Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11) Stunning question

Is the series becoming too long?
Gabriel Laurent Gabriel Laurent Feb 14, 2012 01:45PM
I'm just curious to know if I'm the only one who feels like the last 4 books of the series weren't really necessary? Well, not unnecessary, but they haven't been able to keep my interest piqued as much as the first 8.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the first part of the series, but I'm a tad annoyed by all the twists and turns these books have (not to mention the fact that I was saddened by Ezra's portrayal in the last book, but that's besides the point, ha!).

I feel like there's something different with these books, but I can't really put my finger on it. Has anyone else felt this way?

Anyway, what do you guys think?

No and Yes i think they are becoming long and sometimes boring, but other times show me why it, is by far some one of the best series I've ever read.

Considering i paid $21.99 for this one and finished it within 3 hours. I didn't think it was one of the best....

tenzin I really loved Sara Sheperds books. I loved them so much that I got addicted (total book-worm). For the first 8 books i chased after them meaning I re ...more
Jul 26, 2013 03:24PM · flag

I totally agree with you! These recent books haven't been as good as the first 8 books.

You're so right. They're so unneccessary now. But of course I'll continue reading just to see what happens. I feel what with the tv series being so popular now that the books are selling and so the series has been continued. Although I have to say i'm not happy with the tv series being changed so much from the books. I don't feel sorry for them anymore like I used to. They killed someone for crying out loud. Well, Aria did but for some reason the other girls are acting like they all physically pushed her. I agree with you about Ezra as well. He just changed out of the blue. I never liked him and Aria anyways.

YES !!! SAME STUFF OVER AGAIN !

Yeah. It could have stopped and been fine. Isn't there supposed to be twelve books?

Haha. I just thought of something. Even if the 12th book is the last, and A permantly disappears, those girls are going to have a seriously messed up life. Some deep psychological issues. That could be a series all by it's self! Although I really enjoy the series, it's one of my favorites, it is time for it to end. A needs to die so nothing else can happen.

Oh yes, completely. I'm pretty sure the only reason Sara Shepard wrote four more is to continue the TV series. The original eight were fantastic and the eighth tied up the series nicely. I feel like she tried to reopen a closed book and add another storyline with the last four. I lost interest.

she needs to end the series soon because it's like never ending

It is a good series. But, yes. I really hope Burned is the last book!

Well yes the series should have ended at book eight bc book nine and ten were awful but i did enjoy the latest book. But i hope she does stop at book 12 bc how much longet can these girls get stalked without one of them habing a nervous breakdown or one of them getting killed

Way too long. I stopped twenty pages into this one.

yes the next should be last i dont want to be 50 by the time the last one comes out

Gabriel Laurent It's going to be the new Babysitter's Club! Stay tuned for Book #75, where 45 year old Aria starts dating a 17 year old camp counselor.............. ...more
Sep 05, 2012 07:07AM · flag

deleted member Aug 20, 2012 04:47AM   0 votes
yes!!!!its way to long, and there's going to be more then one more book which is very annoyingm I think teh author might jsut be doing it now for the money of making the book more, cuz what happens in them is NOT important!the only reason I read them is cuz I want to know who A is