Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

The Wednesday Wars
This topic is about The Wednesday Wars
The Wednesday Wars Discussions > Initial thoughts/reactions

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Vicki What do you think so far? Include thoughts on the characters, Holling, his family, his perceptions of Mrs. Baker or anything you feel like talking about.

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 46 comments I'm only a few pages in, and Holling seems extremely paranoid to me! I don't know what to make of Mrs. Baker yet.

Vicki I just thought Mrs. Baker didn't want to stay in school for one kid. But I did think Holling was very paranoid!

message 4: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I will be starting the book next week sometime!

message 5: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

OK so I am actually starting this book tonight!

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I'll probably start tomorrow.

message 7: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (last edited Jan 06, 2009 08:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

So I am pretty far in the book now and am enjoying it so far. At first it was slow and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not. But the farther into the novel I got the more I enjoy it! I have to say I am surprised more members didn't participate in reading this book. Maybe because it is has some historical context in it?

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I wanted to participate - it's been on my to-read list; I just didn't have the time. Of course, it's about "my" era when I was growing up so it's not historical in the same way as it is to a young person today.

message 9: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I wonder if a YA would be interested in this? I know when I was a YA I probably would not pick this book up unless it was assigned to me.