UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Past Group Book Discussions > Death Notice - Discussions and Reviews

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Feb 14, 2012 12:11PM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Death Notice

Discussions and Reviews.

Spoilers allowed Here

Discussion group open HERE, NOW!
Death Notice

If you give this book a rating on Amazon or Goodreads why not post it here as well!!

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments still reading it but do you not think "the grim reaper" is a corny name for a serial killer or is it just me ?

message 3: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments You've got my brain whirring now,trying to think up good killers names, that would relate to the book, and anagrams to go with them.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Well I don't think he was taxing his brain power with that one, you might as well call him the undertaker

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments What about the mortician lol

message 6: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments What about the coffin killer-Ffion Ricklle.

message 8: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments The mortician could be Cian Morti.

message 10: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments The embalmer could be Emma Ralb.

message 11: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I like Marti Coni sounds like a cocktail.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Well it is really a cocktail of mortician.

message 13: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments How far thro are you,i know we can post spoilers but i don't want to give anything away, if you've still got ages to go.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments 80 per cent through it, have you got a twin talking to somebody on another thread same name lol

message 15: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments Yeah that's the evil sports loving twin,i'm the calm book loving twin. not.

message 16: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments the journalist-Josie Ranult.This one would have given the game away straight away,even tho i did work it out from grim reaper.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments How many stars would you give this book ?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Criminy! I've not even read the sample yet!

message 19: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I gave it 4 stars.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Same here will review it on monday,enjoyed reading it.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Reviewed the book today gave it 4 stars,just wondering if this author is going to write any more books of this genre.

message 22: by Jacquie (new)

Jacquie | 99 comments He has written a short story as a follow on vicious circle. I haven't read it yet.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Yes seen that don't much like short stories.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments lorraine how did you suss out the killer 30% through the book, what give it away.

message 25: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments When they found out the fax machines had been bought by Meg parrier,i started going through all the names that had been mentioned,anagram wise,so when the paper led with the headline grim reaper it just clicked.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Ah got it I totally missed that,at the start I was sure it was the death notice writer, bloody hell forgotten his name already.

message 27: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments His name was Henry.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Yeh henry gol thought he was tied into it right to the end, thought there might be another twist at the end.

message 29: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I never guessed why he murdered them,if i had worked that out,i probably wouldn't have finished it.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments I think I have only ever ditched one book,I thought it was quite good and maintained my interest,but did have high hopes it would be similar to jack kilborn novels.

message 31: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I'm not a lover of Jack Kilborn,i nearly gave up on Bet you can't find me.Don't actually know how i got to the end.most of it was just skimmed.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments The very worst one I have read lately was insomnia by stephen king give it 1 star was bloody awful,and the really worst ever book goes to hannibal rising by thomas harris absolute dross, oh bugger we are supposed to be talking about death notice lol.

message 33: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments When have you ever known a thread to stay on topic.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments True, but minds in a fog at the moment trying to remember the parts of the book might have to read it again lol

message 35: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I can remember what happens, but i'm not so good with names.but i'm hopeless with names in real life as well.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments So was the killer called martin swann ?

message 37: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments Yeah and his sister was Deana and she had the hots for Henry.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Oh well got that right,yeh the sex content was short and sweet, thought deena had something to do with it at one point as well

message 39: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments Don't think the book could have withdtood alot of sex,it wouldn't of fitted in with the style of writing.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Oh it must be just me then. Thought it could have done with a bit more. Lol

message 41: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments Typical bloke...i'm not bothered by it,but i was surprised by the lack of it.If i want pages and pages of it tho i'd read erotica.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Ha ha thought you would say that,thought they would get involved the two cops.

message 43: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I thought that too,hopefully they will in the next book.Just hope we don't have too long for it .

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Yeh I hope he comes up with a sequel of some sort.

message 45: by Paul (new)

Paul (latepaul) Just finished.

I enjoyed it. Some of the writing was a bit flat but it was plotted immaculately and that pulled me through.

Gripping.