Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

Feb-Mar 2012 Group Read > Lost Boy Lost Girl General Discussion

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2545 comments Mod
Put your general comments about Lost Boy Lost Girl here. No spoilers, please.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 466 comments I am listening to the audio, and for a couple more days have a Kindle copy on loan from the library. I'll probably finish around the 3rd. I hope I can put my thoughts in the right segment!

message 3: by Debra (new)

I read it a long time ago, but will be reading it again. However, I might not get to it until March.

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber | 126 comments My copy should arrive on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to starting it then!

message 5: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) Glad to see this book is the next group read, I'm definitely in. Yay! I'll finally get to read a Straub book. Probably won't start right away, but will read it for sure :)

message 6: by Debra (new)

If you find you don't care for this book, then please don't give up on Straub until you've read Ghost Story. It's awesome!

message 7: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) I have that one too, from the SK Horror Library no less, so I'll definitely give it a read on of these days :)

message 8: by Debra (last edited Feb 01, 2012 01:49AM) (new)

The SK Horror Library books of recommended books like Ghost Story are great. Too bad they didn't finish the series of them. They each feature the Danse Macabre review by SK, but they stopped making them at 6 or so.

message 9: by Tom (new)

Tom Mueller | 47 comments I too read this some time ago, and unfortunately failed to add notes to Goodreads. blah. I'll pull the book again to re-read so I can sound half-way intelligent with any comments I make ☺
I trust you Constant Readers have - or will - view http://lostboylostgirl.com/ (as mentioned somewhere in the book)? Whenever I come across a URL in one of my fiction reads, I visit the site. Surprisingly, it is often a 'live' link put up by the author/publisher or a devoted reader. How many others do this? My guess is that in This group, a great number of you do the same.

message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom Mueller | 47 comments Debra wrote: "If you find you don't care for this book, then please don't give up on Straub until you've read Ghost Story. It's awesome!"

Don't forget to visit Jack Sawyer (what what . . .) in The Talisman (be sure to read before reading _Black House_) and all the most memorable characters, who of course have a sneaky way of visiting us from other-wheres and other-whens in sundry tomes. I think I read that Sai King was visiting Straub in England when they worked on this collaboration? In fact, wasn't that when he visited the East End, the setting of King's Lovecraftian short story?
BOOLYA!!!!!

message 11: by Debra (new)

I've heard that King and Straub plan a 3rd book in the Talisman and Black House series. Of course, they are both busy men and haven't found the time yet. I hope they do! I love those stories!

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber | 126 comments I should FINALLY have time to start this one on Sunday evening. It's amazing how quickly life gets in the way of reading. Sigh. . .

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 466 comments But then the reading whenever started, adds to that life!
Amber wrote: "I should FINALLY have time to start this one on Sunday evening. It's amazing how quickly life gets in the way of reading. Sigh. . ."

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber | 126 comments Ann wrote: "But then the reading whenever started, adds to that life!
Amber wrote: "I should FINALLY have time to start this one on Sunday evening. It's amazing how quickly life gets in the way of reading. ..."

Very true! :)

message 15: by Debra (last edited Mar 08, 2012 07:44AM) (new)

Hey... have been busy busy busy, but I finally read Lost Boy Lost Girl and will be adding my comments tonight. Almeta plans to read and comment soon, also. Sorry I've been away. You guys are the best!

message 16: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 466 comments I am glad to see your comments, Debra!

message 17: by Debra (new)

Ann wrote: "I am glad to see your comments, Debra!"

Thanks, Ann! I always look forward to your insightful comments.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lost Boy Lost Girl (other topics)
Ghost Story (other topics)
The Talisman (other topics)