THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Goodreads Author Newsletter

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rowena (last edited Feb 14, 2012 01:07PM) (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 86 comments I have just received an "Author Newsletter" from Goodreads as an email.

Is this a new initiative? I am not aware of having received one before.

Also, the newsletter shows the cover of one of my 2004 print books and makes an astonishing claim, "Your books were read 445 times in January. 378 members shelved your books as to-read."

This is astonishing because my books went out of print in 2010, and I purchased the entire inventory that remained in the publisher's warehouse in the spring of 2011.

The used copies aren't exactly plentiful enough that over 400 could be expected to change hands in one month.

So, are the numbers simply for demonstration purposes? Is everyone being told that their books were also read/shelved 445/378 times?

Moreover, the stats on my dashboard for January suggest that 26 copies were read.... not 445

message 2: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 276 comments Rowena wrote: "I have just received an "Author Newsletter" from Goodreads as an email.

Is this a new initiative? I am not aware of having received one before.

Also, the newsletter shows the cover of one of my ..."

We accidentally pulled the all-time numbers rather than numbers for January only. The next newsletter, which should come in March, will have accurate totals for February only, as was the intent with this one.

message 3: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 86 comments Thank you for clarifying, Patrick. I appreciate your prompt and expert responses.