The Vindico (The Vindico, #1) The Vindico discussion

The Vindico

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wesley (new)

Wesley King Thank you to everyone for your interest in The Vindico! As a new Goodreads user, I have little to no idea how to attract fans, but for any of you might be interested, I'll be hosting a Q&A discussion board starting on the 21st. I'll be answering questions about the new series, the writing process, the less pleasant someone finding to publish it process, as well as discussing the important questions in life: What superpower would you choose? What would you do with it? Would you be a hero or a villain? If interested, please join the Q&A with Wesley King group.

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...

Jewels Loved the book! I'm in.

Concetta HELP! I have an 8 year old son who is a VERY reluctant reader. I am reading this book as a family read-aloud and he really loves it. Can anyone recommend a similar book that is at his reading level (3rd grade)? The aspects of the book I think he likes are the super-hero characters, the cheeky banter between the characters, and the not-horribly-violent violence. I'll take any suggestions. I think he is a teenage boy trapped in a third grade body (with a 3rd grade reading aptitude) and My Weird School just isn't cutting it anymore.

Wesley, (if you read this) I read about this book in BookPage and recommended it to my 11 year son. He DEVOURED it and forced me to read it aloud to the family. I can't wait to tell him there is going to be a sequel - SCORE points with the kids!!! I am so so sad that he missed your Q&A - he would have thought that was the COOLEST THING EVER!

It is hard to find fun books for boys - although in looking at your reading list you and he have the same taste (Hunger Games and Star Wars).

message 4: by Wesley (new)

Wesley King Concetta wrote: "HELP! I have an 8 year old son who is a VERY reluctant reader. I am reading this book as a family read-aloud and he really loves it. Can anyone recommend a similar book that is at his reading le..."

Hey Concetta,

First off - I love the idea of a family read-aloud! No wonder your son is reading at a teenage level. I'm honored that my novel was included, and of course thrilled to hear that both your sons enjoyed it!

I am actually planning to have another Q&A session in the near future, so I'll be sure to let you know. I'd love to hear his questions.

Ironically enough I haven't read much in the way of superhero fiction, though I've heard Michael Carroll's Super Human series is very good. It isn't 3rd grade level, but it seems your son is beyond that anyway.

The Feros comes out in June 2013, so please let your son that more adventures are on the way! In the meanwhile, I better start working on more books.

Cheers!
Wes