Addicted to YA discussion

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
This topic is about Clockwork Angel
Character Romances > Will, Tessa, and Jem

Comments Showing 1-50 of 121 (121 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Feb 14, 2012 01:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What do you think about Will, Tessa, and Jem?

Ophelia ॐ Its gotta be Will and Jem! I know this is cruel, but Tessa and Jem just CAN'T get married!!!

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Ophelia wrote: "Its gotta be Will and Jem! I know this is cruel, but Tessa and Jem just CAN'T get married!!!"

IKR!!

WILL AND TESSA FOREVER!! :) I love the love triangle! IT REALLY IS A TRIANGLE! -Will and jem love each other too! -and that is what makes the love triangle so much more aching and painful for me!!

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Fari wrote: "Noor wrote: "Ophelia wrote: "Its gotta be Will and Jem! I know this is cruel, but Tessa and Jem just CAN'T get married!!!"

IKR!!

WILL AND TESSA FOREVER!! :) I love the love triangle! IT REALLY IS..."

ME TOO! I like Jem to be happy as well despite the fact that I love Will

Zohal Will and tessa :) ♥

message 6: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy SHE SHOULD HAVE CHOSEN WILL, GRRR CAN'T SHE SEE WHAT SHE'S JUST CHUCKED AWAY

Nicole Sanglay (speckintheuniverse) | 92 comments They're my favorite love triangle. And I'd love for Tessa to end up with Will! I still think it's Will and Tessa in the end despite the developments between Tessa and Jem in Clockwork Prince. <3

message 8: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D (dalena) | 80 comments This is the most well written love triangle I have ever read. Personally, I love Will, and want Tessa to be with him. However, I do agree that it is cruel to drag poor Jem into the equation.

I think it will end up as Will and Tessa, I really hope it does!♥

message 9: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy I really do hope so. Other wise I will chuck it at the wall...

Laura | 19 comments Will and Tessa must be together!!! I don't know what I'd do if they aren't by the end of Clockwork Princess...

message 11: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma (ehorwath) | 6 comments Fari wrote: "Noor wrote: "Ophelia wrote: "Its gotta be Will and Jem! I know this is cruel, but Tessa and Jem just CAN'T get married!!!"

IKR!!

WILL AND TESSA FOREVER!! :) I love the love triangle! IT REALLY IS..."

Cassandra Clare is truly an absolute genius writer! This is how you write a love triangle, wher you are completely and utterly caught in between the two guys/ girls. And as much as I love Jem, having Tessa be with Will would just make my day!!!! I love Will and Tessa!

Annie | 6 comments WILL AND TESSA 4EVA! jem.... isnt suitable for tessa

message 13: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Emma wrote: "Cassandra Clare is truly an absolute genius writer! This is how you write a love triangle, wher you are completely and utterly caught in between the two guys/ girls. And as much as I love Jem, having Tessa be with Will would just make my day!!!! I love Will and Tessa! !..."

Another thing that makes it a good triangle is the fact that Will and Jem have brotherly love too! And they would both do anything for the other!! It makes it harder to break one of they're hearts! :(

message 14: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma i am reading clockwork prince and the love triangle is killing me! i love jem, he is nice to everyone, but he should not be with tessa! what's with will anyway, he is so mean to everyone, i know he has a curse, but what is it?

message 15: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma gahhhhhhh! i just finished clockwork prince!!!! this is terrible!!!!! i can't pick a team! but the one thing i know is that tessa cannot marry jem. i'm sorry, but if jem died, it would make everything a whole lot easier. also, were there any giveaways about who tessa ends up with in the mortal instruments series?

message 16: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma and wouldn't will and jem grow old and tessa stay young? wouldn't tessa still be living in the mortal instruments?

message 17: by Noor (last edited Jul 07, 2012 12:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Emma3501 wrote: "and wouldn't will and jem grow old and tessa stay young? wouldn't tessa still be living in the mortal instruments?"

Yes unless one of them becomes immortal or a silent brother, the latter I doubt

message 18: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Emma3501 wrote: "gahhhhhhh! i just finished clockwork prince!!!! this is terrible!!!!! i can't pick a team! but the one thing i know is that tessa cannot marry jem. i'm sorry, but if jem died, it would make everyth..."

No if Jem died it would seem like a sort of betrayal if will and Tessa get together. As if they waited for him to die. It's kinda like cheating on your wife who has cancer. Plus will loves Jem. He would never betray him! Here's a quote from CP that proves just that, "He would not betray Jem, even after death"

message 19: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Noor wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "and wouldn't will and jem grow old and tessa stay young? wouldn't tessa still be living in the mortal instruments?"

Yes unless one of them becomes immortal or a silent brother, th..."

but what about brother zachariah? i'm thinking he is definitely will or jem. also, tessa is alive in the mortal instruments, which means she is immortal. and jem had a kid. this is proven in the paragraph for the dark artifices, the new shadowhunter series that cassandra clare is writing, says that the main character's name is Emma Carstairs! oh, god! jem has a kid! this either means that tessa is not a warlock and had a kid with jem, or that jem had a baby with someone else!

message 20: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana | 35 comments If Tessa has a child with Jem then who does Will have a child with...?

message 21: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma i don't think she ends up with jem.

message 22: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma will is the person she will end up with, i'm pretty sure. if she was going to end up with jem, then cassandra clare would have made jem rescue her from the pandemonium club!

message 23: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Ana wrote: "If Tessa has a child with Jem then who does Will have a child with...?"

jem could have had a kid with anybody. also, do you know if there are any references in the mortal instruments about the infernal devices that are really interesting. such as: who does tessa end up with?

message 24: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma in one of the books doesn't it say that will and tessa ended up together, but the reason they didn't have a baby was because tessa is a warlock?

message 25: by Noor (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor (noor_a) | 197 comments Emma3501 wrote: "but what about brother zachariah? i'm thinking he is definitely will or jem. also, tessa is alive in the mortal instruments, which means she is immortal. and jem had a kid. this is proven in the paragraph for the dark artifices, the new shadowhunter series that cassandra clare is writing, says that the main character's name is Emma Carstairs! oh, god! jem has a kid! this either means that tessa is not a warlock and had a kid with jem, or that jem had a baby with someone else!"

I know all the evidence points to will and Jem being bro Z but Cassie is never predictable (in ID) and so I doubt they are bro z. She even said something like 'you guys are thinking exactly how I want you to think' so she is trying to mislead us! It's definitely not Jem or will.... I see what you mean about Emma but there could be any other carstairs' in the world (some distant cousin maybe). I don't think either Jem or will will fall in love with anyone else. It's the end of the series. Too late to add someone to this triangle. Also both Jem and will love Tessa so much that they cannot simply forget her. So if Jem does have a kid it will be with Tessa and if will has a kid it will be with Tessa. The question is which one?

message 26: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noor wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "but what about brother zachariah? i'm thinking he is definitely will or jem. also, tessa is alive in the mortal instruments, which means she is immortal. and jem had a kid. this is..."

But I thought Tessa couldn't have kids!

message 27: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana | 35 comments I agree with Noor in that I really don't think Jem or Will becomes Brother Zachariah. I used to think it would be Jem but right now I am convinced that Jem will have a child before he dies (and bro z says he never did)

Also, although I think it is highly unlikely that Tessa can reproduce, the possibility has not completely been ruled out..or has it? until we know for certain that Cassie herself has said that Tessa is definitely infertile we can't really rule out the possibility of her having children.

message 28: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Erika wrote: "Noor wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "but what about brother zachariah? i'm thinking he is definitely will or jem. also, tessa is alive in the mortal instruments, which means she is immortal. and jem had a..."

she can't! ...or can she? who knows what will happen?!!!!! maybe cassandra clare will make her turn out to actually be half shadowhunter half warlock or just warlock or just shadowhunter.

message 29: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma3501 wrote: "Erika wrote: "Noor wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "but what about brother zachariah? i'm thinking he is definitely will or jem. also, tessa is alive in the mortal instruments, which means she is immortal...."

I bet she's half shadowhunter and half warlock that would make sense because she has no warlock mark and no normal shadowhunter can do what she can

message 30: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Erika wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "Erika wrote: "Noor wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "but what about brother zachariah? i'm thinking he is definitely will or jem. also, tessa is alive in the mortal instruments, which means..."

yes, but how did she survive being born????? also, i am dying to know what other connections/mentions people have found in the mortal instruments series about the infernal devices series, so do you know of any? because i don't really want to reread the series to find out for myself.

message 31: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma3501 wrote: "Erika wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "Erika wrote: "Noor wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "but what about brother zachariah? i'm thinking he is definitely will or jem. also, tessa is alive in the mortal instrument..."

Connections? Like when Jace finds the book that Will wrote "with hope at last" in? Ummm...Alec and Will look alike so that might mean that Jace and the Lightwoods are long lost relatives and that Cecily ends up with one of the Lightwood brothers in TID.

message 32: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma i hope cecily ends up with gabriel, otherwise sophie won't have gideon. which book did will write with hope at last in?

message 33: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

City of Lost Souls. Jace was reading Clary the book and then she pointed out that Will Herondale had had the book because he wrote in it.

message 34: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma no i mean which actual book. like the tale of two cities or whatever. one of the ones he was talking about with tessa. also, in city of lost souls, does it say the whole message he wrote?

message 35: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jul 08, 2012 08:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I think it was the tale of two cities book and it only had "With hope at last, William Herondale" in CoLS

message 36: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma oh really? i was on a website and it said this:

“Tess, Tess, Tessa.
Was there ever a more beautiful sound than your name? To speak it aloud makes my heart ring like a bell. Strange to imagine that, isn’t it – a heart ringing – but when you touch me that is what it is like: as if my heart is ringing in my chest and the sound shivers down my veins and splinters my bones with joy.
Why have I written these words in this book? Because of you. You taught me to love this book where I had scorned it. When I read it for the second time, with an open mind and heart, I felt the most complete despair and envy of Sydney Carton. Yes, Sydney, for even if he had no hope that the woman he loved would love him, at least he could tell her of his love. At least he could do something to prove his passion, even if that thing was to die.
I would have chosen death for a chance to tell you the truth, Tessa, if I could have been assured that death would be my own. And that is why I envied Sydney, for he was free.
And now at last I am free, and I can finally tell you, without fear of danger to you, all that I feel in my heart.
You are not the last dream of my soul.
You are the first dream, the only dream I ever was unable to stop myself from dreaming. You are the first dream of my soul, and from that dream I hope will come all other dreams, a lifetime’s worth.
With hope at last,
Will Herondale

message 37: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah I think one of my TID books has that as an extra but in CoLS it only says "with hope at last, William Herondale"

message 38: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma really?!!!!!!! i own both of them, but the only extra i got was magnus's vow in clockwork angel!

message 39: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jul 08, 2012 08:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Well I didn't get Magnus's vow because I got CA at a book signing. I'm going to go check my copy just to make sure I'm not imagining things...

Yeah I have that letter in the back of my CP book right after Will's letter to his family. It might be because it says on the cover its a collector's first edition.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I got the Collector's Addition.

Amber Garza | 14 comments Will!!! No question, I want Tessa to be with Will.

message 42: by Gabb (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gabb (goodreadscomgabb) | 1 comments On Cassandra Clare's website she tells you what store carries what "special content" for whenever a new book is released. Every store has different "special content". On the website she says that after like 6 months after the book is published she will put all the "special content" on so everyone can see it.

Dreamerforever2679 | 13 comments Boy do I have a lot to say about this one. I love Will. I love Jem. I love Tessa. In Clockwork Angel, I honestly saw no hint of Jem being in love with Tessa. Maybe that was just me but I just didn't see it. But I have loved Jem from the beginning (I even shipped him with Sophie in CA but then Gideon came along in CP...plus he was in love with Tessa so...). In Clockwork Princess when I found out he was in love with her I was...surprised. I saw them as just friends. Their romantic relationship is pretty cute, I have to say. There is passion there as well, of course. But I just prefer Will with Tessa. I think Will and Tessa are very alike in some ways but different enough that they could work together. I think Jem and Tessa would work romantically too however I personally prefer Will/Tessa. To me Will and Tessa's relationship is much more passionate and interesting. I also think that because Jem seemed to have fallen in love with Tessa out of nowhere (for me anyway cause I didn't notice him having any romantic feelings for her in CA), it seems that Will has loved her longer making him the obvious choice. I honestly don't know how I want Clockwork Princess to end,though. I want Will to end up with Tessa but I don't want Jem's heart to be broken. I suppose that Jem could find someone else but that seems very unlikely. You never know with Cassandra Clare,though. She could make it happen somehow. Whatever happens CP2 is certainly going to be an interesting book for the Will/Tessa/Jem love triangle.

Dreamerforever2679 | 13 comments Annie wrote: "WILL AND TESSA 4EVA! jem.... isnt suitable for tessa"

I'd just like to say that I think it's awesome that you have the same name as me and ship Will/Tessa as well. :)

Helen Hmmmmmm, I will always want Will to be with Tessa. I think it's because they remind me of Jace and Clary. Jem breaks my heart. I don't want him to be hurt though.

Remember as well that Will has a sister, she could have carried on the Herondale line.

message 46: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Helen wrote: "Hmmmmmm, I will always want Will to be with Tessa. I think it's because they remind me of Jace and Clary. Jem breaks my heart. I don't want him to be hurt though.

Remember as well that Will has a..."

But then Jace wouldn't have the last name Herondale so Jace has to be directly related to Will.

Helen Erika wrote: "Helen wrote: "Hmmmmmm, I will always want Will to be with Tessa. I think it's because they remind me of Jace and Clary. Jem breaks my heart. I don't want him to be hurt though.

Remember as well t..."

Haha! Bloody obvious! I should think before I type :)

message 48: by Farhia (new) - added it

Farhia (farhia97) | 183 comments I almost died when Jem walked into the room to propose because right before that Will just found out his curse was a lie. I know Jem is nice and all, but Will and Tessa are meant for each other <3

message 49: by Farhia (new) - added it

Farhia (farhia97) | 183 comments why thank you Fari :)

message 50: by Ela (last edited Dec 11, 2012 10:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela Fari wrote: "Farhia wrote: "I almost died when Jem walked into the room to propose because right before that Will just found out his curse was a lie. I know Jem is nice and all, but Will and Tessa are meant for..."

Yes! me too.
When Will found out the curse was fake, I was basically screaming at him to get his arse over there before it was too late....and he DIDN'T!!!!

« previous 1 3