Addicted to YA discussion

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
This topic is about City of Fallen Angels
Series > City of Fallen Angels

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What did you think of it?

Jennise | 14 comments I didn't mind the storyline- it was different, but I hated the ending. Can Jace and Clary not catch a break!?!

message 3: by Ela (last edited Mar 14, 2012 01:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Jennise wrote: "I didn't mind the storyline- it was different, but I hated the ending. Can Jace and Clary not catch a break!?!"

yeah i know! i think the characters should pair up or something so that if someone starts getting controlled by a dead guy there is someone to do something about it!!!!

message 4: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay | 1906 comments City of fallen angels was incredible

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i think the ending was amazing! the cliff hanger was brilliant and just made me want the next book so bad, one thing i hated was jace and clarys relationship in this book, i mean come on! seriously how many times do we have to go over jace thinking clary is better of without him and then ten chapters later he realises he has to be with her n the BOOM! his been possessed! thats the only thing that pissed me off bout this book, i needed more clary and jace romance ;)

Jennise | 14 comments I am totally with you!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

thanx!

message 8: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer (AllTheRaeje) This book had me so mad I wanted to chuck it across the room! I was so into the story, thought it was genius really. Jace and Clary were FINALLY going to get some happiness and then BAM the last page. I mean what the heck! All I kept thinking was REALLY?? SERIOUSLY?? grr

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

" Jace and Clary were FINALLY going to get some happiness and then BAM the last page. I mean what the heck! All I kept thinking was REALLY?? SERIOUSLY?? grr" ikr!!! to be honest this book pissed me off a bit coz at the end of city of glass i thought yes next book clary and jace together!!! but no! jace had to go through his phase of thinking clary is too good for him

message 10: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela I find it so annoying in books when characters beat themselves up over the fact that they think they're not good enough for they're partner, i mean, GET OVER IT!! It's their choice too!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

exactly! how much proof does jace need! his got angel blood, how much proof does jace need that his freakin hot .. erm i mean that his a good person*

message 12: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Sns wrote: "" Jace and Clary were FINALLY going to get some happiness and then BAM the last page. I mean what the heck! All I kept thinking was REALLY?? SERIOUSLY?? grr" ikr!!! to be honest this book pissed me..."

I agree with both of you, I thought after CoG that Jace and Clary finally were gonna be together and now Sebastian came and ruined it all!! - but the cliffhanger was good and I can't wait till CoLS!

Sumin Gosh! I knew Sebastian wasn't FULLY dead! Why else would they mention that his body wasn't found? I wonder how he's gonna control Jace.. And seriously, I thought I was reading twilight. Jace saying he isn't good enough for Clary, and saying he's gonna hurt Clary. Blah blah blah.

message 14: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim (kimle) | 5 comments I really enjoyed this book up until the last page! I was expecting a happy ending, Jace and Clary finally got a chance to be together but of course, Sebastian had to come in and ruined everything. It's infuriating! My expectation for the next book is really high now so hopefully I won't be disappointed.

message 15: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

I read this book in one day. I had pre-ordered it and it didn't come until the 9th and I couldn't stop myself from finishing it in one sitting because all my friends were talking about it and I wanted to read it really badly. That was the last time I ever pre-ordered a book.

I loved this book so much. I didn't think it was anything like Twilight. Jace saying that he was going to hurt Clary was because he knew something was wrong with him and in the end he kind of did hurt her...
I can't wait until May so many books coming out!

message 16: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Katrin wrote: "LOVED IT!!! Amazing ending AND plot its so dark but i still love it, so much pressure and suspense: can't wait til May!!"

Have you seen the trailer for City of Lost Souls? It was sorta creepy and scary because its Sebastian talking the entire time.

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 196 comments ^I have seen the trailer for CoLS and have Sebastian's little talk memorized.He is so freaky and I believe he wants to burn down the world.Will May 8 ever come?!

message 18: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Creepiest part is when he goes my name is Jonathan but everyone calls me Sebastian and I am going to burn down the world...
That gives me chills

message 19: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy One thing this book made me realise?
I HATE it when Jace sulks, its always about how he doesnt deserve clary and its getting on my nerves!!
one more thing?
it was an amazing book with an unfair cliffhanger!!

message 20: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Cy wrote: "One thing this book made me realise?
I HATE it when Jace sulks, its always about how he doesnt deserve clary and its getting on my nerves!!
one more thing?
it was an amazing book with an unfair cli..."

I agree about that cliffhanger :O

message 21: by Melinda (new)

Melinda | 146 comments i couldn't finish it. I got about 150 pages in to it then just gave up.

message 22: by Tyller (new) - added it

Tyller | 8 comments Hmmm I read this a long time ago so I don't remember it. Is this the one where in the end Clary leaves Jace on the roof and Sabastian starts controlling him from the tank?

message 23: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Tyller wrote: "Hmmm I read this a long time ago so I don't remember it. Is this the one where in the end Clary leaves Jace on the roof and Sabastian starts controlling him from the tank?"

yup that's the one :)

Martin I did not like the end. As much as I enjoy reading about how two people can't catch a break in a relationship, I enjoy reading how well the relationship does work when it eventually happens. Cassandra Clare seemed like she was dragging on the whole them not being able to be together thing. Just let them be together for once and let us see how they work s a team. THe first three books they weren't really together and it would've been cool if the last three books they always were (with of course some drama in between). It seems like the only book where they really will be together is the last one unless she decides against it as well. Am I the only one who thinks she shouldn't have waited until the end?

message 25: by Macy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Macy France (chevalfly) | 2 comments I thought it was weird when Clare's brother was wanting more than to be a brother to her.

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Jay wrote: "City of fallen angels was incredible"

did you even read the book?

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Macy wrote: "I thought it was weird when Clare's brother was wanting more than to be a brother to her."

I think you are on the wrong book... That was in the City of Glass

message 28: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela I thought in the fist three Clare got the perfect amount of 'on again off again' with jace and clary (I hate it when characters get together int eh first 30 pages and the spend the rest of the series being all lovey dovey.
But in this one I felt she dragged it out a little too far...

message 29: by An (new)

An Jenny wrote: "This book had me so mad I wanted to chuck it across the room! I was so into the story, thought it was genius really. Jace and Clary were FINALLY going to get some happiness and then BAM the last pa..."
Glad that I wasn't alone!

message 30: by Ifrah (last edited Dec 30, 2012 05:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ifrah Alia (infinitebooklist) | 29 comments Jace has the worst luck ever. I really just want something good to happen to him without a bad thing following it. Let someone else suffer for a while.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I just wish Jace and Clary could be happy and team up to be a kick ass couple for once. No moping. No inferiority. Just two badass shadow hunters taking down bad guys and making out between fights!

Kylee Ya i agree jace needs to stop haveing pity partys!
its always one of them upset.

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) Personally, I think this book should've never have been written!!! City of Glass had such a happy ending, ENDING. But then Cassandra Clare went on and wrote another one and ruined EV-E-RY-THING!!!! Jace and Clary were finally together and happy, but then BAM (view spoiler)

I was really upset... :'(

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) woohoo i successfully made a spoiler!! IT WORKED, YAAAAAAAAY!!!!

message 35: by Poppy (last edited Mar 10, 2013 06:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Poppy (poppydoodler) I've just finished this book and I must say up until the last 3 pages I was more than happy. At last Clary and Jace would be able to get on with being in love without being siblings, or without someone being possessed etc. etc. Then the whole Sebastian thing happened and I exploded. WHY, WHY can't they just, for once, be happy. You crossed the line Clare, you crossed the line. Will the two of them ever get a break?!

That aside, I really liked this book, they just keep getting better and better. Really want to read City of Lost Souls now, like I really, REALLY want to read it.

Miranda | 1 comments It was a little slow for me at parts. Not as exciting as I had expected based on the books before. However it still was a good book, and this is still one of my favourite series.

Annemieke (annemiekevanelst) | 17 comments Miranda wrote: "It was a little slow for me at parts. Not as exciting as I had expected based on the books before. However it still was a good book, and this is still one of my favourite series."

I had the same thing. It felt that their relationship in this book was more important in this book, but how often does Jace have to think he's not good enough??? Really? I liked the books with more suspense better. The last part of the book was great, but was a little disappointed of the open end / cliffhanger.

message 38: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz (lookingstrongjohn) | 909 comments Considering COG finished pretty well, I was really wondering what this book was going to be about but it worked really well. I agree with the other statements above, although I do tend to just completely caught up and lost in a book (especially this series) that I just block out everything and I ended up thoroughly enjoying it!! :D I really liked Jace's POV and most times whisked the majority of the book was like that.
The character development on characters like Simon and izzy was good, and as for the ending....! :O was not expecting it - whether that's just me and my habit of being completely unsuspecting/blind or not, it thought it was great (I'm a sucker for stories like this) :)

Saf  (saph95) I think this book shouldn't have been written to be honest. City of glass was great and this was jut unnecessary. It seems like Clare can't let this series go and keeps adding more to it. For me, it ruined the whole series.

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I agree Annie! This book was horrible. There was no real plot behind it and I felt like I didn't even know the characters anymore. I'm reading City of Lost Souls now, it's approved a bit but still not City of Glass.

Veronica | 442 comments clare is addicted to the shadowhunter world. she is writing another new series based off this. i wish she would write new stuff too. As for COFA/COLS/COHF it is unnecessary as there is no plot. she is milking this series dry.

message 42: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa There seems to be a contradiction in this book that I just can't reconcile. When Simon jumps in front of Lilith, she is obliterated courtesy of the Mark, but shouldn't Simon have actually been the one to be destroyed? He voluntarily hurts himself by giving his blood to Lilith for Sebastian, and that's allowed. But why, when he was "willing" to sacrifice himself and step in from of Lilith, no harm comes to him? I am going to let it go, but I just got confused for a second.

Afrah (afrah_hi) The series seems O.K., but I don't think it compares to the first trilogy. Like Veronica said, "she is milking the series dry".

Krista | 149 comments Afrah wrote: "The series seems O.K., but I don't think it compares to the first trilogy. Like Veronica said, "she is milking the series dry"."

How do you think the next series will be then?