Dragonlance discussion

DL roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments ok guys, somebodey had to, so it may as well be me. yes, i've started a roleplay group! just start by saying what your character is. tell what race, class, and gender you are, and say something about your personality

message 2: by Brad (last edited Nov 27, 2008 06:22AM) (new)

Brad (judekyle) Denholm the Dashing, half-elf/human (too hard to explain here), male. Denholm is hyper-intelligent, cunning, flamboyant and ambitious magic user, who is deeply committed to the balance.

message 3: by Dov (new)

Dov | 15 comments Davster, human male, red robe, shopkeeper, slightly neurotic, fascinated with war/battle/fights but slightly scared about dying to ever join.

message 4: by Dov (new)

Dov | 15 comments {Davster} tapping his finger on his counter "this has got to be the most boring town on all of Krynn, what i wouldn't give to throw out a kender 'bout now."

message 5: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments My favorite player character race for D&D was always halflings, and I really wanted to try a kender. Unfortunately, no one else wanted a kender in their party. I almost convinced the DM, but our group was waning....

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments well, my kender friend, welcome to my campaign. this is set during the onset of the chaos war, in the spring of 383 AC

message 7: by Miriam (last edited Dec 10, 2008 02:51PM) (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments Well then... aside from the requisite topknot, hoopak, and multitude of pouches, I have carrot red hair, hazel eyes, pink leggings, a green shirt, and a hooded purple cloak I am particularly proud of having "found somewhere" on my way to your sleepy little town. I'm trying to add a new pocket inside it whenever I find a bit of fabric and time (I'm up to six).

I need to review Krynn's history for the setting. It's been a while.

message 8: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments Oh! and my name is Tessi Nuttylot. Nice to meet you. Ooooh, is that a magic shop, Davster?

message 9: by Dov (last edited Dec 13, 2008 11:49AM) (new)

Dov | 15 comments {Davster} If I were to say no would that stop the likes of you? Why don't you go run off i think I hear the city guards coming down the street. Why don't You go ask them for the time?

message 10: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments {Tessie} Why? Don't you know what time it is?

message 11: by Dov (new)

Dov | 15 comments {Davster} Sorry to say that i couldn't care less. so go run off and find something poisonous to befriend.

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments the city guards walk outside to tavern, and enter the building, wearing the uniform of the palanthas guard.(being in palanthas and all) one of them stares in terror at the kender, but then they walk to the other side of the bar

message 13: by Dov (last edited Dec 15, 2008 09:34PM) (new)

Dov | 15 comments {Davster} Useless I tell you. damn guards are just useless.

Now what am I suppose to do, Listen Nutty Tessisplot I really need to get back to work. so you go run off and play ok?

message 14: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments Ok... where are we supposed to be at the moment?

message 15: by Dov (new)

Dov | 15 comments going kinda slow here Mike...

message 16: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments Mike? This was your idea. Where are you? We need our GM.

message 17: by Dov (new)

Dov | 15 comments Miriam why did you pick a kender as your persona? to be honest i have NEVER seen a person play a kender!

message 18: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments {GM} a solamnic knight walks in, his head down and muttering. he sits in one corner with a glass of wine

message 19: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments I happen to like kender.

{Tessie} Ooh, Davster! Is that a knight? I've heard about them, but never actually saw one. (I walk away without saying goodbye, and go up to the knight.) Hello! I'm Tessie! Are you really a knight?

message 20: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments the knight looks at you for a moment, then smiles. "good day, kender" he says "my name is sir agrival, and it's a pleasure to meet you"after a long pause, and with a laugh he added "and i am a knight" gesturing to a sword emblem on his breastplate

message 21: by Dov (new)

Dov | 15 comments {Davsterturns away in to his shop

message 22: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments {Tessie} noticing Davster leaving, she yells across the tavern

Bye Davster! I'll be sure to come check out your shop while I'm in town!

turning back to the knight

I said my name is Tessie, right? My whole name is Tessie Nuttylot. Is it as terribly exciting to be a knight as I've heard?

message 23: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments "it is indeed" sir agrival laughed "less than a week ago i was to guard a caravan from a goblin raid" agrival smiled "that was how i was promoted to knight of the sword. please, have a seat! let us drink, and be merry if there is time between drinks"

message 24: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments Really? Thank you Sir Agival! I'll have one of what you're having. Is it good? Oh, and I'd love to hear more about the goblins!

message 25: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments agrival tells an overview of how he defended a small town from goblins with the help of a centaur,and after a few hours, he says "i'm sorry, but i have to go, it's almost time for my watch" he sighed and then his eyes lit up."if you ever drop by the barracks, i can show you around"

message 26: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments {Tessie} Wow! Goblins and a centaur?!

I can come see your barracks? I'd be really tempted to right now, but my friend Davster seemed disappointed that I didn't come to see his shop yet. How about tomorrow?

message 27: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments "tomorrow it is" agrival smiled and walked out

(( ok, this character development is great, but can we pick up the pace a bit?))

message 28: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments Then take the lead, Mike!

{Tessie}(walks out and heads in the direction Davster took, and looks for his shop)

message 29: by Michael (last edited Dec 23, 2008 08:17PM) (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments i actually have a plan, by paladine...

message 30: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments {Tessie} (Looking in every door and window until spotting Davster in his shop)

(Barely breathing between words) Hello again, Davster! Sir Agival was really nice. You should have joined us. He told me all about fighting goblins with the help of a centaur, and then invited me for a tour of his barracks! Is this your shop? Wow! Could you tell me about some of the stuff you sell? Maybe I could get something for Sir Agrival as a thank you...

message 31: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments so as the GM, i'm making an executive decision that a few weeks go by...

message 32: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments LOL! So now what? And where's Denholm, anyway?

message 33: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments he's dead to us, lol (why am i laughing?) you're back at the tavern, and agrival walks in, his face pale

message 34: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments Okay... Is Tessie with anyone at the tavern?

{Tessie} Hello, Sir Agrival! How are you today? You don't look so good. Whatever made you look so pale? (looking terribly exited) Was it some big horrible monster? Maybe you should have something to drink. Should I order you something? Do you want to sit down?

message 35: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments "i've received some terrible news. kalaman has fallen to the knights of takhisis." agrival sighed, looking much older than the last time you saw him "and they intend to march on palanthas"

message 36: by Miriam (last edited Dec 26, 2008 02:56PM) (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments {Tessie} Wow... Does that mean there will be a battle here? Don't worry Sir Agrival. If there is, I promise to fight by your side. I won't let anything happen to you. Here, have a drink. (I offer the rest of mine)

message 37: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments agrival pushes the drink away "the defense will probably be mustered at the high clerist's tower to the northeast"

message 38: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments {Tessie} Does that mean *we're* going there? Ready when you are, Sir! (she attempts a knight's salute)

message 39: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments "well, i know that if i don't let you come, you'll just follow me and probably get everyone killed, so we're leaving for the tower tomorrow"

message 40: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments So... where is everyone else? I'm beginning to get a little lonely :-(

message 41: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments no idea... i think davster's buggered off

message 42: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments Do you think letting in a kender scared them off?

message 43: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments perhaps... i know i would be scared off, lol

message 44: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments :-P

message 45: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments a classic kender facial expression... back on topic...

message 46: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments Are we continuing, or are you going to try to lure in (or lure back) a couple more players?

message 47: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments ((i think i'll try to get some more players in))

message 48: by Miriam (new)

Miriam (mirebast) | 34 comments No one, huh?

message 49: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 32 comments i guess...

message 50: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) I would think if you set a certain day & time you might get some takers. But what do i know i'm new here? Hi my name is Kendra. I'm a half elf, half human. A fighter/mage, short blonde hair,hazel eyes, a very athletic build, wearing soft tan leather britches, black soft leather boots, a cotton indigo tunic, a wide black belt with quite a few pouches, and a red cloak. Carrying a short sword in a scabbard across my back, a dagger in my belt & left boot, and i smell like spices. I can be light of heart or a real bitch, but ether way you want me on your side. Well i'm putting this out there hope i get an answer. :o) Be seeing ya!

« previous 1