The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
This topic is about The Angel Experiment
Series > The Angel Experiment

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5184 comments Mod
What did you think of it?

Lily Is this series good? I've been meaning to read it, but I have so much on my reading list.

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Feb 22, 2012 03:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5184 comments Mod
The first three books are amazing but after that the series kind of changes but its still good!
I would read it just because Max is so awesome! I don't know if this will change anything but the last book is coming out this year.

Emma Mecham (emmagmecham) I LOVE THIS SERIES! SO good! I need to read Angel and Fang. CAN'T wait for the movie!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

The first three books are awesome, but then it starts going downhill, well maybe just the fourth book, I still love the series, though.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rsviolet) | 5 comments I really liked the first three books, especially the third, but stopped reading during the middle of the final warning because I became bored.

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments Love these books! At first when I was done reading The Hunger Games I was scared that I wouldn't find a series that I really liked after it. But I read the first seven books amazed. :)

message 8: by cy (new) - rated it 3 stars

cy This one is one of the best i reckon, even though there's only a little bit of Fax

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I'm reading this now and it's rreally good!

Olivia (olivia1395) I really liked it:) This whole series was great and I can't wait for the last one! Even though they kind of make me mad...

message 11: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela Read the first two and they're good fun. Angel is cute and intriguing...

message 12: by Amie (new)

Amie | 25 comments This series is beautiful! :)

message 13: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1543 comments Mod
I only read this book cause it was a free ebook a couple years ago. I was pretty good, angel was so cute and they're all interesting characters. When they're flying out of the new York sewers at the end I thought was a pretty interesting and a bit unexpected twist. I just haven't gotten around to reading the other books yet and not sure if I will...

Winnie G (thebookassassin) | 36 comments Just finished reading this and looking forward to the second book :D

message 15: by 'Sabell (new)

'Sabell (isabellamoi) | 3 comments I've been meaning to read it for quite some time but still haven't gotten around to reading it..it's one of those books (for me) that i start off reeeeaaallly wanting to read and then just forget about and lose interest in - all without reading

Sydney I'm currently reading this book...it's pretty good so far, but it started fast!!!

Sydney OK, just finished this book...I loooved it!!! I can`t wait to read the next one!

Webiny Sydney wrote: "OK, just finished this book...I loooved it!!! I can`t wait to read the next one!"
Yep. And the next two are really great as well. But after that the quality diminishes noticeably particularly in the final warning. Still the series is amazing. :)

message 19: by Marie (new)

Marie | 74 comments I've been meaning to read this series for a while,especially now that all the books are out. What kind of books is it?

Lady Poppy | 0 comments I liked this book a lot! Currently on the second one.

Kelsey Sorry, this book is not for me. First, the author tries to write like a teen, that's just the first thing that makes max sound so sassy. Have you ever read a sci-fi book that you hated so much because the author kept creating random weapons or ability that has supernatural powers for example changing other's mind, this book does exactly that. If you are not bothered by any of that, go ahead and read the book. Again, I really was disappointed after reading this book.

message 22: by Mini (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mini well the first six books in the series are really gud but after that the books seem really boring and stretched ..........
btw angel experiment was awesum !

message 23: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly | 523 comments Mini wrote: "well the first six books in the series are really gud but after that the books seem really boring and stretched ..........
btw angel experiment was awesum !"

I liked the first 3 books and Nevermore. But, that would make sense though because after the first 3 books they were ghost written by various other authors. i.e. not James Patterson.

Emily (tmi_lover26) | 16 comments The first few books are amazing. I seriously loved them. Then it just kinda gets really repetitive. I was dying for some new twists instead of the same ones over and over again.
It didn't help that the ending of the series sucked ass.

message 25: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly | 523 comments Annalisia wrote: "The first book was so good and original, but the others got worse as it went along. There were so many loose ends or major details in one book that never got explained or mention in any other books..."

It definitely left something to be desired. Whoever wrote that book (whichever ghost writer the "author" used this time) should've written an epilogue or something. We don't even know what happened to the rest of the flock.

Susan (susanhafb) | 5 comments I listened to this book to preview for my 10 year old son (he just got it today) and I was pleasantly surprised. The librarian asked me several times "you know this is a YOUNG ADULT" book, right?" when I asked for it for my son. That worried me (hence why I previewed it) but it was very appropriate. Not terribly scary, no real foul language (they did say "expletive" a few times, lol). Concept was pretty cool. Not in the same caliber as my typical books (Hunger Games, Twilight, Matched, Divergent, etc) but I'm listening to the second book.

message 27: by Mini (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mini Emily wrote: "The first few books are amazing. I seriously loved them. Then it just kinda gets really repetitive. I was dying for some new twists instead of the same ones over and over again.
It didn't help tha..."

i agree with u .... In all the buks sum persom was trying to chase mqx fr his or her benefit... Obly in the last buk... Everybody wanted to het hold of fang ....

message 28: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly | 523 comments Mini wrote: "Emily wrote: "The first few books are amazing. I seriously loved them. Then it just kinda gets really repetitive. I was dying for some new twists instead of the same ones over and over again.
It d..."

Please type in English. No one here can read gibberish.

message 29: by Mini (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mini Kelly wrote: "Mini wrote: "Emily wrote: "The first few books are amazing. I seriously loved them. Then it just kinda gets really repetitive. I was dying for some new twists instead of the same ones over and over..."

Sorry... My bad ... What i was saying was that the storyline has nothing new in it after sum buks and the story becums predictable...........

message 30: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (last edited Apr 06, 2013 05:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mini wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Mini wrote: "Emily wrote: "The first few books are amazing. I seriously loved them. Then it just kinda gets really repetitive. I was dying for some new twists instead of the same ones..."

*some books *becomes, as in it really becomes quite annoying to read words that aren't even attempted to be spelled correctly.

message 31: by Mini (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mini Kelly wrote: "Mini wrote: "Emily wrote: "The first few books are amazing. I seriously loved them. Then it just kinda gets really repetitive. I was dying for some new twists instead of the same ones over and over..."

Sorry... My mistake ... What i was saying was that the storyline has nothing new in it and after sum buks the story becums predictable...........

message 32: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly | 523 comments Mini wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Mini wrote: "Emily wrote: "The first few books are amazing. I seriously loved them. Then it just kinda gets really repetitive. I was dying for some new twists instead of the same ones..."

Okay. Enough. Please don't try and type it anymore.

Jessica | 11 comments I really like this series, but I have only read the first three. The graphic novels are pretty good also. has anyone read them?

message 34: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessica wrote: "I really like this series, but I have only read the first three. The graphic novels are pretty good also. has anyone read them?"

The graphic novels are so cute!

Stormy :) (Stormy0218) | 3463 comments It was ok. I was kind of expecting more from it, I found it way to predictable and the writing was very sloppy. After schools out forever, I stopped reading them. Is it worth going on to the third?

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 17 comments I LOVE THIS BOOK!

message 37: by Rayna (new)

Rayna Robinson | 8 comments I love all the the Maximum Ride's and I recommend them all !

Harlee My favorite one is the first book. I've reread that one numerous times. I think I stopped reading the series at Fang. I eventually want to finish it, but I don't know when.

Groudonlover | 1 comments I just finished this book and now it is my new favorite series! I heard there was a movie but I'm not really sure how to get a hold of it. I hope that this book is read by all for its so amazing!

Gabrielle Karam (gabrielleeeeee) | 30 comments It's such an amazing heart warming series.

Gabrielle Karam (gabrielleeeeee) | 30 comments Stormy wrote: "It was ok. I was kind of expecting more from it, I found it way to predictable and the writing was very sloppy. After schools out forever, I stopped reading them. Is it worth going on to the third?"

Yes! Continue! The writing is just from the character's mind. It's like whatever she's thinking, is being written. She talks like a regular kid. You'll fly through the next books.

Christina (littlecabbage) I've only read the first and second books buuut I might consider continuing reading this series. This series has an interesting plot and it got me hooked. The characters are great too! I remember having a little crush on Fang hehehehe :3

Storm Arashi (stormarashi) | 667 comments I finished the Angel Experiment a couple of months back and I adored it. I loved the closeness of the flock, I loved the visuals I got from the characters and I adored every moment. I laughed, I cried at a few parts...And it was just really enjoyable. I really wanted to beat the crud out of the white coats though for hurting Angel. I just started Schools Out: Forever and found Saving the World and other Extreme Sports at Half Price books so I'm set so far...XD; I'm a little afraid to read past that.

message 44: by Hadley (new)

Hadley M | 10 comments I read all of these a while back and loved them!

Ashton I love this book soo much but everything past the third book isn't worth reading

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished angel experiment last year and I loved it but in Schools out forever i acedentaly read the sneak peak to the third book and it spoiled the rest, very good plot i think

Minda~Quenn {Somehow I found a way to get lost in you} Good series but a bit too juvenile for my taste.

LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)-- on hiatus :( (lilycat_reads) | 129 comments I thought it was kind of bland, to be honest. No matter what, I've always had trouble getting into James Patterson's YA, including Witch and Wizard, and Daniel X. I just don't like his writing, and the mini chapters kind of get on my nerves.

message 49: by Adler (new)

Adler (aswarmofbees) The first three and pretty good but the rest of the series is full of plot holes and devices and gets pretty repetitive and boring after a while. I would recommend the first three though.

LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)-- on hiatus :( (lilycat_reads) | 129 comments Plutogirl wrote: "The first three and pretty good but the rest of the series is full of plot holes and devices and gets pretty repetitive and boring after a while. I would recommend the first three though."

I just couldn't get into the 2nd book. But I read the manga.