The Inklings discussion

Dorothy Sayers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen L. (new)

Karen L. Anyone read any Dorothy Sayers? She and Lewis were close.I am going to read something by her in the "Anglican " book group.

message 2: by Karen L. (last edited Jan 19, 2009 10:06AM) (new)

Karen L. Wow, I am almost finishing up reading, The Mind of the Maker. I do not recommend it to those who are not used to philosophical and theological arguments. She is brilliant. The book is difficult to follow, yet it is filled with jewels of brilliant study and analysis of the creative mind as being created in the very image of God. She was indeed competition for the Inklings!

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 17 comments If you enjoyed Mind of the Maker, you might want to look for some of her other nonfiction. I think her essay collection Creed or Chaos? is still in print. She's always thoughtful and challenging, but some of the shorter essays are probably more accessible than MotM.

And, of course, if you haven't already, do look up the Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries!

message 4: by Karen L. (new)

Karen L. Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the book ideas! I think summer is a great time for something fun to read like the Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries.

message 5: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 17 comments Oh, absolutely! And the best thing about them is, they're good enough to reread ... even after you know whodunnit! :)