twilight lovers! discussion

Twilight Movie > Two Stars?!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments omg i cannot believe that they only gave twilight 2 out of4 stars! wat the freak man sooooooooo much betr than that!!!! who agrees?

message 2: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments ME! I would have given it 3 and a half! IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER!

message 3: by Bailey (new)

Bailey (werewolflvr) | 73 comments that's ridiculous! it was way better than a 2 star movie! i even talked to my friends who hadn't read the book- because they'e an objective opinion in the matter at hand- and they were like that movie was awesome! so whoever rated twilight seriously needs a personality overhaul!

message 4: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments Because of that movie, 15 more girls are reading Twilight in our grade. Out of the 99 girls, 95 are reading Twilight now.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie i'm way picky about my movies just ask any of my friends. so when i went to see this i overly judged it in my head i looked at acting skills directin, camara angels the whole ball of twine.
so as a twihard fan it was a way good movie but as a person just going to see the movie *I'm going to regret this* it wasn't all that good actually it was kinda bad

message 6: by Jamain (new)

Jamain (justcallmejj) | 117 comments I thought it was 2 1/2???

message 7: by Maralune (new)

Maralune I don't read the ratings.... Because most of the time I disagree totally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by Court (new)

Court 2 stars is understandable.
my teacher tells me I should be a critic hahahaha that really has nuthin to do w/ this..but if I were a critic i probly would've only given it one star. 2 was..generous. Especially cuz I read the book..

message 9: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Bermejo (angelicabermejo) Totally agree with you Courtney, 2 star is way to generous, we have to be objetive, we loving the story does not make it a great movie, in fact i think it was terrible, the script, the direction, the casting, almost everything, ugh!!

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie ha ha i totally agree with courtney and Angelica! i really want to be a director when i grow up so i'm alway being a critic at movies! and i'm always thinking about what i would have done differently (p.s fireing kristen stewart would be my first act)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

*Revives Dead Topic*

I actually had the movie on my "favorites" list, after I watched it. I even gave it 5 stars on Netflix. I liked it so much I had to read the book, that's the short version of "how I became a twilight fan", I watched the film, then ran to read the book. Of course the movie paled in comparison afterwards...

Tiffany (Dawkins) Dawkins (tiffanydawkins) | 44 comments I also watched the movie first and that opened the book door for me.

I thought the movie was good, I mean you rarely find a movie that is as good as the book.

I 5 starred it too!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

i wonder if they rated it on how good the movie itself was or was in common the book had with the movie.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

That's a good theory, Amy. I also wonder that.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

thx

message 16: by Monika (new)

Monika (marriedmurder) | 71 comments i just watched it on on-demand on sunday.....i was laughing the entire time! it was just horrible, and hard to watch....the books are so good, and what they did with that movie was just a shame...

Tiffany (Dawkins) Dawkins (tiffanydawkins) | 44 comments What did or did you not like about the movie?

message 18: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
I think for me as long as I just watch the movie and don't compare it to the book its ok but if I compare it to the book then it's slightly sad.

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie Well, I'd give it atleast 3.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Like I've said before. If you watch the movie without knowledge of the book. It is best movie ever! Not a shame in any respect. But if you read the books first of course you're going to be disappointed. Why would you expect to love it? As a movie, and not a book tie-in it was probably one of the best I've seen.

...Then I read Twilight and it wasn't the same, but still. Great movie.

message 21: by Mellady77 (new)

Mellady77 Stibich | 1149 comments Melzz wrote: "Like I've said before. If you watch the movie without knowledge of the book. It is best movie ever! Not a shame in any respect. But if you read the books first of course you're going to be disappoi..."

I actually disagree with you for once. Without reading the books I saw the movie first and it was just an "okay" movie by my standards. It was because the movie was so mediocre that I read the books to see what all the fuss was about. Then, I was even more disappointed with the movie. (Didn't I already post this somewhere?) I did buy the movie, but only because I knew they would film the other books and I'd want the whole set.
I am completely waiting on pins and needles for New Moon. It looks like they are following the book on this one and it really looks like it's going to be a great film.

message 22: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade Actually, I would've given Twilight (the movie, NOT the book) two stars, too. I mean, the movie was good, but it was just kind of... meh. I think New Moon's going to be MUCH better, though, so I'm excited :D

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess I just enjoyed it more than you did, Mellady. We all have different experiences. Let me tell you what I liked specifically:

The Little Details: The cactus she was holding. The wolf poster in her room. The notes scribbled on Edward's wall. The journal he kept with him in a lot of scenes. Cullen clan jewelry, great attention to detail.
The Voice Overs: The beginning one was very poetic, and chilling. Especially how it occurred while Bambi was frolicking by the water, and was chased and caught. By who? By Edward.
The expression on their faces: Did you notice that look Jacob gave Edward at the prom before he left? Or the face Bella made when Edward was trying to switch classes? That was a face I will never be able to accomplish as long as I live.
The music: Loved the music, "Eyes on Fire" is the perfect dreamy-trans song.
The Action Sequences: Tons of mirror breaking, and head bashing. Plus, Bella was semi-unconscious when she mentioned it. So we never got that in the book.
The Nomads: How could you not love that other angle? How dangerously evil they were? I actually liked Waylon (I had no idea he wasn't in the book) and his demise was sad and necessary.
The Research: In the book, Jacob just came out and basically told her everything, because he thought it was a cool scary story. So Bella went back to turn on her really old computer, and went downstairs for a sandwich, came back to some info then went away again. How much of a sequence is that? In the movie she went to the quileute shop, flipped through the book, found "cold ones" typed into her brand new Mac, and found all these mythologies and creepy pictures.

I think it's safe to say we can agree to disagree.

message 24: by Roksana (new)

Roksana | 118 comments Melzz wrote: "*Revives Dead Topic*

I actually had the movie on my "favorites" list, after I watched it. I even gave it 5 stars on Netflix. I liked it so much I had to read the book, that's the short version o..."

same here!!

message 25: by Palupi (new)

Palupi | 19 comments *jasper[♥:]alice* wrote: "omg i cannot believe that they only gave twilight 2 out of4 stars! wat the freak man sooooooooo much betr than that!!!! who agrees?"

me agree....

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 17, 2009 12:59PM) (new)

Well actually it was probably a man rating it.
Plus the movie was lame New MOON is looking better.

message 27: by Wesley (new)

Wesley (wes615) | 10 comments Amber (thing 1) wrote: "Well actually it was probably a man rating it.
Plus the movie was lame New MOON is looking better."

I disagree, I think the movie was very good knowing they had a small budget. They did all they could do and I loved every second of it ;)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, Wesley. It had a certain charm.

message 29: by Wesley (new)

Wesley (wes615) | 10 comments I hope that charm and more will be in New Moon, too, though :D

message 30: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I thought it was a really good movie, I have hardly any criticism for it. But a lot of people didn't like the movie. Some people sid that rob acted like rob too much sometimes, and that Jasper didn't act new enough to the vampire world. I also heard that some of the effects were noticable. Like in Bella's oom with edward, when he pushes himself away it really does look like he is being yanked away. My mom doesn't think Alice had enough fashion sense, too. But I loved the movie.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked it in that cheesy horrible movie way.

message 32: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments I think that the book was wayyy better then the movie. i hope they don't ruin the New Moon movie. I will like personaly sue them. JK

message 33: by Mellady77 (new)

Mellady77 Stibich | 1149 comments Ammie wrote: "I think that the book was wayyy better then the movie. i hope they don't ruin the New Moon movie. I will like personaly sue them. JK"

I totally agree with you there!

message 34: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments Yeah, like most of my friends agree with me because they think it like a disgrace

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I think if you watched it before you read the book, you would have liked it more.

Like, most people who haven't read the book, think it was the best movie ever. But most people that have read it, think it was a "disgrace".

message 36: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments Yeah. Well I haven't actully met anyone who didn't read the book before the movie.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

You have now.

message 38: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments seriously!! you??? huh. i thought you know u would have read it. ohhh BTW have u read the vampire academy series????

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 08, 2009 02:03PM) (new)

Ammie wrote: "seriously!! you??? huh. i thought you know u would have read it."

I didn't know too much about the movie or the book when I rented it. Then, I saw it and I couldn't stop thinking about the film. I talked about it incessantly, until finally someone bought me the book, and then it was all over. Then I joined this website, and this group, and got hooked on reading. So, the movie is kind of sentimental to me, because I wouldn't have read the novels, and wouldn't be here to meet you guys, and be passionate about books in general, if it weren't for the film. *shrugs*

Ammie wrote: "ohhh BTW have u read the vampire academy series????"

Not yet, it's in my to-read.

message 40: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments "Not yet, it's in my to-read."

oh u should tottally read it!!!!

message 41: by Mellady77 (new)

Mellady77 Stibich | 1149 comments Melzz wrote: "You have now."

Ditto...

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

*jasper[♥:]alice* wrote: "omg i cannot believe that they only gave twilight 2 out of4 stars! wat the freak man sooooooooo much betr than that!!!! who agrees?"

WTF!? it was WAY better than that!

message 43: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade Hmm... I actually say that 2 stars (wait, out of 4?) is a decent rating for Twilight. (Although out of 5 stars, I'd probably give it 2 1/2 or 3.) Just PLEASE don't chase me with pitchforks and torches until you read my post! O_O

Like Melz said in post... uh... 24, the little details were great. (I liked the cactus, too :D) There are probably a bunch of little things I missed the first time, and if I watch it again I'll notice. I like that kind of thing. :)

But at the same time, some of the acting was very... bland. Flat. Frankly, sort of boring. SOMETIMES, not all the time. It was kind of like...

Bella: *blank, supposed-to-be-loving stare* I love you.
Edward: You are my life now.
Bella: *blank stare*
Ten seconds later...
Bella: *blank stare*

I thought Kristen Stewart could've done a little better on the parts like that. Like the meadow (Blank Stare CITY!). But she's not completely horrible or anything- in some scenes, like in the ballet studio, she was really good.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, the acting could have been better, but I didn't focus on the expressions so much when I first saw it, I was very in the moment.

message 45: by M (new)

M (readergirl67) Omigosh...Only 2 stars? How could they!? It's like the movie of the decade?

message 46: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments Nightshade wrote: "Hmm... I actually say that 2 stars (wait, out of 4?) is a decent rating for Twilight. (Although out of 5 stars, I'd probably give it 2 1/2 or 3.) Just PLEASE don't chase me with pitchforks and torc..."

i acttully agrree with u, but the movie new moon they didn't ruin!!!! it was awesome!!!!!!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

YEA!!!!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

It was a good movie but hardly the movie of the decade as far as being a work of art goes.
Very very cheesy.
But I loved it just as well.
The movie of the decade as far as quality goes is Sandra Bullocks The Blindside if not the decade the year.
But I guess some of you guys have different taste

message 49: by Ammie (new)

Ammie (footballwrestlingrock) | 92 comments well, i'm a chick-flick girl. so i like different types of movies!!! but THE BLINDSIDE was really good!!!!

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 17, 2009 12:48PM) (new)

Yes the Blindside was amazing

"I want a proper hug"

« previous 1