Addicted to YA discussion

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
This topic is about City of Ashes
Series > City of Ashes

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5299 comments Mod
Share your thoughts

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) I liked this one a lot better. Alot more comes about and is explained I cant believe poor Simon becomes a vamp but he remains my favorite. I still havent got to read the third one yet so I sincerely hope that something will come about that Clary and Jace arent related. They are too perfect together.

Laura | 19 comments I really loved the book, but there's the whole brother sister problem and that just makes me sad when I read it so it wouldn't be my favorite in the series.

Laura Anderson | 75 comments Laura wrote: "I really loved the book, but there's the whole brother sister problem and that just makes me sad when I read it so it wouldn't be my favorite in the series."

Exactly- the brother/sister thing weirded me out! Especially the kiss in the faerie queen's throne room... Could there have been a better way to keep them apart?

Giochima | 10 comments Laura Lee wrote: "Laura wrote: "I really loved the book, but there's the whole brother sister problem and that just makes me sad when I read it so it wouldn't be my favorite in the series."

Exactly- the brother/sis..."

i think the book gives numerous hints to the fact that they are not related. i still do not understand how? just finished the book, about to start the 3rd.

Jennifer (alltheraeje) I was devastated at the brother/sister angle. I kept thinking "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" And poor Simon, I mean c'mon!

Sumin Better than the first book. The whole brother/sister thing surprised me but I know there will be a happy ending.

message 8: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela The brother sister thing was horrible but it was a great twist and really convincing!

message 9: by Annabel ♥ (last edited Apr 06, 2012 04:41PM) (new) - added it

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I plan to start this soon! I was SO mad that Clary and Jace were brother and sister at the end of City of Bones. I really hope that's some mistake because, I don't think I could live with Clary being with Simon. Jace is so meant for her! (Also, if they WERE brother & sister, then would have Cassandra Clare really have made them have that fling in City of Bones??) So yeah, I'm really hoping that it isn't true.

message 10: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy Stephanie wrote: "I liked this one a lot better. Alot more comes about and is explained I cant believe poor Simon becomes a vamp but he remains my favorite. I still havent got to read the third one yet so I sincerel..."

Simon really annoys me when he isn't being hilarious!

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Laura Lee wrote: "Laura wrote: "I really loved the book, but there's the whole brother sister problem and that just makes me sad when I read it so it wouldn't be my favorite in the series."

Exactly- the brother/sis..."

umm... they are not really brother and sister

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Giochima wrote: "Laura Lee wrote: "Laura wrote: "I really loved the book, but there's the whole brother sister problem and that just makes me sad when I read it so it wouldn't be my favorite in the series."

Exactl..."

Who said that Jace was the only Jonathan Christopher? It will be explained in City of Glass

message 13: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz (lookingstrongjohn) | 910 comments Cy wrote: Simon really annoys me when he isn't being hilarious!

hahahaha i know his so frustrating, although he gets kinda cool in COG :D i think besides from COB being the first book and all that, City of Ashes has to be my favorite, i dont exactly know why but it is :)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) SEELIE COURT! <3

message 15: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela No, there is too much Simon hate here! So I'm gonna jump right in a say that I love simon :D

message 16: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Beatrice wrote: "SEELIE COURT! <3"

YESSSS!!!!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) ^ The best chapter EVER!

Simone Francois (simonefrncs) | 29 comments I just finished and I enjoyed it. There is something up with the whole brother/sister thing. Valentine has shown with that whole scene with the Inquisitor he likes to play minds games with people. Do I think he raised Jace? Yes, but everyone keeps saying how they did not see the resemblance between Jace and Valentine or Jace and Jocelyn. I think Valentine is saying Jace is his son to hide what is really going on and before everyone figures it out it will be too late.

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments I personally didn't really like this one. All of this stuff with the inquisitor saving Jace's life and how he doesn't look at all like Valentine makes it seem blatantly obvious that they aren't related. Another thing, the Harry Potter similarities are killing me. Has anyone else picked up on these?

Saf  (saph95) What Harry Potter similarities have you noticed?

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments If you've heard about Clare's HP fan fiction the Draco Trilogy, a lot of characters are very similar to those from the Potter universe.

Jace=Draco
Clary= Ginny
Simon= Harry and Ron mash up
Valentine=Voldemort
Luke= Lupin
Inquisitor= Umbridge

These are the main ones. Just my perspectives

message 22: by Keisha (new)

Keisha (bellalovebug02) I am half way through this book, I love it so far an cant wait to finish the series!!

message 23: by Basma (new) - rated it 1 star

Basma | 461 comments its next on my to read list

Oumaima Bendjama I am on city of glass , i think city of ashes was amazing loved it so much ♥ Loved Jace in it WAS hilarious , Simon too , i don't want to talk much because i will be spoiling it for those who haven't read it yet , well let just say it gets better ;)

Jessica Dixon-Langford | 24 comments I loved the book, I have read all five that are out and awaiting the sixth. It is one of my favorites of all time. :) The books have you hooked from the beginning. :

Courtney Just finished it, and I thought it was really good. I cant wait to start City of Glass :)

Morgan | 6 comments I love it! I died when I thought Simon was dead! But why can't be Alec and Jace get it on and Simon and Clary? Well done Cassandra, you've ruined my ship.

samyam g | 68 comments Courtney wrote: "Just finished it, and I thought it was really good. I cant wait to start City of Glass :)"

it is the best one!!!hope u enjoy it!!!

message 29: by Ash (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ash | 18 comments CoHF needs to come out soon

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

@Ash, I love your profile picture!!!!!

message 31: by Shy (new) - added it

Shy (shyanner) This book was my favorite and I think better then all of the other books.

Lavender (lavendertranquil) Its so much better...
The story plot is not as normal as the first book.

Vanessa (bagofbooks) | 55 comments Enjoyed this book. Just wish u could get all the books to this series in one book! Even if only for Ebooks.

Claudia Martinez | 123 comments Nika Lea wrote: "Loved the book and at the time I read it I was so convinced and sad that they are siblings. I also was devasted that Simon became a vampire."

Same here!! But I wasn't that much convinced they were siblings, since they were perfect for each other

Georgia (georgiabarber) | 11 comments I love the malec in CoA! And yeah it's definitely better than the first book, although of the whole series I think City of Glass is probably my favourite!