Addicted to YA discussion

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
This topic is about Clockwork Angel
Series > Clockwork Angel

Comments Showing 1-50 of 106 (106 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What did you think of the book? The characters? Was it too much like TMI? Just share your thoughts.

message 2: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) I have read the first 2 in the Mortal Instruments.. Would you suggest I finish those first before these? They are about Shadowhunters too right?

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

ID is about Shadowhunters but the main character isn't a Shadowhunter. It doesn't really matter but it might make more sense after reading the first three MI books because some of the characters are related

message 4: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) Awesome, I love the covers lol but I like most YA covers

message 5: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephanie wrote: "Awesome, I love the covers lol but I like most YA covers"

I know the covers are all so amazing especially CoB cover!

message 6: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie (hotpinklady420) Erika wrote: "I know the covers are all so amazing especially CoB cover!"

Oh yes lol I tried not to drool on it everytime I opened it

message 7: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Feb 22, 2012 03:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephanie wrote: "Erika wrote: "I know the covers are all so amazing especially CoB cover!"

Oh yes lol I tried not to drool on it everytime I opened it"

Its basically the reason why I picked it up! That and my friend recommended it to me!

message 8: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Newman | 12 comments Just added to my tbr! :)

Mary-ann Torres | 9 comments I read this book and fell in love with it. Love her work.

message 10: by An (new) - rated it 5 stars

An This book was amazing, I loved the action, and can't wait to read the sequel.

Jennifer (AllTheRaeje) I really like the idea of having a back story to TMI. I loved this book. I finished it in a day.

Sumin I read a few chapters of this before I read any of the mortal instruments and I was so confused. Everything made more sense after I read the mortal instruments.

message 13: by Ela (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela I loved Mortal Instruments, I just didnt think Clockwork Angel was as good. I loved having Magnus in it though and I'm hoping that she'll somehow link the two series. :)

Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri} (lisbethavery) I've read it all before in Mortal Instruments. Practically the same book :\

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments I'm reading "City of Bones" right now and it's so good! What is this series about?

message 16: by Amie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amie | 25 comments Hai wrote: "I loved all the books written by Cassandra Clare!!! The book was sort of like the mortal instruments but it was different at the same time."

I agree! they are all amazing :) I much preferred The Infernal Devices series to the Mortal Instruments series :)

Rachael | 5 comments I was worried this book was going to be too similar to the mortal instruments, but it's so wonderfully different, I love them both alot!

message 18: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne wrote: "I'm reading "City of Bones" right now and it's so good! What is this series about?"

Clockwork Angel is about a girl named Tessa in the Victorian era. Her only family left it her brother Nate and she goes to find him but she's taken by the Dark Sisters and then rescued by the Shadowhunters (Will, Jem, and Henry) after that they're basically trying to figure out what the Magister is planning and why he wants Tessa.

I love this series almost as much as TMI which is saying a lot because the mortal instruments are my favorite series!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Wow--it sounds really good. I love the first book of TMI so far...it's so good! I'm at the part when (view spoiler) I can't stop reading!

message 20: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne wrote: "Wow--it sounds really good. I love the first book of TMI so far...it's so good! I'm at the part when [spoilers removed] I can't stop reading!"

It is really really good! Its a prequel to TMI so some of the characters ancestors are in it

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments oh! really? then I definitely need to read it after TMI then! I love when there's always just more and more stories to be read, it's awesome!

message 22: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah and after both TID and TMI are done Cassandra Clare is going to have The Dark Artifices! I'm already so excited for it!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments omg yayyyy!!!

message 24: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah so even after both series are over we'll still have more Shadowhunters!

message 25: by cy (new) - rated it 4 stars

cy I loved the book, but I thought the action scenes were...I don't know how to put this...don't get me wrong I love action but it was....aahh idk how to put this???
really loved the book though. I <3 WILL!!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished Clockwork angel a few days ago. It's my first Cassandra Clare book and I loved it. I can't wait until I get time to read more of the books. :-)

Adrienne (adriennez) Dana wrote: "I just finished Clockwork angel a few days ago. It's my first Cassandra Clare book and I loved it. I can't wait until I get time to read more of the books. :-)"

You're going to love her other books! One of my fav authors ever... the mortal instruments is amazing! :)

Emily (efordice7) | 23 comments love this series and love cassandra clare! TID is great and it is really different from TMI with a totally different story and conflict! and i love the characters!! Jem and Will are amazing!!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments Started this yesterday and LOVE it!

Amanda (yerawizardamanda) I just read this book after finishing TMI, and I didn't think possible but I actually Loved this more. Still TMI is AMAZING!!!

I loved the Character of Tessa, and the whole mystery behind her. I can't wait to read the next book. Will Tessa and Will get together? What will ever hapen with Jem and his condition? And this Magister clockwork creature stuff, creepy!!!!!

I hope the next book is as great!

Adrianna Heaney-Velu | 7 comments read this book and it's one of my favorites. way better than mortal instruments and those were good too. something about that era is so sexy and romantic. I definitely think the steampunk theme is becoming so popular and with good reason.

message 32: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate (katespofford) | 61 comments At first I thought Clockwork Angel was too similar to the Mortal Instruments, but one I got to Clockwork Prince they started seeming a lot different... can't wait for Clockwork Princess!

Lizzie | 110 comments I think I've tried twice to read City of Bones, I just can't get into it. This on the other hand I loved, the characters and the plot. I need to get off my butt and read Clockwork Prince.

Jamile (jamilemsilva) | 47 comments i can't wait for clockwork princess!!!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Still reading Clockwork Angel Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 36: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel This book is SO AWESOME!!! I'm reading the sequel currently. And it's just as good, if not better. :)))

Heather | 3 comments I really liked this book, and I can't wait to read the next one!

Robin & Fo Should I read CoB before The Infernal Devices?

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 27, 2012 05:22AM) (new)

Fari wrote: "Donna wrote: "Still reading Clockwork AngelClockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare"

liking it?"

I'm listening to Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare and I'm still at it. Not sure why it's taking me so long. I may go to a paper copy. Sometimes listening works well for me if the book is very dense and the narrator does a really good job of it. I'm not sure if it's the voice that's irking me or the story itself.

message 40: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin & Fo wrote: "Should I read CoB before The Infernal Devices?"

You don't have to but that's what I did

Robin & Fo Erika wrote: "Robin & Fo wrote: "Should I read CoB before The Infernal Devices?"

You don't have to but that's what I did"

Well, I'm asking because I'm getting Clockwork Angel somewhere this week, and I don't know if I will miss anything important if I don't read the other series first..

message 42: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin & Fo wrote: "Erika wrote: "Robin & Fo wrote: "Should I read CoB before The Infernal Devices?"

Well, I'm asking because I'm getting Clockwork Angel somewhere this week,..."

No I don't think you'll miss anything. Just there's all these theories going on because of the family connections between the characters. But that isn't that important. So you could read this series without reading the other. I know plenty of people have.

Olivia Gavilan (oliviagavilan) | 42 comments Amie wrote: "Hai wrote: "I loved all the books written by Cassandra Clare!!! The book was sort of like the mortal instruments but it was different at the same time."

I agree! they are all amazing :) I much pre..."

Definitely! I can't wait for clockwork princess! I read ID first and it just has better characters. Will is an awesome character, even if I do prefer Jem.

mara • (chaotic reader) (maraa) Robin & Fo wrote: "Erika wrote: "Robin & Fo wrote: "Should I read CoB before The Infernal Devices?"

Well, I'm asking because I'm getting Clockwork Angel somewhere this week,..."

Like Erika said, it's not a must. The author herself says there is no need to read TMI first. You'll enjoy this one as it is (and understand it!)

Robin & Fo Mara wrote: "Robin & Fo wrote: "Erika wrote: "Robin & Fo wrote: "Should I read CoB before The Infernal Devices?"

Well, I'm asking because I'm getting Clockwork Angel s..."

Thanks Erika and Mara. I've read Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince and they are amazing books!

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 45 comments Stephanie wrote: "I have read the first 2 in the Mortal Instruments.. Would you suggest I finish those first before these? They are about Shadowhunters too right?"

True, but it is perfectly fine to read this series before you finish the Mortal Instruments. In fact, I encourage you to read it while the image of Inquisitor Herondale is still in your head, just so that you can stare at the pages and say, "how the heck are these two related?"

message 47: by An (new)

An Stephanie wrote: "Awesome, I love the covers lol but I like most YA covers"

The cover was amazing I do agreed!

message 48: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz (lookingstrongjohn) | 909 comments All the covers are gorgeous, and beautifully written too! :) I love it

Daria  (blame-the-nargles) I actually read this one before I read Mortal Instruments, so I recognized Magnus Bane (and I actually got really excited about that!!) and I noticed the similarities between Jace and Will *wink wink*
I FREAKIN LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!

Andrea Diaz (literarygetaway) | 3 comments I'm sure there is someone in here asking the same question but I'm too lazy to go through all the comments. Basically, I have read the first 2 books in the Mortal Instruments series. I own Clockwork Angel. Can I read this series without finishing The Mortal Instruments?

« previous 1 3