Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Book/Author/Series/Genre > Where do you guys buy e-books?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 2581 comments I buy like 100% from kindle and its usually available there. But I am looking for good websites to purchase ebooks from. Any recommendations?

message 2: by Aoibhínn (new)

Aoibhínn (aoibhinn) www.ebooks.com

www.booksonboard.com

www.bookdepository.co.uk/category/339...

www.feedbooks.com

www.smashwords.com

www.dieselebooks.com

These are the sites I used to buy books for my kindle. On the sites that only sell in epub format, I use Calibre (a free program on the net) to convert them to mobi files.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments www.fictionwise.com - and if you watch they have good discount coupons - I think the most recent one is 60% off

or I try to go directly to the publisher, specially for places like loose-id where there is sometimes a delay between when the book is released and when they release it to Amazon for sale

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1392 comments Fictionwise can be a good place to buy ebooks, depending on what you like to read. I say depending because the epublishers generally sell their books there in multiple formats and without DRM. But Harlequin only sells in Secure Reader there, which is not compatible with Kindle. So you have to pay attention to what you're buying. But the big coupon codes-- like the current 60% off-- definitely make it worthwhile.

Direct from the publisher's website can be good, too. Sometimes they will have special discounts (for example, today being Valentine's Day, a lot of them are running some sort of coupon code or discount), and a few will have short stories available for sale that never make it out to the 3rd party sites like Amazon.

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 112 comments http://ebooks.harlequin.com/

http://www.carinapress.com/

And then I have a Nook so I shop B&N too. ~ Kim

message 6: by Gaby (new)

Gaby Robbins (gabyrobbins) I love KOBO, buy from there all the time and they send coupons and have great deals often.

message 7: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 2581 comments Thanks guys!! There is a lot of places to choose from for me.

message 8: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19345 comments All Romance is another option not listed: www.allromanceebooks.com

No big sales, but good if you don't have Kindle (just for someone else reading this thread, Hina :)

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments allromance is good for kindle as well ;)

message 10: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19345 comments I thought maybe AR were more expensive, but not having a Kindle, I wasn't sure :)

message 11: by Marielle (new)

Marielle | 3 comments epubbud.com
they're free
you just download them and then put them on your ipod with ibooks, kobo, stanza,etc.

or you can read them online on you computer.

message 12: by Ian (new)

Ian (setaian) | 203 comments I'm actually very new to e-books. I just bought a Kindle last week for no other reason than I wanted to read the books of R.L. Mathewson. I've only bought them from amazon.com at this stage which is very easy.

message 13: by John (new)

John Moretz (vladdytrout) So far, just through Amazon.

message 14: by Claudia (new)

Claudia I downloaded the Lycan cicle/serie by Nicky Charles ( The Mating/The keeping/The Finding) and Conversion by S.C.Stephen.I found all of them pretty good and they are for free: actually more than good, both "Conversion" and "The Mating" I couldn't put down. I downloaded them from feedbooks.com but they are available on many websites, in the past I paid for books that were not even remotely as good as these ones.
I got also some nice books from smashwords.com and getfreebooks.com.
They are all legally downloadable and give a bit of relief to my wallet. I don't know why but when I pay for books I prefer the hardcopy. Perhaps I want to have something in my hands when I shell out cash LOLNicky CharlesThe MatingThe KeepingThe FindingConversionS.C. Stephens

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) | 0 comments I have an ereader (Libre) but only use it to read free ebooks. I read kindle freebies on my computer with free Kindle for PC software. The few times I actually buy a new book (usually buy used), I won't purchase an ebook. Got enough of them free to read.

message 16: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 802 comments Mostly kobo. Love the coupons.

Lauren (aplpeach) (aplpeach) | 176 comments I buy mine from Amazon, but I have a kindle. I also have the kindle app on my phone, my PC and my MAC

message 18: by Ian (new)

Ian (setaian) | 203 comments Wow...you like Macgyver, Monty Python and have a Mac. You couldn't possibly like Baseball because that would make you the perfect woman and nobody's perfect.

Lauren (aplpeach) (aplpeach) | 176 comments Ian wrote: "Wow...you like Macgyver, Monty Python and have a Mac. You couldn't possibly like Baseball because that would make you the perfect woman and nobody's perfect."

Baseball is cool, but I prefer Hockey and Basketball. I used to play basketball.

message 20: by Katharina (new)

Katharina | 802 comments Forgot to mention that I also get a lot of ebooks through my library.

message 21: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 269 comments I buy most through Barnes and Noble

message 22: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1 comments I buy some from www.buy-e-books-online.com
as well as the other sites listed

message 23: by Hina (new)

Hina (hinaj) | 2581 comments Mostly I buy from Amazon, because I have a kindle and the kindle app on everything I am allowed to have the app. If its something I really want to read I can buy the ebook version from another site, but so far Amazon is pretty good about having everything I need. For books I don't want to buy, my local library has gotten really good with their ebook collection and now you can borrow them to read on the kindle device, which I love!!

message 24: by Explit (new)

Explit | 1 comments I buy books from amazon.com and sometimes from crazydiggers.com

message 25: by Isa (new)

Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog) | 106 comments Have you guys tried Wattad?? I've just discovered it and have been reading few free books, some stories are updated daily or weekly so for some fast readers might be frustrating but there are loads of complete books. Xx

message 26: by Isa (new)

Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog) | 106 comments Sorry i meant wattpad!!

message 27: by Waqas (new)

Waqas Mansoor (waqasmansoor) you can get cheap ebooks from ( www.ebookswiki.com ) its actually the cheapest ebook store online every ebook is mostly under 5$ and they have that request an ebook page too ..