The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > GG Season 7 out today!

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
Just a reminder the last season is out today. I do really want the complete set with all the bonus features, but I already spent so much buying it season for season. Maybe later down the road.....
So are you buying the last season today? I'm buying it and having a little Gilmore Girls party with my sister with some pop tarts and other bad food. Maybe I will enjoy it the second time around a little more now that it is gone.

message 2: by Brooke (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Brooke yippie! I hope my hubby goes and buys it. It's on my Christmas wish list. Even though I've seen every episode of the series...

On a side note Shrek the Third comes out today too!!

message 3: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
Yeah! Just in time for Christmas.

message 4: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Meghan I heart holidays! Good food. Good dvd releases! Yay GG! (But please no snow. I'm not ready for it!)

message 5: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Meghan And welcome back Shannon! I missed ya and your moderating ways! :)

message 6: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
And don't forget the other good thing about winter holidays...all the Oscar bait movies being released in the theaters!

message 7: by Erica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Erica Poole | 199 comments I too am torn, I want the whole shebang with the bonus package for the series, but I already have the first 5! I hate that they do that. It is so hard to wait, knowing that they will. If I hadn't bought the seasons that I did, I can think of many nights where I would have been at home, sad, lonely and twiddling my thumbs! Especially when the cable was out!

message 8: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:44PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
Well, my birthday is on Sunday, so it'd be wise to wait to purchase it... just in case!

I have all the other season, so no I won't go for the whole shebang. I'm good. I almost never deal in the bonus features any way. Or if I do, it's never more than once. Most of the time for me they tend to dilute the actual show. (Not that they can't sometimes be fun!) Just one girls opinion.

So glad you're back, Shannon!

message 9: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:44PM) (new)

Thanks for the welcome back guys! Ok so I decided to watch the first two episodes of the 7th season last night and........ it was so awful. I forgot how bad it really was. I know it got a little better as the season progressed but man it was hard to sit through. The one thing that really stuck out is how hard the writers tried to keep the fast quirky dialogue but there was no substance. Some of it just went on and on forever but went nowhere. Oh well, there are a few episodes I missed last season so I can at least enjoy that somewhat.

message 10: by Megan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Megan | 118 comments While the 7th isn't the best it's still GG. I stayed up late watching episodes 1 and 2 last night. Right now I am on episode #3 and currently learning the history of the oh so loved Pop Tart. Ironically enough I ate a pop tart for breakfast. Subliminal messaging?????

message 11: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Meghan Yes! Product placement was never so cleverly used as in this show. heh

But I just wanted to say Best Buy really disappointed me on Tuesday. They were ALL OUT of just the 7th season (would LOVE the whole series package, but even on sale at $169.99, that was a little excessive for a spur-of-the-moment kind of purchase!). Had to go to Target (the store that never lets me down! ha!)

Anyways, now I just have to find the time to watch it. I am sad to say, I did not get to see the last half of the season and didn't see the season/series finale. Although I heard it was good. Thoughts? (Don't worry about spoilers for me, I already had my friends fill me in.)

message 12: by Erica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Erica Poole | 199 comments Meghan, I just put some comments on the Kirk Is Love thread about my opinions on the series finale...

message 13: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Also a little trick with Best Buy - always buy online for in store pickup. Usually the prices at the store are much more than they are online. I bought the 7th season there online for 38.99 - in store it was 48.99.

message 14: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Same with B&N. Online prices are usually lower than brick-and-mortar prices because they don't have to pay the overhead for the online stores.

message 15: by Cody (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:49PM) (new)

Cody Wilshire (codywilshire) | 85 comments I got the complete series and it's so cute, gah.

message 16: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:56PM) (new)

Meghan Oh, I totally meant to tell you this earlier. I'm not sure if it's done in other areas, but my Target is selling seasons 3 & 4 of GG for only $14.88. Considering they're normally priced at $44-45, I thought that was a pretty good deal. I just picked up the missing Season 3 today and there were still a bunch left. If you're trying to get your collection going, be sure to watch for Target and Best Buy to put them on sale (they mark them down about once a quarter). I've bought all but the last season at the $14.88 price.

message 17: by Cody (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Cody Wilshire (codywilshire) | 85 comments Target has the best sales on DVDs, you just have to watch it religiously. Best Buy can be a rip off if you aren't familiar with what a good price for certain things are so be careful!

message 18: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Thanks for the heads up Meghan. I'm sending a care package to my sister who is in Ecuador and she is wanting some Gilmore Girls!!

message 19: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Please tell me that one of the special features is "Kirk's Town Tours."

message 20: by Megan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Megan | 118 comments Yes it is. The other special features are pretty lame though. Just clips from throughout the season.

message 21: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Kirk's town Tours are pretty much just clips too, but anything that gives me more Kirk is OK by me.

message 22: by Liz M (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Liz M Target.com is selling Seasons 1 - 6 for $14.99.

message 23: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

WHAT???? All of them for $14.99??? Or do you mean each?

message 24: by Liz M (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Liz M I thought 75% off list price was good, but all of them for $14.99 would be amazing.

Each. Each complete season (seasons 1-6) for $14.99.

message 25: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) LOL, Liz and Michele!

message 26: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Meghan Makes me want to go out and buy another set!

message 27: by Nicole (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Nicole | 38 comments Has anyone purchased the set of all 7 seasons?

message 28: by Arielle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:18PM) (new)

Arielle | 120 comments Ooh, that would probably be spendy. But can you imagine the hours (days, weeks) of Gilmore Girls goodness?? I only have Season 1, but I watch on ABC Family a lot. They're on at 10:00 and 4:00 Central Standard Time.

message 29: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

I asked for season 7 for Christmas, and I have the first 6, so I won't be getting the set. I'm good to go (or will be soon)!

I found most of them at Costco one day for like 14.50 each... I got the last few copies for most of the seasons and couldn't even find a season 3! Got that on half.com for a little bit of nothing as well, and they'd only been viewed once. I'm telling you, half.com is amazing!

message 30: by Angie (new)

Angie | 512 comments I am on this season right now, took forever to get it from the library. I am so sad this is the last season! I don't even want to finish it so maybe the season won't end!