Jodi Picoult Books Reading Group. discussion

Seeing Jody Picoult in Person

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Clare | 15 comments I was fortunate enough to see Jody Picoult in person at a school in Sandwich, Mass. She was so delightful! She and Alice Hoffman were both there to speak and read a little from one of their books. Jody kept saying, "I can't believe I'm here with ALICE HOFFMAN!!" She was bright and funny and very real. She read from Nineteen Minutes which she had just submitted to her publisher, and also spoke about how she had done research for the book. She certainly doesn't just sit down and whip a book out but spends a long time doing research which in my opinion makes her books topical and interesting. She is a very outgoing person in real life. I didn't even have to pay to see her which I would have. I enjoy her books and after hearing about how she does extensive research, I get more out of them now than I did before.

message 2: by Joanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Joanie | 23 comments My friend went to that talk too and said how silly Jodi Picoult was (not in a bad way or anything.) She also remarked on how excited she was to be there with Alice Hoffman.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Jodi Picoult is a wonderful woman! I got to see her at an Arizona Book Festival I think two years ago. It was fully worth hearing her speak. She's very outgoing, friendly and I got my hardcover of The Tenth Circle signed. YIPEEE!!!!

message 4: by Rose Ann (new)

Rose Ann A little late here...but I am planning to go to her book signing in August in her hometown in New Hampshire.
Cant wait!!

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (Barbee) | 8 comments She was at BJ's Wholesale in Middle Village, Queens (my hometown) promoting Change of Heart - I want to say March, maybe? Anyway, she signed my Change of Heart AND The Tenth Circle! She's such a lovely person and I was thrilled to meet her! Also, when you email her, she responds back and to me that's so awesome!!!! Rose Ann, do post and let us know how it went!!!!!

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess Halfacre | 8 comments I reaally want to meet her! But it's so annoying living in England, as she is so largely based in America.

message 7: by Leena (new)

Leena Almashat | 59 comments me too!! i wanna meet her!

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) I saw her in March at the bookstore that I work at in Huntington, NY. She is great, so down to earth and real. If any of you get a chance to meet her, I definitely recommend going!

message 9: by Rose Ann (new)

Rose Ann Looks like I'll be missing her August one in New Hampshire....we have a wedding that weekend, and our daughter is the flower girl...

I'll keep watching for an event close to me...I'd love to meet her in person!