This topic is about The Hunger Games
Series > The Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 103 (103 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5168 comments Mod
Likes? Dislikes? Favorite characters?

message 2: by Del (new) - rated it 4 stars

Del (delonfire) | 2 comments I've just read the first book and I'm completely taken with Peeta. I wish Gale would have more screen time in the second book.

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Desiree wrote: "I've just read the first book and I'm completely taken with Peeta. I wish Gale would have more screen time in the second book."

I felt the same way when I first read the Hunger Games but I'm kind of glad Gale wasn't a huge character!

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) I absolutely loved this series and hope to se more from Collins. Peeta had my heart from the start and I am glad too that Gale wasnt a huge character. I think my favorite character in this one is definitely Katniss.

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments This was my ABSOLUTE favorite book that I've read so far this year. And my favorite in the series!! It was so good, and I would read it again and again!

Elena Dillon (elenadillon) | 9 comments I wasn't sure I was going to like this book. It took me a few chapters to get into it and then I just loved it!

Sarah Newman | 12 comments I adore this book more then any others in the series. I was rooting for Peeta from the start and can't wait for the movie.

message 8: by ~T~ (new) - rated it 5 stars

~T~ (tasheana23) I finished the second book last night. Diving into the third one today. LOVE the series. I'm sad that it's almost done!

Jack | 113 comments I had read Collin's Gregor the Overlander series before this, so I was expecting something good. I wasn't disappointed. The characters and story drew me in, and I finished it in a day. Then I read it again. This book is one of my favorites. I wish the rest were all like it.

I'm not looking forward to the movie though, because the only way it could accurately portray what happened in the book would be if it was rated R, in which case I couldn't see it anyway.
Besides, movies hardly ever do a book justice.

message 10: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack wrote: "I had read Collin's Gregor the Overlander series before this, so I was expecting something good. I wasn't disappointed. The characters and story drew me in, and I finished it in a day. Then I read ..."

I agree that most movies don't do a book justice but I feel that this movie will be really good even if it leaves out a few parts

Sarah Newman | 12 comments I honestly think the first book will translate well to movies. It seems like it was written with that in mind.

Caron Rider | 46 comments I couldn't agree more! The movie should be fabulous unless Hollywood screws it up!

Laura | 19 comments I love love love GALE!! I really just can't stand Peeta. And I shall not try and offend Peeta lovers, but he's kinda lame. Katniss had to save him 2 or 3 times in JUST the first book! I like Gale because he's the madman who blows things up!! HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THAT!??! :D

Michael Mullin (michaelmullin) I was late to the dance on these stories, but - like Harry Potter - I think they deserve all the hype they are getting. Very imaginative, and although based on (inspired by?) the Japanese story, it's the characters that make these books more than just popcorn/action. (I know that's a movie term, but you know what I mean....)

Marisol | 18 comments i still hadn't finished the book but i think that my favorite character is Katniss. i disliked the part when katniss heard Peeta voice in the wood and he was with the career tributes.

message 16: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Mar 14, 2012 12:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bailey wrote: "not sure if i should read these bbooks.............?"

These books are amazing! Highly recommended!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Yes, they are one of my favorite series! The movie comes out in 9 days, too!

message 18: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela I DEFINATELY recommned these books, they are jawdropping!
my favourite character was Cinna <3

Lorna-Rose Davidson | 5 comments Ela wrote: "I DEFINATELY recommned these books, they are jawdropping!
my favourite character was Cinna <3"

Cinna was an amazing character, so brave!

Lorna-Rose Davidson | 5 comments Peeta was definitely my favourite character, he was the most human I think...

message 21: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

My favorites were Rue and Peeta. I just loved both of them even though Rue was only in the first book

message 22: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela For me, though I love Rue, it was more about Katniss's relationship with Rue than Rue as an individual

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

one of my all time favourite books, i mean katniss is the queen of heroines

message 24: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Sns wrote: "one of my all time favourite books, i mean katniss is the queen of heroines"

I agree,I love how 'human' she is

message 25: by Lexi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexi (readinglush) I really though Rue was a wonderful character, and Peeta is the sweetest guy. I caught myself a few times yelling at Katniss to open her eyes to what she actually felt.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

In the first book I hated Peeta so much. When I kept reading I decided I liked him better than Gale.

Jennifer (AllTheRaeje) Erika wrote: "My favorites were Rue and Peeta. I just loved both of them even though Rue was only in the first book"

I loved Rue. I was really glad that if she had to die, Katniss wasn't the one to kill her. I was very sad to see her go though.

Rachael (r4ch4elreads) I have only recently read this and I can't wait to get started with the next two. I absolutely agree that Rue is a wonderful character. I think the whole Peeta storyline in this is just so sad, I feel so sorry for him that Katniss just doesn't get it...

message 29: by Lara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lara | 2 comments I just finished the first book and I cannot believe it took me this long to find out about the series! I finished it in two days... I couldn't put it down! I am very interested in the Peeta story line. It's such a tragic love story... and the reality that Katniss doesn't see what is right in front of her. I feel like that situation is very relatable. Rue was an absolute treat as well. I cannot wait to start the next book to find out what happens next!

Caron Rider | 46 comments I think Peeta had me when he burnt the bread to give to her and then "the look" in the school yard. That tells you all you need to know about his character. Just left me with a sense of longing and hopefulness for him.

message 31: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Daniell (saradaniell) | 40 comments This book was my favorite in the whole series, although all books were great! It took me a while to find this series too. So happy I did! I already have my tickets bought and am anxiously waiting for March 24th! :)

message 32: by harriet (new)

harriet (harriet64) I got March 23rd tickets and me and 6 of my friends are gonna be walking to the cinema straight from school xx I am sooo excited

message 33: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela March 25th!

message 34: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth (beth_jones8) march 22nd!

message 35: by J.D. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.D. Field (jdfield) | 5 comments I've just started, can't believe I'm so late. To commemorate I've been playing with this website 'Storify' and I put together a hunger Games story. It needs work, but I'd really like to know what you think...
http://storify.com/jdfieldstories/the...

message 36: by harriet (new)

harriet (harriet64) Beth wrote: "march 22nd!"

how?????? i thought it only came out on the 23???????

message 37: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth (beth_jones8) i live in Australia. i'll see it about a day before its released in america and i'm not even going to the midnight session

message 38: by harriet (new)

harriet (harriet64) luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

message 39: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Daniell (saradaniell) | 40 comments ooooo no fair!!!!!!!!! I have to wait until the 24th..only day I could find a babysitter and husband is off work.

Sydney Ok, so the movie is comingout on the 23rd...I AM SOOOO EXCITED! As you all must know, the books are usually WAY better than the movies, so Im curious to see how it`ll turn out...I already have my doubts...

Sydney I loooooove Peeta!!! But Haymitch is hilarious!!

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 11 comments this is my first time reading the books in time for the movie. now is this a zombie setting or just apocalyptic?

Stacey | 15 comments Late to the whole hunger games series! Received it as a gift a while ago but I don't know why I didn't read it sooner! I'm barely finishing the first book that I started reading ysterday but I love it so far!

message 44: by Shae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) So, um, I'm posting this here and in the books-to-movies section because I'm not sure where it's more appropriate, but I just found some (in my opinion) pretty awesome B-roll footage from the movie on YouTube. And yeah, it's legit.

http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012...

Diana Murdock | 4 comments I've only read the first one in the series, but I'm looking forward to the movie. Perfectly set up for a it!

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments This is my fav book EVER!!!! The characters I like the most are probably Peeta and Rue.

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} (lisbethavery) For some reason, I just didn't like the book. It was ok, just didn't capture me the way HP or The Gone Series/Michael Grant did.

My favorite characters are Rue and Cinna.

message 48: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy I think book 1 is my favorite of the 3. Totally in love with Peeta <3 though I like Gale. Loved Rue T.T so sad.

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 11 comments this is my first time reading the hunger games currently on book #1 and I am loving it.

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Oh yeah I love prim too!

« previous 1 3