Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Date sorting in Read Books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sundry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

Sundry | 2 comments Hi,

I'm finding it very frustrating that even when I click to sort by the date read, the books that I read in Sept are mostly in the queue above the books I read in Oct. I would like to see them in the order read rather than this kind of half-working, half-random list.

I would also really like to see them by date other than just general month. I have been keeping a dated book list for years, and I like to see how one book sometimes lead to another.

Anyway, this is a great site. It has already lead me to books I wouldn't have known about. I've recommended it to friends and family as a way to find out about new reads, etc.

Thanks very much for all your work.

Sally

message 2: by Brooke (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Brooke | 508 comments I second this; when I sort by date read, I'd like to see the books in the exact order that I logged them as being read, rather than just a random grouping of all the books with the same month/year tag.

message 3: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hi Sally,

To sort your books by the read date, click on the column header 'read at'. It looks like it's sorting your books correctly: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

Brooke, if I'm right you're asking for the ability to add a 'day' to the read at field in order to sort entries that have the same month & year. We'll put that on the todo list!

message 4: by Sundry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Sundry | 2 comments Hi Otis.

LOL! This is just like when I couldn't start my car, but it hopped to life for my dad. Yes, it looks right now!

I agree with Brooke about wanting them to list in the exact order. Unfortunately, when you create a great site like this, a lot of the users are going to be a liiiitle too detail-oriented.

Thanks again!

Sally

message 5: by Lara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Lara | 12 comments A second request for a day field so we can see the exact order books were read.

Or maybe...even a "date started" and "date finished" feature?

Average reading speed? Average number of books read per month?

I think that was four or five requests in one...I get excited about these things.