The 5000 Year Leap: A Miracle That Changed the World The 5000 Year Leap discussion

Standard School teaching???

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robert This book in my opinion should be on the list for standard reading for all schools. Their is no valid argument for not teaching it if you support american values, and value republican democracy. This is the litmus test, ask your teachers to teach this to your kids, or if your in public school to teach this in your class. If the teacher disagrees, well I honestly believe they don't have your best interests or the interests of the future of our country at heart. This is back to basics constitutionalism, the way the founders intended, and the reason our country is/was great to begin with.

message 2: by Kristin (last edited Mar 01, 2009 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristin I am reading the book now and I concur with your view wholeheartedly! I have 4 children and I will recommend this book to each of them as well as their history teachers.
The great question for all of us who read this book...will we act on what we learned. Do we have the courage to become virtuous individuals and to help our families become virtuous families. As virtuous people, will we have the courage to make the sacrifices to get involved in public service for the good of the country not for the good of ourselves? I recognize I need to get to work and make some significant improvements in myself.

Carolyn Incredible book! EVERY citizen of this country should become familiar with these principles! We have a homeschool co-op class based on this book. We have 22 teenagers all studying and TEACHING the principles in this book. I'm so impressed with how much they understand about the constitution and how they can look at our government today and see how much we have deviated from the founding father's original vision of what our country could be! We are hoping to start up a chapter of "Young Citizens" in our homeschool group as well to give these kids a chance to live what they are learning and bring this knowledge out into the community.

Joel Robbins Despite that wacky shock-jock Glenn Beck recommended it, I think this books should be required reading for every voter. I just got back from two years in a pseudo-republic and this book makes me wonder if the US in not one too.