South Shore Readers discussion

What are the Five Best Books You've Ever Read?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Clare | 21 comments I love books so much that I am going to have to do some thinking about this myself but I know Anne Frank's diary is right up there as well as To Kill A Mockingbird. How about you?

message 2: by ★Lalita ❤︎ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

★Lalita ❤︎ (lalita) | 19 comments Mmmm...tough one, but let me narrow it down I guess:) Right now I'd say A Little Princess, The Harry Potter series, The Old Man and the Sea, The Diary of Anne Frank, and Outlander(by Diana Gabaldon).

message 3: by Joanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Joanie | 490 comments Mod
This is really hard-To Kill a Mockingbird is definitely up there as one of my favorite books of all times. I don't think I can narrow it down to five at all. I try to think about the books that I don't want to loan out or the ones I definitely want back. I loved the Harry Potter books too, and I loved Wally Lamb's books. I also really loved Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood when it came out but then it kind of got over exposed or something and it lost some of it's magic for me. I'll have to keep thinking about this one.

message 4: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Clare | 21 comments The Word Thief which I loved is now on my all-time favorites list. It's listed as a Young Adult book which I didn't realize when I borrowed it from the library but it is so excellent that I want to buy it and I never buy new books anymore due to lack of room.

message 5: by Sharon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Sharon I don't think I can list the 5 best books but I could list the 5 best authors that I love...Sophia Kinsella, Jennifer Weiner, Jane Green, JK Rowling...ok thats only 4. =) Those are the only ones I can think of that I look forward to reading and constantly check to see if they have a new book coming out. Although there will be no more Harry Potter books which I am kind of sad about.

message 6: by Julianne (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Julianne | 7 comments Oh, I love this question! To Kill a Mockingbird is my all time favorite. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn would be next. My final three favorites are The Lovely Bones, Left To Tell and Molo'Kai. All different, but I could re-read any of them again and again.

message 7: by Clare (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Clare | 21 comments Oh, goody, I just took Moloka'I out of the library! I love finding new good books and appreciate all who have responded to this question. I am also remembering some books I read ages ago: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn...I loved that and will have to read it again. I think I read it about a million years ago.