What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Valentine Fantasy
This topic is about A Valentine Fantasy
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. St Valentine's Day children's book, a princess wants the golden heart of a bluebird as a gift [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tess | 439 comments I'm looking for a picture book or short children's chapter book with pictures about a princess? who wants the heart of a dove because it's gold. She tells her suiter to get it for her but in the end I think he just makes her a gold heart because he doesn't want to kill the bird. I'm pretty sure the story was supposed to be an 'origin' tale for St Valentine's day. I read this in the early '90s, but I'm not sure when it was published originally.
I have a feeling it's as dark as I remember, but I'm hoping not! Thanks for the help!

Tess | 439 comments Bump? Any ideas?

Tess | 439 comments Bump!

Tess | 439 comments bump?

message 5: by Andria (last edited Nov 20, 2012 03:22PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
A Valentine Fantasy by Carolyn Haywood A Valentine Fantasy by Carolyn Haywood sort of fits, but it's a King who requests the heart of a bluebird, I think.

Tess | 439 comments Oh That is looking promising! I will see if my library has it. Thanks!

Tess | 439 comments Andria, that is totally the book! I'm reading it again right now. Thank you!

message 8: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
You're welcome! So glad you found it!