Drowning Ruth Drowning Ruth discussion

Drowning Ruth

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Harper I loved this book! It was a bit bizarre, but very intriguing!! A fun read.

Amanda Joyce Woods Very intriguing indeed! I loved it as well.

Patricia Fast I read this book a about a year ago. While I was reading the book, I would often think "did that say what I thought it said?" Then I would reread the section. I thought about the book a long time after reading it, which I think is the sign of a good book.

Linda I read this book many years ago when it was one of Oprah's pick of the month. Recently while searching the library for something to read (ALWAYS must have a stack available or I panic) I saw the cover, knew I had read it and enjoyed it but forgotten the story so...reread it. Enjoyed it just as much the second time! Definitely intriguing -- hard to put down and worth reading. I don't think I could put this book in the category of a fun read (then I think of Janet Evanovich or similar) I would categorize it more as "intense".

Andrew Herren I read this one a few years back and loved it too. Kind of reminded me a little of an Alice Hoffman!

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jen Seriously? You loved this book? I thought it was horribly predictable.

Cheryl I did not like this book it was very hard to read I kept rereading the same sentence over and over and was very lost I even tried putting it down and starting it at a later time and I still did not like it

Randi Laffin I have read this book 4 times...and loved it each time. It is an amazing book that I couldn't put down!

Theresa I just recently finished this book and to be serious, I wouldn't read it again. I think the sister that raised Ruth destroyed a lot of lives and she was very selfish, probably crazy. I was glad when I was done reading it.

Brecken This book was too slow for me. The plot was dull in many parts, and I found myself disliking the characters -- all of them -- which makes for a difficult read. Despite that, I wanted to finish it. I did, but I wouldn't advise someone to read it.

Christine I just finished reading this book and would catergoize this book as an intense read. I found it difficult to put down. I could not say that the characters were likeable but I felt for them. Emotional trauma and mental illness had a huge impact on their lives. It was deeply disturbing book that moved me to tears many, many times and left an impression that is still will me.
This book touched me on personal level.

Jennifer Sieminski I felt this book was very intense and I had trouble putting it down. I wanted to see how everything was going to pan out.

Jessica Theresa wrote: "I just recently finished this book and to be serious, I wouldn't read it again. I think the sister that raised Ruth destroyed a lot of lives and she was very selfish, probably crazy. I was glad w..."

I found this book to be depressing, especially because of the main character that raised Ruth. I kept reading it hoping that maybe the ending would brighten the mood of the book and it did not. I will admit that it had an interesting twist to the story but that did not make the book ok for me. It is not one of my favorites.

Ginny Troy Andrew wrote: "I read this one a few years back and loved it too. Kind of reminded me a little of an Alice Hoffman!"

I agree