Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

The Pagan Stone (Sign of Seven, #3)
This topic is about The Pagan Stone
Book Discussions > The Pagan Stone (Sign of Seven #3)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I'm happy there were surprises in this one that I didn't see coming.

One being whether Gage was really going to sacrifice himself or not. It sounds silly, but for a while I kept expecting the dog, Lump, to be the one that ended up doing it an dying for the team. More than one once he was mentioned, and he even participated in the blood sharing.

Two - I wasn't expecting Gage's dad to get killed either. I fully expected Gage to forgive him and they would live HEA.

What did you guys think?

Teryl I sort of thought Bill was going to die trying to protect Gage. I too was thinking Lump was going to be the one sacrificed too.

The pregnancies surprised me the most. Once Layla found out she was, I figured Cybil was going to be too.

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I was ok with Quinn and Layla, but then when Cybil popped up pregnant too...I thought it was kinda silly.

message 4: by jenjn79 (last edited Apr 10, 2009 09:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
The triple pregnancy was a little hokey, but I thought it was fitting for the story - with all the tie-ins about ancestors, blood connections and all that. It fit for me.

Nora Roberts
[image error]

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) I wasn't surprised by the pregnancies, I didn't feel hokey but predictable with the way things were going in 3's and 7's...
I didn't love the end, I wanted it to be a little more like jump to 7 years later and how they felt about it not happening and having babies or whatever. I liked Cybil and Quinn, Layla got on my nerves a lot...I liked all the guys. And was it just me or did anyone else feel that sting of hurt when Cyb tells Gage about the baby and he's so mean? I teared up...but that might just be from having a fear of that happening to me when I someday get preggers. lol I loved this series, one of my very favorites from Nora! Sad that it's over.

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
Cassidy...an epilogue 7 years down the line would have been the perfect ending! I would have loved to have read something like that to end out this series. But authors seem to hate writing epilogues like that these days. So I wasn't surprised by the "quick" ending.

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments I balled my head off when Gage's dad died. I wasn't expecting that. I was hoping they'd get to talk more and Gage finally forgiving him as much as he could. It's the way Gage sort of felt detached and a little lost as to what to do when his dad died that struck kinda close to home.

I did find the 3 pregnancies a little on the hokey side. Sure, it's relevant to the story's plot, with their ancestry and all, but I'd have liked something to be a little different towards beating the demon. *shrug*

I did find, however, that the discussions about their relationship (Gage and Cybil) was getting to be a little much. Everytime they'd discuss what their relationship was going to be or not going to be was getting to me. It was like: Enough, already!

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) The epilogue was ok, but kind of a let down. Sheesh it was like an hour later. Why bother calling it an epilogue? But I did like the series a lot.

Teryl I love a good epilogue and hate when it is right after the story ends.

THe pregnancies didn't bother me, but then I am one of those that likes pregnancy stories.

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) I don't like quick endings, feels unfinished. I agree Kim, an hour later just wasn't enough...I mean I wanted to know what happened right after it went down but also how did things pan out? Was it creepy to be sitting there 7 years later and have nothing happen, did they have a party? lol I loved the book though but endings make me sad when they seem quick and easy. It's like I need closer! But maybe that would have been to sugar sweet with a big bow on top...who knows but I'll just make up what happened in my own mind and be happy with that. :)

Nikki ♥ | 283 comments I agree also, the book would have been so much better if the epilogue was 7 years later.

Sherry (wstridgerunner) My issue was with the name "Quinn", not the character, but the name, everytime I was getting into the story line, Quinn would appear and my brain would auto pilot to the Chesapeake series. But that's probably just me, I tend to be twisted and strange LOL :)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I agree, Sherry. I didn't find Quinn a feminine name, and I also thought of my beloved Quinn Bros!

message 14: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments Sherry wrote: "My issue was with the name "Quinn", not the character, but the name, everytime I was getting into the story line, Quinn would appear and my brain would auto pilot to the Chesapeake series. But tha..."

And I thought that was just me. I got over it by the end of the book, but it happens whenever Nora uses a name for a character that she's already used: Anna, Spinelli and MacGregor. Grace, Monroe and in the Star trilogy. Cybil, Quinn and this last one...there were others, too.

April (aprilvirgo) I kind of felt the same about the ending but then I realized there was a sorta-epilogue via the visions Gage and Cybil had. It wasn't enough for me, but at least we got to see them all happy and together more than an hour later. I love the idea having a 7-year update though.

The pregnancies bothered me only because it came off a little cheesy. I will say that I was surprised by the pregnancies and that's always nice. I really wish Nora would have included Cal and Fox's reactions to the pregnancies - she just kind of glossed over that part and I think it would have been really sweet.

message 16: by Gina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (ginrobi) | 40 comments I agree completely, April. Cheesy it was. I kept going back to the visions after I finished the book, and I kept thinking... visions they saw, especially Cybil, could change if something different happened. What would have she/they have seen if something else happened? Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I didn't really think of the visions as epilogues. That is a good point. I'll have to think about that! Thanks, April!

Cooper My mom made me read these books and turned out i loved them except having to skip parts of this book, cause im only 13, the suspense was awesome. My Favorite part was when Gage was killing the demon. Roberts did a great job with her first fantasy!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Pagan Stone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)