Addicted to YA discussion

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
This topic is about City of Glass
Series > City of Glass

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) My next to be purchased book.. I would go cheaper and get it on my Kindle but since I have the other two in paperback I wont. Lol silly yes but I try to keep my series in the same format. Get paid Monday so yea its as good as mine lol

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Feb 25, 2012 02:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stephanie wrote: "My next to be purchased book.. I would go cheaper and get it on my Kindle but since I have the other two in paperback I wont. Lol silly yes but I try to keep my series in the same format. Get paid ..."

I do the same thing! For me books in the same series have to match...not really sure why though

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) What can I say we are bibliophiles lol. And I have it now! Just trying to decide the order I want to read the new books I got lol

Jennise | 14 comments lol! I do the exact same thing! and other people think it weird of me! I found the right group of people!

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennise wrote: "lol! I do the exact same thing! and other people think it weird of me! I found the right group of people!"

Yeah we're all a little different around here :D

message 7: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela i bought the first three in paperback, the fourth one was a different size so i had to replace it when the one that matched came out! it may have been slightly obessive but i do feel very satisfied seeing them lined up on my shelf! :P

Jennifer (AllTheRaeje) Loved it. I couldn't put it down. :)

Sumin I love reading books in hardcover. I bought the fourth book in hardcover and the first book in paperback. So I had to buy the hardcover set for the first three book even though I had the first book. But definitely worth the money!

Sydney I am currently reading this story...IT~S AWESOME!

message 11: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy Just started :D

message 12: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy Great book and (view spoiler)

message 13: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cy wrote: "Great book and [spoilers removed]"

I LOVE Alec and Magnus! They're awesome!

message 14: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Yes, they are so cute!!! :D

message 15: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy I know!!

message 16: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna | 300 comments :) yup

message 17: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy Felt sorry for Magnus when alec still had feelings for Jace...at least it was solved in that book, I think I would of cried if it wasn't (lack of next book and book money ;))

message 18: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments it was okay, but it did not quite live up to expectations

message 19: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz (lookingstrongjohn) | 909 comments Not really I really enjoyed it, although when I get caught up in a world like that I do tend to not see things....
Oh but the whole Sebastian thing was pretty easy to pick up when someone figured out that he died his hair - despite the fact that my friend had accidentally told me a good 6 months before.. :)

message 20: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim I'm around halfway through it, and so far am really disappointed :( The other books in the series so far were great, but this one is really slow and difficult to get through.

message 21: by Nila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nila | 139 comments Kim wrote: "I'm around halfway through it, and so far am really disappointed :( The other books in the series so far were great, but this one is really slow and difficult to get through."

Don't worry, thats what i thought at first too, but i ended up liking this one best of all!

Parker J (parkerj) | 20 comments Love this book. This is my favorite seris! Along with Gone by Michael Grant.

message 23: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz (lookingstrongjohn) | 909 comments Kim wrote: "I'm around halfway through it, and so far am really disappointed :( The other books in the series so far were great, but this one is really slow and difficult to get through."

i was the same, it took me so long to read because it was just SO slow, but the middle-end makes up for it ^_^

message 24: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela I never found this book slow, I loved it all the way through!

message 25: by An (new)

An Very very good book even thoug hIread it a while ago, parts of it still sticks in my mind.

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially the end!!!
but Sebastian was REALLY creepy...freaked the crap out of me :P

Sophia | 60 comments This one was probably my favourite in the MI series

Salome | 64 comments Daria Weasley wrote: "LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
especially the end!!!
but Sebastian was REALLY creepy...freaked the crap out of me :P"

just wait...

Kelly | 523 comments City of Glass was my favorite book in TMI. I usually get books from the library but really wanted to buy this book so I could read it again, when ever I want.

Turquoise Hall (SoccerBooks) | 347 comments I may hate Sebastian(and trust me...I HATE HIM!!!) He was a great villian. I loved hating him!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) This one is my favorite. Such an awesome revelation! Shadowhunter's Tale is awesome!!!

micah (mandersonxoxo) I am currently reading this book! I LOVE TMI so much!x

Saf  (saph95) There was one part in this book that was stupid and it was when Clary?(or someone) said Sebastian's hair dye came off in her hands(?)

Like idk but hair dye doesn't come off in your hands....

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments Good point! I find it hard to believe they didn't realize something was off about Sebastian from the start. But overall this book is the best book of the series.

micah (mandersonxoxo) Stormy wrote: "Good point! I find it hard to believe they didn't realize something was off about Sebastian from the start. But overall this book is the best book of the series."

I agree! It was an amazing book and everything got answered!:D

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments Yeah! I just really wish Clare had ended it with this book. City of Fallen Angels really ruined it for me

micah (mandersonxoxo) I haven't read City of Fallen Angels yet and I'm currently reading Clockwork Angel

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I really should've read Clockwork Angel after City of Glass. Not only because I've heard it's the better read, but there are a lot of Infernal Devices references dropped every now and then that would've made more sense if I had read Clockwork Angel first.

micah (mandersonxoxo) Stormy wrote: "I really should've read Clockwork Angel after City of Glass. Not only because I've heard it's the better read, but there are a lot of Infernal Devices references dropped every now and then that wo..."

Yep, there are lots of references and it's really good:) Are you planning to read it?

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments Yes I am :) I bought it around a month ago and it's been patiently waiting on my bookshelf! But first my friends making read the I am number four series, I've heard so many bad things about it, not excited to try that one out! Then after that I'm going to finally read the 5th Wave. Then I shall read Clockwork Angel, lol

Simone Francois (simonefrncs) | 29 comments I just started reading a couple days ago. I have to say I prefer Infernal Devices better, but I needed to know the rest of the story. When I start a series I always finish it.

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments Simone wrote: "I just started reading a couple days ago. I have to say I prefer Infernal Devices better, but I needed to know the rest of the story. When I start a series I always finish it."

The Infernal Devices are most certainly the better series of the two. The writing in TID is a lot better and the characters are so much better.

Simone Francois (simonefrncs) | 29 comments I am on the chapter 17 The Shadowhunter's Tale and I am not shocked because I figured Sebastian was something different, and it would explain her sensing a connection between them and being repulsed by him. This book is on another level of crazy.

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I predicted the whole Sebastian thing from the beginning. Jocelyn's story wasn't very groundbreaking to me.

Justa This book is so amazing! I love it! In my opinion it's the best book in the series. Even knowing I just finished City of Fallen Angels :D But it's just so fbskaptos sk. Idk, all the plot turns, all things about Jace and of course CLACE. I was so happy and overwhelmed when I finished this book. And I had so many emotions while reading this: I fangirled (A LOT :D), I was happy, sad, angry anf just urrghh :D I love this book!

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I feel like CoG was the strongest book of the series, it had a very interesting plot and answered a majority of the fan's questions. A great conclusion to the first half of the series.

samyam g | 68 comments loved this book!!!especialyy the ending!but enjoyed it thorough!!!best one in the series

message 48: by Monique (new) - added it

Monique (addict-of-books) | 1 comments I have just started this one. Loving the series as a whole. Cassandra Clare is such an inspiration. I love her world of Shadowhunters and Downworlders and demons.
I have actually started this book before, but I got distracted by a new book so I never got around to finishing it. This time I will finish it. And the rest of the series. I just bought book six in the series, and I can't wait to read Infernal Devices and Cassandra's new series, set about five years after Mortal Instruments. Can't wait for that one.
Anyway, so far this book is unputdownable. I have only stopped reading it for a few minutes because my kitty decided to steal and eat my bookmark...so I thought while I'm not reading right now I'm going to go on Goodreads. And back to the book I go!!

message 49: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor Al lawati | 69 comments finished CoG yesterday .. oh my God *.* .. it was fabulous .. there were moments which had me tearing and feeling so sad & O.o
what valentine did was .. horrid but in a way i dont know .. when it came to his family its just weird .. alot of complexity regarding him .. once you would feel he loved them in his own way .. yet .. !!

*spoiler*
when Jace died .. i was WHAT THE HELL this cant be true no no no

Vanessa (bagofbooks) | 55 comments Read City of Glass about a year ago