Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Series Discussions > Alex Craft - Kalayna Price

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Feb 14, 2012 11:12AM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Here's the place to chat about the Alex Craft series.

Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2) by Kalayna Price Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3) by Kalayna Price

message 2: by Jennifer D. (new)

Jennifer D. (jenpen4) I just started the first book in this series this morning. I got the recommendation from one of the series threads (Ghosts maybe?) and thought it looked really good. So far I am enjoying it, but I am only about 3% into it soooo....

message 3: by Kyami (new)

Kyami (kyamis) I read the 1st & 2nd books and I loved them both. I couldn't put it down.

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria | 5 comments I loved the first two books too! I got the Grave Witch on a whim - sortof - I read the back and the mention of Death as a character interested me! :) I love him - really funny & interesting character! There needs to be more of him. Well I actually enjoy most of the characters. :) Anyways, I just love the series! I really enjoy her writing.

I can't wait for Grave Memory! And I hope there's more after. :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I've only read the first one at this point and I really loved it. The idea behind the faye is really amazing and the magic is perfect. I love magic that takes a price from the user.

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria | 5 comments You should read the second one then, Shera. There's some actual trips into some of the fae's kingdoms/lands. Really fascinating places - you meet the Shadow King for one. :) But I agree, I love magic! And it's more interesting when there is a price.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments *sigh* I know!! So many books, so little time.

message 8: by Maria (new)

Maria | 5 comments That's what I've been saying a lot lately! Especially when I keep finding more to try & more series/authors I enjoy... :) It needs to rain books too, that'd be a big help!

message 9: by Chantal (new)

Chantal Halpin | 27 comments I've just read the first one - loved it!

message 10: by Jennifer D. (new)

Jennifer D. (jenpen4) I'm almost done with the first one - I should have it finished here soon (I only have about 50 pages left) and then I will definitely be going to the second one. I am really enjoying this book, and I really like Alex. I wish her roommates played a bigger part, though. I would like to know more about them.

message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria | 5 comments True. Although in the second one I think you see more of her roommates, well at least with Caleb (there's a fight at home and again she goes into faerie). There's more with her dad too which I found interesting. A little on her mom, and I'm curious about her brother so I'm looking forward to more on her family! ;) The story is he disappeared right?

Oh... and it would be nice if Fred talked more too! :p I guess I'm used to Bis from the Rachel Morgan series.. ^^

message 12: by new_user (new)

new_user This wasn't my fave series, but it wasn't bad. I liked the dog and the fact she's down on her luck, LOL. I liked the fae guy, but I was hoping it wouldn't turn into a love triangle.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments NU, love triangles are just the way these books seem to go anymore. If I don't see a love triangle it's a miracle.

message 14: by Zafia (new)

Zafia | 123 comments Uhh theres a love triangle in this series? Then i'll have to bump the series forward from my tbr pile.
I love those.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I don't remember it being a big one, though.

message 16: by Zafia (new)

Zafia | 123 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I don't remember it being a big one, though."

That doesnt tell me much, guess i'll just have to read it then heh. It does look like a neat series though, so its not a great loss if the focus is only slight on that particular area. How is the romance in general?

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments It's pretty good, and steamy. The leading lady has some commitment issues.

The love triangle isn't as dramatic as say Anita Blake (for the early books) or something like that.

message 18: by Zafia (new)

Zafia | 123 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "It's pretty good, and steamy. The leading lady has some commitment issues.

The love triangle isn't as dramatic as say Anita Blake (for the early books) or something like that."

I really need to move this series up. From what i've read so far and heard from others i think im gonna like this one. I rarely read books that dont have romance in them, so very few authors can pull that off imo.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments It really is a good one. Enjoy!

message 20: by Jennifer D. (new)

Jennifer D. (jenpen4) I have recently finished the first book, and there is definitely the beginnings of a triangle going on. I am looking forward to reading the second one, but unfortunately had to put it off for a few others first.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments That's right! The beginnings of one.

message 22: by Cmkage (new)

Cmkage | 46 comments I've read the first two and absolutely loved them. I've preordered Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3) by Kalayna Price and can't wait for it to come out.

message 23: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t i have the first two books but haven't read eithr. I guess I should move it up

message 24: by Gin (new)

Gin I LOVED this series! It's one that completely caught me by surprise. Pat, you have to read it.

message 25: by Abby (new)

Abby  | 126 comments LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! I have to read book 2 before the next one comes out

message 26: by Gin (new)

Gin I need to also reread. Whalen is the next one coming out?

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I've read the first one and love it!! Makes me feel guilty that I haven't read my copy of the second book yet.

message 28: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t Gin wrote: "I LOVED this series! It's one that completely caught me by surprise. Pat, you have to read it."

ok, i'll move it up

message 29: by Omi (new)

Omi | 32 comments I really loved this series. I liked the twist on witches with special skills and the faerie side of things was particularly good (more so in the second book). It has such detailed descriptions and the folklore was really well researched but then the author put her own twists on things. I honestly did not think that I would enjoy this as much as I did.

The love triangle is also a little stronger in the second book than the first and I think it may be a bigger part of the third. But it is quite a well written love triangle, not one of those where you wonder what the protagonist sees in one or both of the love interest/s.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Ive read the first two books this month. To me this is an average series so far. Enjoy the writing style but Im not really into the death having a person/personality thing. Curious on the fairy details, especially with the ending cliffhanger of the second.