Curie World Lit: Only The BEST discussion

College Application Questions?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marekjavorek (new)

Marekjavorek | 16 comments 1.What score on my ACT do i need to get to get an admission?

2.What is the Student luch Plan ?

3.What is the Tutorin fee ?

These are my 3 questions , for the Extra Credit. :)

message 2: by Ms. R (new)

Ms. R | 58 comments Mod
Great questions! Which college or university are you looking at. The answers to these questions will vary depending on the school. :0)

message 3: by Margarito (new)

Margarito | 9 comments apprenticeship program local 130

1)what is the rate of applicants that actually get accepted to the program?

1)do your chances of getting in increase if you have experience?

message 4: by Marekjavorek (new)

Marekjavorek | 16 comments Oh Im sorry Im looking at Lewis University in Romeoville and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

message 5: by Devin (new)

Devin | 7 comments 1.) How would I know the classes needed for my intended major?

2.)When I recieve an acceptance letter how do I notify the school to tell them I'm going?

message 6: by Ana (new)

Ana | 7 comments 1. What if i want to go to a community college how do i know i will be accepted to a college when i finish my 2 year diploma?

2.What are my requirements to go to a private college or a community college?

3. What if i want to become a teacher? what is that apple ???? application i need to get?

message 7: by Mario (new)

Mario | 1 comments Is there any restrictions for applying for undocumented students?

Is there some sort of financial aid available to undocumented students?

message 8: by Joshua (new)

Joshua | 12 comments Majoring in anthropology how many science classes am I require to take?

How many years an I require to go to college to become an antropologist?

message 9: by Mahalia (new)

Mahalia | 6 comments How do I get a scholarship application for a collge?

Do have A lesser chance of getting in to a college if I'm not involved in school organizaions?

I had lots of honor classes noe I only have two, will that be a negative.

message 10: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Flozak | 4 comments 1) How are classes different from community colleges and universities?

2) Is there such a thing as a guaranteed scholarship?

message 11: by Ms. R (new)

Ms. R | 58 comments Mod
Great questions so far guys. I'm working on finding the answers to all of them.

** Please remember to tell me what establishment you're looking at if your questions are specific to a certain school

Smiles,

Ms. R

message 12: by Jose (new)

Jose Reyes | 1 comments 1)How do we know what classes we need for our major?
2)Does your High School GPA carries on to your college GPA?

message 13: by Valeria (new)

Valeria (val777) | 10 comments 1. When accepted to a school how will i be able to notify whether i choose to attend or not?
2. Do we still have to apply to city colleges or do we just fill out an information card?

message 14: by Alan (new)

Alan Chan | 3 comments 1.How long does it take for a college to respond to your application?
2. Will colleges tell you if they have everything they need for the application? Will they tell you what your missing? (etc. transcripts, recommendations, personal statement...)

message 15: by Yajaira (new)

Yajaira | 8 comments 1. What happens if you get accepted to more that one college? How do you let them know what you're going to do?

2. If you dont live in the area, can you still attend a certain college? [ex. Moraine Valley...:]

message 16: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Jones | 8 comments Some questions for college is....
1.)How do I get a sport schlorship?

2.)How do I get around paying appication fees?

3.)Can you live in a apartment off campus and still be enrolled in the school?

4.)What are you supposed to do with your car if you have one for freshman year if freshman are not supposed to drive on campus?

5.)How do you know if the major your going into in college can finace you later?(Is every major marketable?)

message 17: by Gustavo (new)

Gustavo | 11 comments 1.How long does it take for a college to respond to your application?..(UIC)

2.How do I go about getting financial aid?..(UIC)

3. How long does it take you to get your Master in Engineering?..(UIC)

4.How Come you need High ACT score's to attend in Engineering?

message 18: by Beah (new)

Beah | 11 comments If I major in teaching can I still major in music?

How many classes do I need to take to become a teacher?

How many years does it take?

Is there any scholarships available for teaching?

message 19: by Bernardo (new)

Bernardo Villalpando | 1 comments Bernardo Villalpando.
Per. 5

1. Can i get a any type of scholarship in columbia college with my high ACT score?

2. If i lied on my lunch form, can i still get an application fee waiver?

message 20: by Ms. R (new)

Ms. R | 58 comments Mod
Margarito wrote: "apprenticeship program local 130

1)what is the rate of applicants that actually get accepted to the program?

1)do your chances of getting in increase if you have experience?"

Ok, I looked up this apprentiship program at this website: http://www.plumberslu130ua.org/site/s...

It looks like an awesome program. You were right, they do not take application on line, you have to receive them at the office or from a recruiter. They had a ton of information on the site about the application procress and the program itself, but it does not say how many applicants they actually recieve. This could mean 1 of 2 things. (1) They didn't think to add the information when creating the page or (2) They don't limit the number of students ahead of time, meaning, they will take as many students as are qualified.

In response to your second question, it may help if you have some experience, but I don't think it will really hurt you if you don't. It seems like most of the apprentices DO NOT have experience, that's why you would be in the program, to learn to become a plummer. This does not appear to be a program for those who already know the trade.

I looked for a phone number to call in order to get more information, but couldn't see one. I'll look again and try to get some more info.

Hope this helps!

message 21: by Ms. R (new)

Ms. R | 58 comments Mod
Marekjavorek wrote: "1.What score on my ACT do i need to get to get an admission?

2.What is the Student luch Plan ?

3.What is the Tutorin fee ?

These are my 3 questions , for the Extra Credit. :)"

It seems like you would need at least a 20 for Lewis and for Embry at least a 22. Remember, that's just a baseline. The admission offices DO NOT only look at your ACT scores. They also look at a bunch of other thins as well.

Hope this helps!

message 22: by Ms. R (last edited Dec 04, 2008 08:32PM) (new)

Ms. R | 58 comments Mod
Gustavo wrote: "1.How long does it take for a college to respond to your application?..(UIC)

2.How do I go about getting financial aid?..(UIC)

3. How long does it take you to get your Master in Engineering?

Here is a website for the Engineering school at UIC:

http://www.uic.edu/depts/enga/