What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Finn Family Moomintroll (The Moomins, #3)
This topic is about Finn Family Moomintroll
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. children's fiction, moon-something?? [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasmine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jasmine (jasmineworth) | 2 comments I read this book when I was a child, and loved it. I can not remember the name of it, and I can only remember little bits of the plot. Something about little creatures that lived on an island, I feel like they had the word "moon" in their names...? It had small ink illustrations of little creature that almost looked like hippos that walked upright, they were not human. Vague, I know, but I figured Id give it a shot.

message 2: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jackie "the Librarian" | 219 comments You are looking for Tove Jansson's books with the Moomins. There are several titles:
Finn Family Moomintroll
Moominland Winter
Moominpappa at Sea
Moominsummer Madness
and more!

message 3: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexandra | 40 comments That would be my guess as well. One of my favorites series from childhood. Still love them :)

Finn Family Moomintroll (book 1)
Comet in Moominland (book 2)
Moominsummer Madness (book 3)
Moominvalley in November (book 4)
Moominland Midwinter (book 5)
The Exploits of Moominpapa (book 6)
Moominpapa at Sea (book 7)
Tales from Moominvalley (book 8)

message 4: by Jasmine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jasmine (jasmineworth) | 2 comments That's it!!!!
Thanks so much!!!
Ive been trying to figure out the titles of those books for over 15 years!

message 5: by Kelly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelly | 3 comments i adore the moomin books, and now they are putting out hardback collections of Jannson's original comics strip. i have the first volume and i just saw the second volume at my local bookstore. such delightful drawings!

message 6: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexandra | 40 comments I just bought the first volume of the comic strip Kelly, but haven't read it yet. I loved these stories as a kid.