The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

John Lescroart
This topic is about John Lescroart

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Donald (redonald) | 64 comments I'm surprised I couldn't find John Lescroart's name on this list already. IMO he's one of the best currently publishing a mystery series. I just started one of his called Damage on my Kindle, and from the first chapter, it appears that it is featuring Wes Farrell, who was a minor character in some of his Dismas Hardy novels.

What I like about John's work, in addition to the smooth flow of the writing (never gets in the way of the story), is that his characters and situations seem so real, I can get totally immersed in the story.

I'm looking forward to my reading time tonight!

message 2: by Erin L (new)

Erin L (wellreadmoose) I'm a Lescroart fan as well. I love the Dismas series so much.

message 3: by Keri (new)

Keri (keri_45) | 95 comments I am a huge Dismas/Abe fan myself. I am up to book 10.

message 4: by Frances (new)

Frances Plino (francesdiplino) | 48 comments I love the Dismas/Abe novels, but can't get into his latest series. I think it's because the Hardy books are so good that I want to spend my time in the company of those characters and resent having to get to know a relatively new cast.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (cinnabarb) | 8055 comments Keri wrote: "I am a huge Dismas/Abe fan myself. I am up to book 10."

I'm a big Lescroat fan as well; after you read a few of the Dismas/Abe books the characters start to feel like real people that you know.

message 6: by Keri (new)

Keri (keri_45) | 95 comments That is absolutely correct!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

From LUCY I've long been a fan of Dismas/Abe and have read just about all of the series. They do begin to feel like good friends after awhile. It's a terrific series!!

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 8 comments Is it best to read these Dismas/Abe series in order?

message 9: by Keri (new)

Keri (keri_45) | 95 comments Yes, absolutely there are events that will build on one another, especially personal events. Just be warned those first two books weren't the best, but by the 3rd he had Dismas pretty well set.

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie | 8 comments Thanks a lot for replying Keri. I put the 1st one on hold at the library.

message 11: by Frances (new)

Frances Plino (francesdiplino) | 48 comments Julie wrote: "Thanks a lot for replying Keri. I put the 1st one on hold at the library."

As Keri said, the first two aren't his best, but as the series progresses he just gets better and better. The characters become so real you feel you know them as friends.

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie | 8 comments Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Appreciate the help.