Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > Treasure Hunt (Quarterly Challenge) - aka Barbie & Ken

Comments (showing 1-50 of 505) (505 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Apr 04, 2012 09:26PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Treasure Hunt (Quarterly Challenge) - aka Barbie & Ken
Duration: 15 February – 14 May 2012

We are having a treasure hunt! This quarterly challenge is based solely on book covers. Join up to read 5, 10, 15 or 20+ books over the next 90 days. If you can find one of the below listed items on a book cover that book may be used for this challenge. No item can be used twice. Only one item per book cover. So find these items on the covers of your books, then get reading!

Items for selection:
Clothing (or predominant part thereof):
cowboy hat, top hat, beanie, singlet/sleeveless top, shirt, pants, skirt, dress, underpants, bra, stockings, jacket, business shoes, high-heels, boots, socks, sandals, scarf, tie/cravat, belt

Other items:
Personal - eye glasses (sunglasses are fine), ring, pendant/necklace, bracelet/arm-band, earring or other piercing, tattoo, watch/pocket-watch, fan, hand-mirror
Weapons - sword, knife, gun
Nice to have - flower, candle, chocolates/candy, sports ball or other sports equipment, playing cards, piece of fruit, book, computer
Transportation - boat, car, motorbike, bicycle, plane (helicopter may be substituted for plane), carriage/stagecoach, horse if it is actively being used as transport (ridden or pulling carriages)

Earn a bonus point (and the title 'Barbie' or 'Ken' for the day) if you can completely dress (full body coverage including underwear and a hat - a jacket is not necessary) and accessorise yourself through your book selection. To accessorise, you must have at least:-
Personal items - 5 of 9
Weapons - 2 of 3
Nice to have - 4 of 8
Transportation - 2 of 7

You can read any balance of items above. You can read any genre. Books from other challenges may be used. Audio books may be used. There is no minimum length. All discussions, questions and lists are to be posted in this thread. Repost your list as you progress and when you have finished.

Could everyone please post their covers on their list? This way we can all see their items as chosen...

If you aren't sure how to show a cover on your list, here is how you do it:
*Click on the 'add book/author' link at the top of the comment box.
*Type in the name of your book, and then hit search.
*Select the book (or go to 'other editions' if your cover doesn't show up the first time)
*Make sure you have the 'cover' button marked at the bottom of the dialogue box
*Click 'add'

This will put a line of text at the base of your comments box. If this isn't where you want it, highlight all text including the boxed brackets ([]), and cut and paste it into your list.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited May 06, 2012 11:44PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Finished:

Elishia: 10/10 - 7 March
Angie: 23/23 - 14 March
Mojca: 47/47 - 23 March
Kryptonite: 24/24 - 31 March
MountainKat: 13/13 - 2 April
Nikki: 10/10 - 3 April
Dina: 15/15 - 7 April
Nicola: 20/20 - 13 April
Christine: 15/15 - 17 April
Dragana: 20/20 - 18 April & then Barbie 27 April
Bookcrazy: 15/15 - 23 April
Penney: 21/20 - 25 April
JenC: 10/10 - 27 April
Lacy: 15/15 - 28 April
Fran: 21/21 - 1 May
Tina: 10/10 - 1 May
Brett: 10/10 - 3 May
Jane: 15/15 - 3 May
Julie: 10/10 - 4 May
Joann: 20/20 - 5 May
Kesha: 20/20 - 5 May
Irina: 18/18 - 7 May
KarenH: 28/28 - 7 May

message 3: by Wan (last edited Feb 18, 2012 04:44PM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments I'm in for 15. Will post the books once I figure it out.

Treasure Hunt (Quarterly Challenge) - aka Barbie & Ken
0/15

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy I'm in for 15. I'll post as I go.

A question- would one shoe/high-heel, stocking, etc. on the cover work, or does it have to be two?

message 5: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments One (of a pair) is fine, Judy - so long as it is clear that is what the item is :)

message 6: by JenC. (last edited Apr 27, 2012 10:35AM) (new)

JenC. (jencornelius) | 311 comments Finished!

10/10 Complete

Clothing:
Dress - Mount Vernon Love Story: A Novel of George and Martha Washington
Pants - The Great Santini
Tie - Bossypants
Shirt - A Wrinkle in Time
Jacket - The Blind Assassin

Other items:
Personal - fan Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, tattoo Lover Eternal
Weapons - knife Dark Lover
Nice to have - flower Peony in Love
Transportation - car The Grapes of Wrath

Peony in Love by Lisa See Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Mount Vernon Love Story A Novel of George and Martha Washington by Mary Higgins Clark Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See The Great Santini by Pat Conroy The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck Bossypants by Tina Fey Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward A Wrinkle in Time (Time, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

message 7: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4063 comments Hmmm, this sounds interesting! I'm in, but I need to do a little research before I commit to a level! :)

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky (Fibrobabe) | 979 comments I'm in! Although based on a quick survey of the book covers in my tbr, this would be a lot easier if "naked man-titty" was on the list!

message 9: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4063 comments Becky wrote: "I'm in! Although based on a quick survey of the book covers in my tbr, this would be a lot easier if "naked man-titty" was on the list!"

LOL! I was just discovering that same issue!

message 10: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Becky wrote: "I'm in! Although based on a quick survey of the book covers in my tbr, this would be a lot easier if "naked man-titty" was on the list!"

LOL - I contemplated that, but it seemed too easy!

message 11: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments I'm in, probably for 15, but I will have to confirm that after checking out some covers.... I'm sure I will have the same issue as Becky and Karen though!

message 12: by Jennifer (last edited Feb 15, 2012 04:01PM) (new)

Jennifer Recchio (JenniferRecchio) | 5 comments Not sure I picked these books right. Is the outfit supposed to coordinate or anything? Is it supposed to be a girl's outfit because I'm a girl, or is anything okay?

Treasure Hunt: 0/19

Clothing:

Cowboy Hat:
My Favorite Cowboy by Shelley Galloway
Shirt:
No Ordinary Hero (Harlequin Romantic Suspense) by Rachel Lee
Pants:
All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins
Underwear:
Manhunting by Jennifer Crusie
Socks:
The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1) by Stacey Kade
Shoes:
Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz

Personal Items:

Necklace:
Breathless (The House of Rohan, #3) by Anne Stuart
Ring:
Legacy (Legacy, #1) by Cayla Kluver

Sunglasses: Hollywood Secrets by Gemma Halliday (Cover isn't on Goodreads, but it is on Amazon)

Tattoo:
Wild & Steamy (Includes Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5) by Meljean Brook
Earring:
Vampire Vacation (The V V Inn, #1) by C H Ellisson

Weapons:

Sword:
Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera, #1) by Jim Butcher
Gun:
Twilight Warrior (Harlequin Intrigue) (Long Mountain Heroes, #2) by Aimee Thurlo

Nice to Have:

Book:
Venus Guy Trap by Shannon McKelden
Flower:
Feels Like Family (The Sweet Magnolias #3) by Sherryl Woods
Candle:
One Hundred Candles (Past Midnight, #2) by Mara Purnhagen
Piece of Fruit:
Ghost a la Mode (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #1) by Sue Ann Jaffarian

Transportation:

Car:
Alien Tango (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #2) by Gini Koch
Boat:
Now & Then by John Locke

message 13: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4063 comments Ok Jane, I have a question (or two) - how much wiggle room is there on the items you have listed? For example, would dog tags work for necklace/pendant, and would a helicopter qualify as a plane?

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 22, 2012 01:06AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Jennifer wrote: "Not sure I picked these books right. Is the outfit supposed to coordinate or anything? Is it supposed to be a girl's outfit because I'm a girl, or is anything okay?

Treasure Hunt: 0/18

Clothing:
..."

You can pick any combination of the items to make up your list. But unless you are dressed with separate items of underwear (just underpants if you are dressing your books as a boy), you can't achieve the heady heights of bonus-land...

It looks as if you are going for bonus territory, in which case you need to separate underwear to a man's pair of jocks (not sure what the cover of manhunting has on it as I type :) and you'll need shoes and socks.

****edit****

OK - boxer shorts - that works. Just need to put some footwear on if you are going for the bonus :)

message 15: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 12, 2012 08:53PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Just to clarify, you can have any weighting or mix of items when building your list. You only need to collect the stated minimum quantities of accessories and make sure are dressed (male or female - whatever works for you) if you are going for the bonus point.

message 16: by Rishika (new)

Rishika | 136 comments I am in Will post the list aas soon as i decide...

message 17: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1188 comments I'm in...Not sure as to how many items I'm going for. Going with the flow, I guess.

message 18: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1188 comments Question: can we use one book for multiple items?

A guy wearing only a pair of pants and a gun (very popular in the covers, I think), could we use both pants and gun or does only one item per cover apply?

message 19: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Mojca wrote: "Question: can we use one book for multiple items?

A guy wearing only a pair of pants and a gun (very popular in the covers, I think), could we use both pants and gun or does only one item per co..."

One item per cover please Mojca :)

message 20: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Could everyone please post their covers on their list? This way we can all see their items as chosen...

If you aren't sure how to show a cover on your list, here is how you do it:
*Click on the 'add book/author' link at the top of the comment box.
*Type in the name of your book, and then hit search.
*Select the book (or go to 'other editions' if your cover doesn't show up the first time)
*Make sure you have the 'cover' button marked at the bottom of the dialogue box
*Click 'add'

This will put a line of text at the base of your comments box. If this isn't where you want it, highlight all text including the boxed brackets ([]), and cut and paste it into your list.

message 21: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited May 11, 2012 05:38PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (Shuga) | 881 comments CLOTHING:
1. bra~ Dating A Cougar (Never Too Late #1) by Donna McDonald, donna macdonald
2. stockings(leggings)~ Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3) by Sara Shepard,sara shepard
3. dress~ The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1) by Lauren Willig,lauren willig Read 03.01.2012
4. shoes~ Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4) by Cleo Coyle,cleo coyle
5. cloak~ The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig,lauren willig
6. underpants~ Passionate Pleasures (The Channel #5) by Bertrice Small,bertrice small
7. hat~ 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Jazz Tremaine #1) by Linda Wisdom,linda wisdom

PERSONAL ITEMS:
8. necklace~
The Deception of the Emerald Ring (Pink Carnation, #3) by Lauren Willig,lauren willig
9. fan~ Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas,lisa kleypas
10. sunglasses~ The Berenstain Bears and the School Scandal Sheet by Stan Berenstain,gemma halliday
11. earrings~ A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones, #1) by Katie MacAlister,katie macalister
12. tattoo~ Spell of the Highlander (Highlander, #7) by Karen Marie Moning,karen marie moning

WEAPONS:
13. sword~ Masques (Sianim, #1) by Patricia Briggs,patricia briggs
14. knife~ Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8) by Kim Harrison,kim harrison READ 02.24.2012

NICE TO HAVE:
15. flower~ The Masque of the Black Tulip (Pink Carnation, #2) by Lauren Willig,lauren willig Read 04.11.2012
16. candle~ No Rest for the Wiccan (A Bewitching Mystery, #4) by Madelyn Alt,madelyn alt Read 03.02.2012
17. piece of fruit~ Apple Turnover Murder (Hannah Swensen, #13) by Joanne Fluke,joanne fluke
18. book~ A Witch in Time (A Bewitching Mystery, #6) by Madelyn Alt,madelyn alt

TRANSPORTATION:
19. car~
Body Movers (Body Movers, #1) by Stephanie Bond,stephanie bonds Read 05.11.2012
20. motorbike~
Nauti Nights  by Lora Leigh,lora leigh

message 22: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 13, 2012 08:24PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Sallie - you have two flowers. You can only use one item once. Can you find another item to hit 18?

And if you are going for the bonus, can you add a pair of underpants?? LOL! (I know not everyone wears them, but I think we need them to be completely dressed for this challenge ;)

message 23: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4063 comments Jane, a couple of things - I asked a question yesterday (msg 13) that I think got missed in the shuffle: How much wiggle room is there on the items you have listed? For example, would dog tags work for necklace/pendant, and would a helicopter qualify as a plane?

Also, just to verify, I'm assuming no minimum length for the books, and audiobooks are acceptable?

message 24: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8666 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: "Also, just to verify, I'm assuming no minimum length for the books, and audiobooks are acceptable? "

Oh, good questions! I would like to know about that too.

message 25: by Becky (new)

Becky (Fibrobabe) | 979 comments And do we have to choose all the books ahead of time, or can we design our ensembles as we go?

message 26: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: "Jane, a couple of things - I asked a question yesterday (msg 13) that I think got missed in the shuffle: How much wiggle room is there on the items you have listed? For example, would dog tags work..."

Sorry Karen - I did miss those queries :(

I'll accept both your substitutes :)

I think if there is wiggle room or some doubt, we'll just treat it on a case by case basis...

message 27: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Ooops - I didn't answer the length question.

There is no minimum length and audio books are fine :)

message 28: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Becky wrote: "And do we have to choose all the books ahead of time, or can we design our ensembles as we go?"

Either option is fine. Some ppl like to plan ahead, others just fill in as they go. I'm fine with either option...

message 29: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4063 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Sorry Karen - I did miss those queries :(

I'll accept both your substitutes :)..."

Thanks, Jane! I was going to have to fine someplace else to use Nightfire (Protectors #3) by Lisa Marie Rice if the dog tags didn't work, and as you can see, there aren't many other options! :)

message 30: by Lizz (new)

Lizz | 728 comments I am in and I'm going for ten but might move up to 20. I'm going to post as I go

message 31: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 13, 2012 08:37PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments LOL! Yup - a relatively 'useless' singlet is your only other option (at least, I think that is what she is hauling up)! Looks a good book - I'll watch for your review :)

message 32: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 4063 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "LOL! Yup - a relatively 'useless' singlet is your only other option (at least, I think that is what she is hauling up)! Looks a good book - I'll watch for your review :)"

Well, I make no promises - I'm not much of a reviewer on my best day! ;) But I will say that when it comes to Romantic Suspense, Lisa Marie Rice is one of my top 2 or 3 favorite authors (writing both as Lisa Marie Rice and also as Elizabeth Jennings), and definitely an auto-buy!

message 33: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 644 comments I'm going to give this a try, posting as I go. One question - does the number of books I choose have to be in a multiple of 5, or can I stop in-between (i.e. 17 books)?

message 34: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "LOL! Yup - a relatively 'useless' singlet is your only other option (at least, I think that is what she is hauling up)! Looks a good book - I'll watch for your review :)"

Well,..."

I haven't ever read one of her books. Looks like I need to add one to my wishlist :)

message 35: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 13, 2012 09:00PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Nicola wrote: "I'm going to give this a try, posting as I go. One question - does the number of books I choose have to be in a multiple of 5, or can I stop in-between (i.e. 17 books)?"

Well, you are meant to pick one of the levels, but no-one will slap your wrist for an in-between number. Feel free to target 17. :)

message 36: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 644 comments Just checking-- but I will go for 20, since I know I will be forgiven if I only reach 17!
Thanks Jane

message 37: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments So true! Aim high, my father always said :)

message 38: by Bookchaser (last edited Feb 14, 2012 11:23AM) (new)

Bookchaser | 1563 comments I'm in!!! I want to do this challenge but I have some questions - inquiring minds want to know.

Clothing:
Are we allowed to count kilts, belts or vest/waistcoat for men's clothing?
For ladies can we count mufflers?
Would ice skates be an acceptable substitute for shoes/boots?

Other Items:
Personal: I found a brooch, Man's arm band, lady's bracelet, watch/pocket watch, key and a hand mirror. Are they all acceptable?

Weapons: One of the books I want to read next month has the hero holding a battle axe. Is this okay?

Nice to Have: Other foods, candy/chocolates, cooking utensils, dishes, silverware, other sports equipment including baseball bat, hockey stick & puck, pets. Acceptable?

Transportation: Bicycles? Horse? Horse & carriage? Stagecoach?

message 39: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 14, 2012 07:39PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Bookchaser wrote: "I'm in!!! I want to do this challenge but I have some questions - inquiring minds want to know.

Clothing:
For ladies c..."

LOL!!!

I have to eat lunch - I'll be back in an hour or so to address all these issues :)

*****edit******

Clothing:
A: I will accept kilts (skirts) and vest/waistcoat (singlet/sleeveless top) - but you'll still need a shirt if you are going for bonus :) I'll add the belt to the list for those dressing Ken but it isn't necessary for the bonus point.

For ladies can we count mufflers?
A: Yes - as replacement for the scarf.

Would ice skates be an acceptable substitute for shoes/boots?
A: LOL - yes, they are pretty much boots with attachments :)

Other Items:
Personal: I found a brooch, Man's arm band, lady's bracelet, watch/pocket watch, key and a hand mirror. Are they all acceptable?
A: To allow for greater breadth, I'll put bracelet on the list which can encompass arm-band, the watch and pocket watch and the hand mirror )for all the historical readers). But no to brooch & key.

Weapons: One of the books I want to read next month has the hero holding a battle axe. Is this okay?
A: I'll accept this as a very short sword blade, but I won't put it on the list :)

Nice to Have: Other foods, candy/chocolates, cooking utensils, dishes, silverware, other sports equipment including baseball bat, hockey stick & puck, pets. Acceptable?
A: No to other food
Yes to chocolate/candy
No to cooking utensils, dishes, silverware
Yes to other sports equipment
No to pets.

Transportation: Bicycles? Horse? Horse & carriage? Stagecoach?
A: I'll accept all of the above so long as the horses are being used as transportation and not just part of the picture.

message 40: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 14, 2012 07:44PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Everyone - please note that Bookchaser's queries have expanded the items search... :)

message 41: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 9116 comments Jane, I am looking at my tbr list and noticed a trend in my book covers- they are mostly men and they are almost all shirtless! I am obviously attracted to men's chests, lol! But I'm sure I can manage to find a few clothed people somewhere, will post list soon :)

message 42: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Fran wrote: "Jane, I am looking at my tbr list and noticed a trend in my book covers- they are mostly men and they are almost all shirtless! I am obviously attracted to men's chests, lol! But I'm sure I can man..."

LOL! My idea emanated from our book cover hunt game when all our covers had to have a half-naked bloke with an 'item'... Lots of fun and great perv opportunities :)

message 43: by Becky (new)

Becky (Fibrobabe) | 979 comments I finally found one, but the item I had to search hardest for was socks!

message 44: by Bookchaser (new)

Bookchaser | 1563 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Bookchaser wrote: "I'm in!!! I want to do this challenge but I have some questions - inquiring minds want to know.

Clothing:
Are we allowed to count kilts, belts or vest/waistcoat for men's clot..."

Thank you Jane!!! I'm going to go put together my list now.

message 45: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Becky wrote: "I finally found one, but the item I had to search hardest for was socks!"

I have to admit - I thought that could be difficult :)

message 46: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1188 comments Jane, I decided to try and find every single item on the list (I'm not going for any bonuses, because I hate Barbie dolls and Ken is just...yuk).

Anyway, I found everything (even socks!), but the beanie. Can I substitute it with something else...Like a Santa hat or something similar? Pretty please. :)

message 47: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 15, 2012 12:50AM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 13552 comments Mojca wrote: "Jane, I decided to try and find every single item on the list (I'm not going for any bonuses, because I hate Barbie dolls and Ken is just...yuk).

Anyway, I found everything (even socks!), but th..."

LOL - sure. I did see a few santa hats on covers, and they fit like a beanie :)

(I wasn't a Barbie girl either - but it seemed to fit the challenge ;)

message 48: by Mojca (new)

Mojca | 1188 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "LOL - sure. I did see a few santa hats on covers, and they fit like a beanie :)"

Yay! Thanks, Jane.

message 49: by Killian (last edited Feb 15, 2012 03:45AM) (new)

Killian (KillianPerry) | 51 comments Going for 20! I'll update as I add more... Also, sorry about the million edits I made to this thing...

I have a question about "full body coverage". A few of the items in the list seem more like accessories (scarf, belt, tie). Looking at my list below I think all I have left is underpants??

Also, by adding the underpants to "Clothing" it puts my total at 21. Is there a number cap for this category if we are going the bonus points, because if you do the total for the other categories all you have left is 7 spaces. Can I go "commando"? :D

Treasure Hunt (Quarterly Challenge) - aka Barbie & Ken"
0/20

Clothing
1. Cowboy Hat: Texas Destiny by Lorraine Heath
2. Jacket: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
3. Dress: Indigo by Beverly Jenkins
4. Boots: Scoundrel by Zoe Archer
5. Tie/Cravat: Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain
6. Bra:The Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich
7. Socks: We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
8. Underpants:

Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1) by Lorraine Heath The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #3) by Arthur Conan Doyle Indigo by Beverly Jenkins Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2) by Zoe Archer Medium Raw A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook by Anthony Bourdain The Accidental Billionaires The Founding of Facebook A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal by Ben Mezrich We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

Personal Items 5/9
9.Ring:The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
10.Pendant/Necklace Trust Me On This by Jennifer Cruise
11.Eye Glasses: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Weapons 2/3
14. Knife: The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason (I figure a stake is basically a knife?)
15. Sword:Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J K Rowling

The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Gleason Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling

Nice To Have 4/8

Transportation 2/3
20. Car:The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
21. Boat: Sea Change by Darlene Marshall

The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler Sea Change by Darlene Marshall

message 50: by Lady Jaye (last edited Feb 15, 2012 06:08AM) (new)

Lady Jaye (lady-jaye) | 140 comments I'm in for 20. Will be back later to post my picks.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Masques (other topics)
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (other topics)
Apple Turnover Murder (other topics)
Spell of the Highlander (other topics)
Dating a Cougar (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Marie Rice (other topics)
Josh Lanyon (other topics)
Connie Brockway (other topics)
Inez Kelley (other topics)
Julie James (other topics)
More...