Addicted to YA discussion

Character Romances > Peeta, Gale, and Katniss

Comments Showing 1-50 of 187 (187 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What do you think of them?

message 2: by Annabel ♥ (new)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I like Peeta better as a person, but I like Gale for Katniss. Peeta is good for Katniss, but I don't think that they're meant for each other.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Newman | 12 comments Peeta all the way!

message 4: by Noelle (new)

Noelle Walker Peeta 100%!!!!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Peeta and Katniss were meant for each other.

message 6: by Caterina (new)

Caterina (kiwicara) | 8 comments I adore Gale and Peeta. I think they both appeal to the different sides of Katniss, and I can totally see why she loved both of them. Love all three! Can't wait for the movie!

message 7: by Amie (new)

Amie | 25 comments i don't understand why more people don't love Gale!? i think him and katniss are perfect for eachother; they had the same upbringing and understand each other :)

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Peeta and Katniss are perfect together. If they weren't she would have not chose him in the end. I mean she could have tracked down Gale if she really loved him, but she didn't. Plus she even said that what she really needs is not Gale, its Peeta.
Peeta all the way! :-)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree and Gale didn't come back for her either.

message 10: by Jasmeen (new)

Jasmeen Peeta

message 11: by Ela (last edited Apr 22, 2012 02:10AM) (new)

Ela was teetering towards team Gale for most of the books but at the end he just abandoned her so i am 100 percent team Peeta :)

message 12: by Kati (new)

Kati (woodkati6) i love all three of them. they were all amazing characters and i absolutely loved that peeta and katniss ended up together. i'm not a gale hater at all, i just loved peeta more. and ofcourse katniss is just epic!

message 13: by Miah (new)

Miah When I first read the book I was team Gale hands down. I thought he was perfect for Katniss because I'm a big sucker for childhood love and what not. and I dont agree with everyone when they say Gale abandoned her. He didnt, he just couldnt go back because Katniss hated him for making the bombs that killed prim. I do like Peeta for Katniss now that I've read the books 4 or 5 times, but I still think Gale was meant for her <3

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura Anderson | 75 comments Miah wrote: "When I first read the book I was team Gale hands down. I thought he was perfect for Katniss because I'm a big sucker for childhood love and what not. and I dont agree with everyone when they say Ga..."

I totally agree! I was team Gale until it was clear that the author made sure that Gale was no longer an option. Ah, well. I still like Peeta- I think he's great for her. Especially in her very fragile post-war state.

message 15: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (victorialove) | 5 comments Gale was , to me atleast, a brother to Katniss. I really liked him until he started kissing her. It kinda got akward then.

message 16: by Webiny (new)

Webiny Kylee wrote: "Yea but katniss and peeta have a click together they may b a lil different but there perfect for each otha"

Yeah she chose peeta in the end, but if u think about it, by the time katniss had been through all of that chaos by the end of Mockingjay, it wasn't about love anymore. She had bigger fish to fry what with her emotional recovery and all. So technically, who she ended up with wasn't critically important. But yeah I agree with u it was better that she and peeta stuck together bcuz really Gale wasn't around for most of her more harrowing experiences and peeta was.

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan (tardisreader) | 3 comments let's be honest is this really a romance between the three. I mean yeah Gale had something for Katniss. But, it's always been about Peeta and Katniss.

message 18: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 46 comments I think it was just that there was really no other option for Katniss except for Gale that gives us the "triangle" issue. She wasn't looking for romance, remember she didn't even want to have kids, and she was only 16 or 17. And Gale didn't show any romantic interest until she showed a preference for Peeta in the games (which was an act). And you can't really say that Gale "tried" to gain her love. He just kind of let her do whatever. I didn't feel like he was really hurt at all at the very end of it all, especially the way he just accepted and didn't try to change her mind.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rsviolet) | 5 comments I always disliked how gale disappeared at the end of mockingjay.

message 20: by Zohal (new)

Zohal Peeta and Katniss all the way

message 21: by Mary-ann (new)

Mary-ann Torres | 9 comments I say gale.

message 22: by E. (new)

E. Mellyberry (emellyberry) Peeta all the way! But I mean, Peeta the book's version. The Peeta on the movie version was kinda...er different (=weak, clingy, needy).
I dont understand Gale's behaviour at the end of the mockingjay. So, he just abandoned her like that? Seems a bit too harsh for me...

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Peeta in the movie version was awesome :)

message 24: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katrinarose) I honestly couldn't decide between Peeta and Gale until I read The Girl on Fire. Then the answer became obvious to me. You should read that book, it gives great insight.

message 25: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (ChloeandBooks) | 138 comments Gale in the movie made me cry, when he saw Peeta and Katniss kiss. I don't like what they do to Gale at the end of Mockingjay.

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments I think Gale and Katniss would have torn each other apart in the long run. All the Game players are so damaged by their experiece that I can't see them ever being able to connect with anyone who hasn't survived the Games.

message 27: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I agree with Anna!

message 28: by ♥Kel (new)

♥Kel (kelsimai) | 94 comments Anna wrote: "I think Gale and Katniss would have torn each other apart in the long run. All the Game players are so damaged by their experiece that I can't see them ever being able to connect with anyone who h..."

u r so right. like Peeta understands her pain, he've been through that, and i'm sure he would know how to help her. He seen wat she's been through, at home and in the arena, he understands.

message 29: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
I don't think anyone other than Peeta would understand her because Gale has never been in the hunger games and Peeta has so Peeta's dealing with the same stuff as Katniss and even though Gale wants to help her he doesn't know how and he doesn't understand it as well as Peeta does.

message 30: by cy (new)

cy ^^ Soo true!

Peeta is the sweetest, sexiest boy ever!!! Him and Katniss all the way!

message 31: by Ela (new)

Ela Anna wrote: "I think Gale and Katniss would have torn each other apart in the long run. All the Game players are so damaged by their experiece that I can't see them ever being able to connect with anyone who h..."

Totally right.

message 32: by Kal G (new)

Kal G I don't know why I don't like Peeta so much but hey. I say Gale and Katniss all the the way.

message 33: by Vrushali (new)

Vrushali (vrushali_m) | 43 comments i agree with anna...
in the long run gale and katniss would have been a disaster...

message 34: by Kortni (new)

Kortni | 21 comments Peeta all the way

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura | 19 comments I think that Gale actually belongs with Katniss...they work easily together, Peeta doesn't have the excitement Katniss needs. I think with Peeta she will feel too cooped up. Gale gives her a certain freedom in my opinion.

message 36: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Ashley | 2 comments I think that if Katniss did not have Peeta in her life she still would not be with Gale, because she never experienced love before Peeta (whether she loved him or not) Does that make since?

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Completely Brooke...

message 38: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I always thought that Gale was pretty boring after he started his life working in the mines. He was so hard and mean. He changed for the worse. Where as Peeta survived the hunger games and was still his kind, loving, and protecting self. Even through hardship he strived to see the good in his life. Katniss. And it kept him himself.

message 39: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I very much agree with Cy on the fact that Peeta is sexier!!<3

message 40: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments :)

message 41: by Maddy (last edited Jun 04, 2012 04:00AM) (new)

Maddy | 30 comments I am totally team Peeta. For one, he is totally sexier and he is also just kinder and more of a person I would want to be with. He's also played by Josh Hutcherson in the movie. What more could you ask for? :)
Someday my Peeta will come<3

message 42: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments :D oh maddy

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Gale! I just think Peeta's better for Katniss. Gale and Katniss are just too much the same, I don't know hoe well that would work. I think Gale will be able to find somebody much better for him, but I think Peeta needs Katniss as much as she needs him.

message 44: by Rebekkah (new)

Rebekkah Ford | 50 comments At first I thought Katniss and Gale should be together, but as I kept reading the series, it came clear that Peeta is much better for Katniss. He grounds her. Also, by nature he's calm and mentally centered, and I think that helps quell Katniss' grief and turbulent emotions.

message 45: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (yerawizardamanda) Peeta all the way for me. I like Gale but like he's like fire to Katniss and only would ignite revenge and anger in her but Peeta is the Dandelion in the spring. He centers her and I think in all makes her a better person, the fighter she is. It was her sister her helped push her to volunteer to save her, but it was Peeta that her her alive and going. I love them together.

message 46: by Amber (new)

Amber Garza | 14 comments Peeta!!!

message 47: by Devora (new)

Devora | 20 comments Peeta!

message 48: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (theycallmebookworm) Initially I was all for Gale in the first book and about half of the second. But then with the 'complications' in Mockingjay, (view spoiler) I was sitting on the fence. I now kind of think that Peeta is good for her...

message 49: by Devora (new)

Devora | 20 comments :)

message 50: by Amaris (new)

Amaris (nerdy_girl) | 6 comments Peeta since he'd do anything for Katniss, Gale only cares about the cause..

« previous 1 3 4