (NicoleLeeTV) | 12 comments SPOILERS

I loved this book and the ending of the series (though I want more! LOL. I have yet to read the Bloodlines series, I'm hoping that's enough to satisfy my VA addiction. lol.). I cried with Lissa becoming Queen, Romitri is my absolute OTP so them ending up together, finally being able to be happy, all their quote-y, swoon-worthy lines, just loved it. I actually hate Adrian, so him being "heartbroken" in the end actually made me kind of happy (I know, I'm the worst lol). And I just loved the total arc of this story, being on the run, while the rest of the gang try and clear Rose at Court, Victor and Karp returning. OH! And Richelle Mead gave me whip-lash because I kept going from person to person wondering who killed Tatiana and then, in the end, it was the person I original thought! Damn you, Richelle! LOL.

« previous 1