Challenge: 50 Books discussion

50 Books 2009???

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris | 85 comments Just a quick question which might have been covered previously:

Is there going to be a "50 Books 2009" ?

I've really liked this group and hope you're going to do it again next year. I'd really hate to be forced to go get a hobby or some friends just because y'all got better things to do.

message 2: by Lioba (new)

Lioba | 138 comments I hope there's gonna be a '50 Books 2009' too! I'm just slightly over 50 for the year and it's been a good challenge! :-)

message 3: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) I am well over the 50 lol. Hope there is gonna be 50 Books 2009 as well.

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments I was wondering the same thing.

message 5: by Tiffany, Administrator (new)

Tiffany | 1859 comments Mod
I've been wondering the same thing since about ... January :)

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane I just joined & didn't notice the 2008 part. Oops. I'm jumping on the 2009 bandwagon. I think it'd be fun.

message 7: by Bishop (new)

Bishop (a_bishop) | 152 comments I am over 50 and working toward 100, but I would like to do it again. This group is far more entertaining than...

message 8: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments I just checked out Groups and there is a 50 Books 2009 started up by a different moderator and someone else started a 75 Books 2009. I can't do 75 - have fallen short of 50 for this year. If our current moderator for this Group doesn't respond to this thread on plans for 2009 then I guess I'll join the other 50 in '09 group.

message 9: by Dini (new)

Dini I like this group too and still have four more books to go... hey, the year's not over yet right? So here's my suggestion, if it's possible to change the name of a group, how about changing this group's name to 50 Books A Year or something like that? That way we can repeat the challenges no matter what year it is. Anybody in favor say aye...

message 10: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) AYE

message 11: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments Aye - that way I could keep my lists from year to year posted in one place.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I emailed the moderator a week or so ago, and she said that she would be keeping the group and changing the name to 2009. I joined late as well, so I'm just waiting to participate until the name is changed.

message 13: by Danine (new)

Danine (dulcemea) I will be changing the name to 50 books 2009. I will be checking out the 50 Books 2009 as the original plan for the group name was to continue to change the date every year. The difference between this group and the other group is that I give out chocolate and puppies. :)

I'm also brainstorming some more questions for Friday questions. I don't have a lot of good questions to post anymore so I haven't been posting them. As always if you have questions please submit them to me and I will post them.

I'm glad that people enjoy this group. I've enjoyed reading the posts and my 'To Read' list has grown from seeing what others have read.

Regards,

Danine

message 14: by Danine (new)

Danine (dulcemea) Dini-I like your idea of the name being 50 Books A Year. I wanted the theme read 50 books in a year's time and I think that intimidates a lot of people if they come in mid to late year.

message 15: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments Danine & Dini - I think 50 Books A Year is perfect!

message 16: by TC (new)

TC (scrapgirltc) just joined and I am excited to start come Jan 1st!

message 17: by Christie (new)

Christie Chocolate and Puppies!!! Oh Boy!!

message 18: by Danine (new)

Danine (dulcemea) Caterry wrote: "Chocolate and Puppies!!! Oh Boy!!"

...while supplies last :)

message 19: by Christie (new)

Christie LOL!

message 20: by Jane(Janelba) (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:45AM) (new)

Jane(Janelba) (janelba) | 83 comments I'm willing to try this ! 50 books will be hard going for me but I am going to try ! !

So far this year I have read:
1) The Island - Victoria Hislop
2) The Butterfly House - Marcia Preston
3) The Golden Compass - Philip Pullman
4) Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
5) New Moon - Stephenie Meyer

Currently reading
Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman

Jane in France

message 21: by Gloria Clark (new)

Gloria Clark | 104 comments I'm new here, so, please excuse my ignorance, but why 50 books, specifically? Whatever the reason, I would like to join.... My New Years resolution was a book a month, but its not quite February and I've allready gotten through the requisite 12 books so I was thinking, why not one a week or so. Which makes this club you guys have appealing.

message 22: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments Why 50, why not a chicken...jk...an old Chico and Groucho Marx joke...

Welcome!

message 23: by Muphyn (new)

Muphyn Hey all, i'm new here too. i think 50 books in 2009 is a pretty high target for me but i really want to give it go! you've got to aim high, right?! :)

message 24: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments Go Muphyn, go Muphyn, you can do it!!!!

message 25: by Muphyn (new)

Muphyn Mary Todd wrote: "Go Muphyn, go Muphyn, you can do it!!!!"

thanks, Mary!! your enthusiasm is infectious i think, so i will really take up the challenge now and knuckle down! ;)

message 26: by Dawn (new)

Dawn rizzi (dawnie278) Muphyn wrote: "Hey all, i'm new here too. i think 50 books in 2009 is a pretty high target for me but i really want to give it go! you've got to aim high, right?! :)"

I think its high to but just joining has got me going. So far I am up to 4 so even if we make it half way thats great no? Go Muphyn Go

message 27: by Muphyn (new)

Muphyn Dawn, yeah, I totally see what you mean about just joining making you read more!! Me too!! I absolutely love reading but being just such a slow reader, it's still a pretty ambitious target for me. but go me go!! ;)

message 28: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments had out the pon poms and is giving Muphyn a cheer!

message 29: by Muphyn (new)

Muphyn Mary Todd wrote: "had out the pon poms and is giving Muphyn a cheer!"

yeah!! you crack me up!! :)

message 30: by Aprile (new)

Aprile (aprileb) Kelly Jo wrote: "Hi Everyone! I just joined and although it's February, may I include the books I've read since the 1st of January? "

Of course! Welcome!

message 31: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments Welcome and list your 'so far's'!