The Trench discussion

Carepackages for the troops

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner  | 360 comments Mod
baby wipes
batteries (AA AAA some specialty batt. also.
chap stick
drink powders (drinking water really gets old after a few months)
modest and not so modest magazines
socks

it has been a few years so I am sure things are more available now then when I was there. Things were improving all the time so I can only assume things have dramatically changed since 05' If you call recruiting centers I am sure they can point you in the right direction. I believe there are also mailer list where you can send directly to a service member or unit.

Oh and a "date a marine" e-mail list. I don't know anything about it other then it is a list of e-mail addresses of single marines serving in combat theaters. friend/friends with benefits welcome. It is good for moral if the troops have something to look forward to when they come home. You would be surprised how many service members have nothing to come home to. Friends/family. I always found it odd that those that fight for this country have so little vested interest in it.

message 2: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments Hey thanks for these suggestions - always a good idea. I've helped pack said items as a volunteer with Move America Forward, and I hope to do so again this year. I'll try to make these suggestions.

message 3: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Nick said even though I've been tagged a bleeding heart by conservatives everywhere I could come in here and subject myself to public derision if I wanted to. I just wanted to join so I could post a link to the organization I have chosen to send stuff to the troops through:

http://www.opgratitude.com/wishlist.php

I knit scarves last year and sent them to Sharon Howard to be included in the care packages they put together. This year I'm working on hand warmers.

Servius  Heiner  | 360 comments Mod
and please don't forget the nude mags, members of all branches will be please with that. :D

bleed on that ;)