Books on the Nightstand discussion

Crime Fiction Read-Along > General Discussion - Crime Fiction Read-along

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (last edited Feb 14, 2012 10:51AM) (new)

Ann (akingman) | 2097 comments Mod
As announced on BOTNS #167, we're going to play along with Soho Press's Crime Fiction Read-along. Use this thread to talk about the Crime Fiction Read-Along in general. We'll post announcements and reminders here as well.

message 2: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristinjp) | 15 comments Is there a link to the list of all of the books?

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (akingman) | 2097 comments Mod
Kristin, I believe that Juliet will announce each book individually, the month before.

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) What's the next book?

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda (linda847) | 2 comments ANNOUNCING THE APRIL TITLE: The next Read-Along book is going to be A Study in Scarlet, Arthur Conan Doyle’s first novel-length Sherlock Holmes story. (posted on March 22)

message 6: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani (tiffanipassportbooks) | 17 comments I'm new to the read-along and wish to participate. Will there be a discussion once everyone has read the book, and if so, by when do readers need to have completed the book? Thanks.

message 7: by Juliet (new)

Juliet (bayridgebookaddict) | 10 comments Hi guys!

I wanted to thank everyone for their patience while Soho got the blog up and running, and also to post the full calendar of events here! I promise we are sticking to it religiously.

http://www.sohopress.com/classic-crim...

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is live today!

message 8: by Juliet (new)

Juliet (bayridgebookaddict) | 10 comments Hi again!

In case you missed it and were interested, the May title is THE MAN IN THE QUEUE, by Josephine Tey. The discussion is on 5/22.

Meanwhile, here's the introductory post on Golden Age female detective fiction writers:

http://www.sohopress.com/crime-read-a...

message 9: by Tim (new)

Tim | 1 comments I don't see any August or September selections. Did the RAL stop?