Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
This topic is about Blood Promise
Series > Blood Promise

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5276 comments Mod
Share your thoughts

Stephanie (Bookfever) (bookfever) Love it! This one of my favorite of the series! ♥

Missy (missy_aurora) Least favorite of the series. I didn't like it when Rose was a prisoner, also the Alchemists confused me and I didn't like Sydney's character. i'm liking Sydney much more after reading Bloodlines. This one was very out of character or just writing style that I'm used to from Mead.

Janna (jannabelikov) | 5 comments Stephanie ♥Loves Adrian Ivashkov♥ wrote: "Love it! This one of my favorite of the series! ♥"

me tooo.. I cried in this book. this book is great! showing what a great love they have.

message 5: by Anna (last edited Feb 01, 2013 02:49PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna | 300 comments Who Rose and Lissa? Rose and Dimitri Rose and someone else?

So if the Moroi treat the Guardians so badly why do they put up with such a class ridden society? They dont just serve them, they seem to worship them... Why? They're more powerful - and the procreation argument doesn't hold water.

Sabrina I liked this book enough, it definitely wasn't my favorite. I liked Sydney's character very much. I must say that to me the whole situation with Dimitri was interesting, but it didn't really seem to me like it got us much farther through the story. I guess it's important to have them both see that each are "alive" and that both still have some sort of feelings for each other, but I felt like they left off in the same situation. Rose is going to eventually want to confront him.

Also I think Lissa and Adrian really need to find some sort of way to detect when another spirit user is around. I mean, it could be helpful to find the other people to help them, or they could more easily pick out who the problem people would be (ahem, Avery).

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 129 comments This one was my favorite, because it dealt with some seriously tough issues. I loved that even though it almost killed her, she would rather take Dimitri's un-life than have his beauty, but not his heart.

I guess I am just a very dark person, but this was much more interesting than having Rose kill hundreds of strigoi!

Linda Peng | 11 comments Reading it right now :)

Sophia (ssophia) | 12 comments this series is the most amazing series i have ever read
its my number one!!!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I love the bad Dimitri. :P

Melissa Cushing (melissa_cushing) | 25 comments Me too!!!! that was my favorite book because of "bad" Dimitri :)

I.M. Luke (irisamoon) | 4 comments Me too. But I still support Rose+Adrian. It really pissed me off when she chose good Dimitri over Adrian. :(

Melissa Cushing (melissa_cushing) | 25 comments I am with you, I definitely felt torn between the 2 male characters, and could truly see her with Adrian (there really is a thing about him that I loved :)...... I couldn't stand thinking of him with anyone else after she took Dimitri back. It was a tough one for sure.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I don't know why I have dibs for bad boys.
I hate Rose breaking Adrian's heart. that...arrgh! But it's good she ended up with Dimitri. He's her true love.

Nicole (NicoleLeeTV) | 12 comments I loved this book (I love every book in the series though, so... I guess that's not saying much. LOL.), especially because it was so different. It was away from the Academy life, "away" from Lissa, not to mention Strigoi Dimitri! Also, am I the only Dimitri superfan that even loved Dimitri as a Strigoi? LOL. I loved meeting the Belikov family, more spirit users. I actually was NOT a fan of Sydney in this book. I didn't like her until Last Sacrifice.

Although, as someone whose OTP is forever and always "Romitri", this was a HEARTBREAKING novel. Like, seriously, soul crushing. LOL.

Yasmin Shiraz (yasminshiraz) | 7 comments Nicole wrote: "I loved this book (I love every book in the series though, so... I guess that's not saying much. LOL.), especially because it was so different. It was away from the Academy life, "away" from Lissa,..."
I must agree. I loved every book in the series... I'm not a fan of Dmitri as a Strigoi, but then he did still love Rose even as Strigoi, so maybe I am...

Maria (mkayeoo) LMAO @nicole I AGREE IT WAS SO HEART WRENCHING READING THIS BOOKS ESPECIALLY HIS "FINAL" WORDS TO ROSE *violently sobs*

message 18: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe (zoelezebre) | 9 comments I just finished reading Blood Promise, and I absolutely loved it! So far, it's my favorite in the series. My love for it may partly be because she wasn't with Dimitri, which sounds pretty bad, but I like Adrian a lot more. Don't get me wrong, I like Dimitri, but I just prefer Rose and Adrian to be together.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

ahhhhh my eyes shouldn't have clicked on this!!!

Ricky (spider-fan) | 876 comments At least Adrian finally started getting a bit less annoying with this one. And it looked like Mead was finally gonna undo one of her cruelties (though not the one I really hope for...)